Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body and soul 2023 (initial line up announced)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Wouldn’t expect much more in the international acts stakes, Irish djs/producers etc for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Enjoying all the headliners added but in a way a bit lazy from B&S apart from Moderat, all the others have played various editions, I think this is Goldfrapp's or Alison's third visit, the Blaze headlined Sunday night in 2019 and Fever Ray headlined Friday in 2018. But I suppose they still had their phone numbers so easy to rearrange again. At least they're not making the mistake of booking an indoor trad act like The Gloaming in 2016. Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of the gloaming from time to time but I thought they were the wrong choice to close the main stage on the Friday, too mellow, quiet and slow.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭dav09

Modeselektor did play in 2019 too (who are apart of Moderat). It would be nice to have a few headliners we haven't seen but hoping there's still a few more to be announced, the undercard is quite strong this year and mostly acts that haven't played/ I haven't seen yet. I agree, in fairness B&S always seem to get it right atmosphere wise and the additional stage last year made a big difference late night after headliners finished. I'm sure the competition with the other festival and recovery from Covid (much smaller festival last year) all play a part in who they can book, just very glad the festival is still around and would love to see it grow again in future years

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Seconded. One of the best acts I’ve ever seen live at an Irish festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Mother djs only playing Sunday evening. They usually have a stage all day don’t they? I’m remember them having that reckless in love stage and played out sat night or sun?

• Advertisement

Only played before Roisin murphy last year. 2019 they had a stage to themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Landers11

How do you know the schedule? Have the day schedules been released?

Mother djs themselves had it up on their socials. Playing beyond the pale sat night, body and soul sun evening

Body and soul posted this to socials. Looks like it’s the final line up poster.

wouldn’t expect much more to be added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭RINO87

It is indeed a lovely little lineup when viewed on the poster like that.

Hats off to B+S, they always mange to put it together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Ha! I was thinking the exact opposite when i saw it all laid out 😄

I mean where's the excitement? I see some nice, pleasant stuff and the obligatory B&S blandness, but where's the music to get the heart pumping, juices flowing and head travelling to outer plains? Aside from Thumper and possibly Fabio & Grooverider i'm not seeing a lot there to take me where i want to go.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

It takes all kinds I suppose! This is an absolutely cracking lineup with at least 11 on there that I'm really excited to see (hopefully no clashes!)... Thumper aren't even one of them so looking forward to being converted...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah I think they've thrown together a good lineup this year in fairness to them. Big improvement on last year's anyway. They kind of announced it differently to most others would, they left their strongest acts until the end. I wonder have many people already committed to other festivals? I have anyway.

I agree they did themselves no favors leaving it late to announce the final names, maybe they didn't have them in the bag til now. If myself and herself didn't miss out on last year due to both of us having covid, I don't think we would have jumped on getting tickets as soon as they were released, and would 100% have given BTP a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭crl84

Strongest B&S lineup in years for me, but have unfortunately already committed to BTP.

Definitely would be likely to go if BTP wasn't on, but most of our festival crew kind of gave up on B&S in the few years before covid, as the lineups were less than impressive, and the focus seemed to be more on wellness areas and "vibe", instead of music acts.

Same, last B&S for us was 2017, I think, having been to them all before that. We know they have no problem putting on a great festival so a few years off had us chomping at the bit for last year, only for us both to be stuck to the bed with covid on the Thursday before

Any sign of a day by day schedule yet?

Anyone know can you use a tent style awning with a campervan in the camper site?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Norasheen

Nearly every camper had awnings or tents by their sides all previous years. No problems

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Norasheen

I’m so impressed with the line up now that I’ve gone through it all. There’s so much there. If we get the weather for it it’s going to be the best wkend of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think it's great, I wish they'd move this festival to a different weekend so it wasn't so close to Glasto, I had a great time in 2018.

Which is the better festival? BTP or B&S? Going to B&S regardless as always love it there and been there the last 4 or 5 years. I heard BYP had a few issues with the sound interference between stages last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ForzaForward1

What less known electronic acts are yis looking forward too? I love the Blaze and Moderat and like some of the Blessed Madonna and Avalon Emerson stuff. Anything else I should check out?

How likely is this to sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Add Fabio Grooverider, Nightmares on Wax (DJ set), Bon Voyage (90's Rave Madchester style), Kormac (Electro Swing). I see Neil Flynn in there excellent Techno DJ, in fact look out for Home Beats, which is the crowd that Flynn plays with, so whatever stage they're curating check out all the acts. Good thumping techno stuff.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

never heard of Sara miller before the line up and she’s a must see for me now

https://youtu.be/qaxNfqVsf4w

Day by day breakdown: Sunday tickets going on sale soon as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Any idea how BTP is faring and whether that will sell out?

Advertisement