Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkelephanto

Not based on what HR have come back to me with which is the DPER sequence per County so they've clarified and told me that interdepartmental would be next in my specific County. Ill update if I get a call for stage 3 on this. As it stands there is no panel active for interdepartmental in my County and I'm top 5 after stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rusty1983

Hi when was the internal Revenue HEO advertised???

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭isabella5

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rusty1983

Thank you, I started in Revenue in January so I must of just missed it, do they run HEO competitions regularly??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 The_Taxman

Every couple of years recently. Need 2 years civil service experience for the most recent one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭kittyc2018

It was advertised in mid December and the closing date was the 18th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 zubesh

Can you use previous service for the 2 year requirement if you left civil service and then returned?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Watermelonsugar

Once it's civil service it can be combined to make up the 2 yrs but onus is on the candidate to get verification of service records, there is a general template. Also double check the eligibility for grade specific service. Have exp in HR unit so feel free to PM if any qs

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bazman33

Results should be out the end of this week or next as far as I know Good luck to everyone…!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Shutuplaura

I have started as a HEO recently. It involved a shift to a different department and I am really hating pretty much every aspect of it. Is there anything that can be done about getting redeployed somewhere else? It's not the work, that actually seems easy. I just find everyone very unfriendly, and unwilling to take responsibility for training etc. Two HEO are supposed to be showing me the ropes and neither showed up today. One just emailed me to 'read some files'. I feel like going home. If the training is so slapdash I am struggling to think of a reason why I should bother getting invested in the role at all.

• Advertisement

Sorry this has happened. It happens to so many people and unfortunately I don’t think you will get redeployed. There’s always the option to revert to your previous role but if you can put yourself down on mobility now and try stick it out for 2 years that would prob be best.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddleboard_11

Does anyone know the exact day the interview results will be out? I'm going away tomorrow & I really don't want to be checking my phone all the time 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

I was hoping we'd hear something today as it's the end of the month. I was told in the interview hopefully by the end of the month but maybe later. The waiting is dreadful alright

Results not out until mid-March 😩

Is that mid March at the latest or is there a delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Louise Dav

I rang this morning and was told they hoping for this fri all going well but it could stretch to early next week 🫣

Not sure, just said they hope to issue by mid-March. That was this morning too which is obviously different to the above comment (and hopefully a worst case scenario)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 newbe64

Hopefully we hear tomorrow, this waiting is torture😫

• Registered Users Posts: 14 VD91

I actually found it more difficult than any interview I've completed in the past. They gave me no opening to talk about an example just quick fired random questions. They kept bringing up troublesome staff but down to the level of what did I specifically say to that person as opposed to the procedures in place. Asked why I am ready for HEO under communication, stopped me and said no, from a communication perspective. Genuinely couldn't make sense of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

Is there any future interviews scheduled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marls17

Anyone contact PAS today about results? I did ring during the week and they said we would hear today but that's conflicting with other people who contacted them. I just want the wait to be over!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭isabella5

I emailed on Wednesday and they said results will be out mid March

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsallabit

They usually call the next batch once interview results are issued whenever that might be.

I wonder if will hear anything today. The waiting is a killer.

From PAS today, the wait rumbles on;

Thank you for your emaill

Please note, there is no timeframe for issuing results however we do endeavour to issue them in a timely manner.

Some batches of interviews run for longer than others, in turn there is a longer wait period on results. We hope to issue results mid-March.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Hi, do you have the contact details please? By mid March, I will have been waiting a month and I'm not sure that falls under the realms of within a "timely manner". Most people I know got their results within a week and a half max and from talking to people, I don't think our batch was much longer than recent ones. It's not really fair to leave people waiting this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Louise Dav

I completely agree we had to jump through hoops for those interviews and I don’t think it’s very fair leaving people waiting that long!

Hi Claireyy, I completely agree and depending when you had your interview I know people that didn't even have to wait a week for their results. It's ridiculous really, we should have had them by Friday as all interviews were finished by the 24th according to board members dates on details provided by PAS. PAS however,as usual, have themselves covered by saying there's no timeline for results so that's that really. Here's the email address; let us know how you get on!!

LargeVolumeRecruitment5@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bazman33

I got a reply basically saying they don’t know when the results will be out as the process takes time due to interviews running longer…!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddleboard_11

Hopefully it's a good sign that they are taking a long time to issue the results - fingers crossed!

Advertisement