Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Philipberry

Any news of another interdepartmental HEO coming up soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

This one is finished end of March 2024 so I’d be expecting a new competition sometime over the next 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Irish fluent comp opened Friday so I'd expect the general one soon after

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭Augme

That's about accurate on the timeliness and no, you won't be able to start before the additional clearance is obtained.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭aaron5250

Are there HEO comps every year?

TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mr lebowski

I assume you have to be with the civil service 2 years before you can apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

If it's interdepartmental you would need to have your 2 years done.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mr lebowski

Thank you. I thought as much I just wasn't 100%

Around every 2 years. This one opened early March 2022. I'd be expecting the new comp to open in the next couple of months.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Philipberry

Oh yes hopefully there will be a general one soon. Anyone know where i can practice the online tests. Failed the numerical last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 pip1414

Currently in clearance and it's taking so long! Thought everything was going to be order when they got the reference from my previous employer and would ask to contact my current employer this week, but have turned around today and asked to contact two of my other previous employers and get a character reference from when I volunteered somewhere two years ago. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Just really wanted everything sorted ASAP as Christmas is coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ATIMOK

Anyone in Mayo still on a panel - wondering what my chances are given the panel will only last till the end of March. On panel 1.6 and was offered a place not selected in my locations of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ml123

Up to OOM 30 in the Tipperary interviews - they're taking place next week. Best of luck everyone :)

I got assigned just before Christmas and HR provided me with a February start date. They said I would receive the contract and other paperwork in early January, but I haven’t received anything. I emailed today but there has been no response yet. I’m starting to get really worried as the start date is in less than a month now and need to make arrangements with my current employer, although they have assured me 3-4 times that they will issue the contract as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chatty

@pip1414 I am in the exact same boat, interview in Dec results and offer 3 days later.Radio silence since Pas assigned me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 samcon1988

Is there any date for this or has anyone heard of when the new heo competition will begin?

Just looking for some advice - I got assigned back in December and given a start for the beginning of February. They still haven't issued a contract because they say they're waiting on confirmation of my line manager, but have assigned me a division. I'm starting to get really worried as from next Friday, I might be unemployed! I emailed today asking for an update and expressing my anxiety over the situation, but no reply so I really don't know what to do?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bradyei

Hi ATIMOK! I'm currently number 1 on Mayo panel. Was offered 2 vacancies outside my location and turned them down. I was just enquiring today and they don't have any new vacancies logged with them. Will keep you posted if anything moved!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mayoman2023

Out of curiosity What locations were you offered ?

That’s so weird - was told I was no 1 - was offered Claremorris but turned it down ( 2 days after interview).

• Advertisement

Was offered castlebar in July and claremorris in August.

Thanks for the update -not much time left before panel expires - was hoping for something in ballina

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynnington3

Hi folks,

does anyone think there will be a new one of these shortly?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tira11opm

I'd imagine soon. This one opened 03/03/2022 and expires 30/03/2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 2021rocks

Does anyone know what departments are looking for HEOs in Limerick at the moment.

I got called for Stage 3 again for Limerick ( was called beforehand but couldn't do Stage 3 then). It's not my first choice location but if the department had a decent WFH policy, I'd consider it. I emailed Public jobs and told me that the panel won't be extended beyond March. I presume if I make it through Stage 3, I'm likely to get offered a post?

I'm not sure I can be bothered with all the interview prep at this point - I had forgotten about it all unless I would be sure to be offered a post if successful at Stage 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Anyone know if there's a General HEO campaign coming up soon?

@2021rocks I've never heard of a situation whereby anyone who passed an interview wasn't offered a position. Not saying it hasn't happened, but I've never heard of it.

Can I ask when you emailed PAS? Given that they haven't even opened the 2024 campaign yet, it's hard to imagine they'll close the current panel at the end of March.

The reply I got from PAS on 7th March was "There is no intention to extend this competition beyond its original expiration date of 30.03.24".

Thanks! They must be opening the new one soon so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭skidmarkoner

I've heard it'll be next year before they launch another one they don't allways plan them back to back apparently.

Advertisement