Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭isabella5

I've my fingers crossed. How long after your clearance email did u find out

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gracie21

I got my clearance email last week but only sent it back Monday and found out today very fast

• Registered Users Posts: 26 The_Taxman

Batch 2.5. Interview to clearance was 1 week and another week then til assigned a dept. Was tagged but ignored. Seems to be random so not sure anything you see on here will help!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bumblebee.

Got my clearance email yesterday evening early 40's

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

Does anyone know if there is a new batch of interviews starting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsallabit

@Csk2019 Would imagine more will be called soon the most recent batch have been pretty much all assigned already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 popsal

There s interviews next week for laoise I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JohnnyD17

Hi Guys,

Has anyone any news of the Westmeath Panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ITRav2012

The second batch of interviews are taking place this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

It's probably been asked many times already but, I can't find it. Does anyone know if this is a 2 year panel?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Daria321

Interview done last week. Presentation seemed to go ok. Mine took over 8 mins to run through. I had other information set aside for questions such as budget allocations EU similarities to the goal etc, This info was in the departments framework to the goal or connecting documents. I proposed to build on the current work and see the goal achieved through my management of the unit and its staff and relations with stakeholders but the questions kept referring to what did I as a HEO propose so there is something I may have missed there. Interview was as some said before a lot of interruptions and questions. I was asked for examples and when I started into the STAR each time I was hurried along by tell me of a time this or that happened questions. Leadership and staff seemed to be important and there were a lot of questions on that and communication. It flew in.

Post edited by Daria321 on

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Diddlersdoyle

Yes until March 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Hi all, has anyone from Batch 2.5 been given a contract / start date yet? I was Top 5 and haven't heard anything since being told what Dept I was going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KD19

Did anyone else interview last week. Any idea when results will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

The new campaign will probably be open in another 6 months or so then.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MrJustice2022

@kd19I haven’t heard anything yet but supposedly it will be this week. How did you find the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KD19

Found it awful. Presentation went well but I just waffled my way through the interview will be very surprised if I get it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 helenoftroy1

Query

I am currently working in Revenue.

I am on panels for two competitions one for EO allowanced post in Customs Enforcement and the other HEO role in another department, not revenue.

If for some reason I didn’t like the HEO Role, could I revert to EO for customs job if it was offered to me after taking the HEO role?

Would I take the increase I would have got as a new HEO over to customs EO Role.

Or if I am in another department would this lock me out of taking up EO Role which is Revenue.

It's possible that the Revenue EO enforcement role might come up first.

How long would I have to be in that job before I could take the allowance into consideration to decide the starting pay for HEO?

Why I’m asking is you apparently only get 3 days to accept/refuse an offer for new role and would need to know what the situation is with this.

Would anyone know anything about this type of scenario. Or who would I contact, would it be NSSO or our local HR department or Union

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

Afaik you have to be in the allowanced position for a year for the allowance to be factored into promotional starting pay if promoted back out of enforcement.

If the enforcement role was at EO level then once you became a HEO you are ineligible for EO Enforcement and would need to apply for HEO Enforcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkelephanto

That sounds like good advice. Thanks for the tips. Fingers crossed for a good result

Has anyone done interview and been placed for Sligo or Donegal yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Watermelonsugar

Hi all, does anyone have any experience with internal heo comps and what they entail stage wise? I know it might vary from dept to dept but just trying to gauge what to expect. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

@Watermelonsugar in my department there is an Internal HEO comp at the moment. After filling out the lengthy application form it's 3 online psychometric tests and then interview

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Does anyone have experience of using Cut e / AON tests? I've never used them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsallabit

@Claireyy would definitely be checking with pas that they have notified the department, it has happened in the past that they missed this step. I am a lot further down and have contact from new HR, have start date and acceptance letter done.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Diarmaid38

Hi all,

Look at an interdepartmental HEO comp, with the 3 online psychometric tests the Management Scenarios says that the time is unlimited, what is you take on this, is it better to take your time or to go in and get them done as quick as possible?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 civicduty

Has anyone interviewed for Louth yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gerry181

Can I ask what number is being called for interview at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Hollandra

Hi,

Just wondering how people received their assignments?

I just got an message through my message board telling me where I was going. There was no discussion.

I did get a call from my new department about my contract ect. But then was only given details about the role after I had signed and submitted the documents. Again there had been no discussion.

What I've been assigned to do is a complete miss match to my education, previous skills, experience & interests.

I know I should be very grateful for getting through but after the huge slog to get through I have cried non stop for days, if even one of the above skills, education or interests had been a match I'd be ok. But I think the role is a miss match for me and also the receiving section.

Would anyone have any ideas what I should do. Should I just try to get through the year, does every department have internal mobility?

Thanks,

Advertisement