Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Munster Build-up Tread

Options
  • 06-05-2023 10:54pm

Leinster and Munster meet in a semi final with echo's of 2009.

Leinster this time the favourites, but with change coming in the departures of Sexton and Lancaster.

Munster with a young team and a hard as nails coach need a spark to launch them back into the top flight.

Will this be the start of Munster's rise and Leinster's fall?

Will Munster derail Leinster before the Champions Cup Final?

Will Leinster make it another year without silverware for a team that we all just presume are Werewolves at this stage?

Find out next week, and in the mean time talk absolute sh1te about your least favourite of the two teams.

Have at it!

Post edited by aloooof on

Comments

Just to get the ball rolling

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

If Munster are without POM and Snyman I think they face their perennial issue of not having enough power in the pack to wrest the game from Leinster.

Munster certainly look fitter and better organised in defence. So Leinster won't find it easy to play around them. But I think they could play through them. Depends on the make up of both sides. Munster and the injuries; Leinster who they rest for the Champions Cup final.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Caption competition for that photo.

BOD (blurred in the background): "no Johnny that's ROG... Just won the grand slam... Stop Johnny...wait...I feel a new kind of tingly...oh jesus christ... keep going Johnny"

Interesting choice there Clegg, going for the more serious analysis, style post so early in the thread really free's you up for some sh1thousery later on as a plus gets you onside with the mods. I like it, keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭ongarite

That is one thin looking Luke Fitzgerald there compared to the pie eating imposter on Premier Sports yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

A lot will come down to the team selections. I struggle to see Munster as favourites in any scenario, but they will have a good shot if Leinster rest some players and the injuries aren't quite as bad as they seem for Munster.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,138 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Leinster by 30 cos ...... Well thats what we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I think the injuries tonight will rob Munster of any real competitive chance. They will still throw everything but the kitchen sink at it. Could be an interesting semi. Leinster by more than two scores though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Didn't get to see the Munster Glasgow match. Who did Munster lose to injury?

Snyman, Murray, Barron, Nash and Fekitoa all failed HIAs.

POM went off with an arm/shoulder injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

"BULD" LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,941 ✭✭✭leakyboots

A (rough) positional equivalent of Ryan, JGP, Kelleher, Larmour, Ngatai and Doris all going off injured in the same match. Can't remember the last time I saw an amount of injuries like that in a game.

If we were starting the same team as started the Glasgow game I'd be quietly hopeful but an awful lot will depend on the injury list during the week. Pity cos we've been waiting all season to get that 15 together and a third of it went off injured. Wig must be, eh, pulling his hair out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

Leinster by 2/3 tries. Munster are massive dogs with that probable injury list, just plain old dogs without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Munster will do well to keep the ball kicked out to them

Leinster B team by 30.

A handy training session before putting another star on their jersey the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Very tough selection week for the Leinster coaches. On the one hand obviously it's an important game and they'll want to win the competition. On the other hand, the opposition are a nothing team who haven't been any sort of a threat for about a decade, and the bigger game is the following week. Hope they can thread the needle well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Surprised we haven't had an email yet about tickets for this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

Who is the organiser for this game? Leinster rugby or the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

From the 1st post

"Will Leinster make it another year without silverware for a team that we all just presume are Werewolves at this stage?"

I think this puts serious pressure on Leinster. Munster have a free play, no pressure. Just like Connacht had on Friday night (granted Leinster in the Aviva is very different to Ulster in Ravenhill).

Leinster need to go all out I think because I think the risk of finishing the season empty handed is quite high.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

Winning the URC and losing Champions Cup would be eating humble pie indeed for Leinster

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Kleyn was hurt when he came off to. Barron was an injury not a hia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Potential Munster side:

Loughman, Scannell, Archer,

Wycherley, Kleyn,

Kendellen, Coombes, Hodnett,

Casey, Crowley,

Zebo, Scannell, Frisch, Daly,

Haley.

R: Buckley, Wycherley, Salanoa, Ahern, O’Donoghue, Cronin, Healy, Coombes.

if Leinster save their first 15 it could be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I assumed it would be Leinster, but I actually don't know. The announcer yesterday said that tickets would go on sale on Tuesday, but they didn't say the usual stuff about checking for an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

No game was ever won on paper. Except this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

Hopefully they price it to get a decent crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

In fairness to Leinster and the URC organisers, they've both got this bang on over the last few seasons. Credit to all involved. I would be surprised if they deviated from it now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Thats crazy. 4 days to sell. I know Leinster were talking about opening 2 tiers of the aviva for the quarter final but if you got it for sale today you would have longer to sell and maybe you could consider opening the third tier based on sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,263 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Leinster should play their academy against us having seen how many injuries Munster picked up yesterday, why would they risk any key players?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,138 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Bookies already have -10 between them. Easy money.

It's hard to predict the starting 15 for this game not only because of the Champions Cup final, but also for the unknown injury status of several important players. Need to strike a balance between taking this game seriously and using it as a chance to get players fit. Some need game time to strike off rust. If everyone's fit I'd go with.

Milne, Kelleher, Alaalatoa

Molony, McCarthy

Deegan, Connors, Conan

JGP, Byrne

Henshaw, Turner

Lowe, Keenan, JOB

Post edited by Clegg on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Don't really see any reason to leave out Ngatai other than for the sake of it. He's comfortably the next best centre in the squad after Henshaw and Ringrose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement