Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

If you have never seen Memento I thoroughly recommend it. Easily the best thing Guy has ever done.

Feel old now but it was one of the first dvds I ever bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

They wrapped it up quite nicely, in a kinda typical Neighbours way, totally over the top, silly and unrealistic of course, but, also very emotional at times too ( a few tears were shed 😭). It was great seeing all the old cast members back and some nostalgic old scenes that I remember seeing the first time around. The old characters coming back reminiscing about the past was a great way to send it off. Like pretty much everyone else at the time I watched it in the 80's, then dipped in and out of it for most of the 90's and watched regularly for the early to mid noughties, then drifted away again for a few years but got back into watching regularly over the last few years again. It's sad that it's finished and I'll miss my daily fix of it, but, I was satisfied that it had an uplifting ending and pretty much everyone got a happy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Acosta

Fair play to Guy Pearce. No cameo for him. Three episodes and a proper storyline. Class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I guess RTE will show the U.K. version off the final episode. Australia had extra bits so the 3 episodes filled 90 minutes with ads.

"After bolting the second last episode with the finale and dropping an extra set of credits and recap, it opened up over a minute of time." said the executive producer.

Channel 5's version of the finale also included commercial tracks from the likes of George Ezra and Harry Styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Sad to see neighbours end. Would have been on often as a kid, would have seen bits during work breaks. Was watchable. Didn't know Jane was an old character. Guess that's why she is getting so much screen time. Guessing the same for the Mike guy, guess the older viewers know him well.

How much did the UK pay towards it? Could rte have put money in? Could have some episodes set in Ireland.. Good for tourism.

When you see some of the shite funded in the UK you'd be annoyed they're cancelling this. Like naked attraction... Like tinder for naked bodies. Such a ridiculous nonsense concept.

• Advertisement

Fond memories of watching neighbours during the summers of school and college, probably 12/13 years ago. Andrew Robinson, blonde fella with funny hair cut. And Natasha was a great looking girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,714 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Fair play to the producers in giving this soup an ending. Now if only Eastenders, Emerald, Cornie Street, Fair City abd Amy others all done the same. A show is no good unless it has a beginning a middle and an ending.

What was the reason for everyone selling up?

Great to see that RTE showed the full Oz Neighbours finale unlike Channel 5 and although the Oz television Producer gave an explanation it makes less sense now since RTE could show it in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Pistachio19

My lunchtime will never be the same again 😫. Shed a few tears today. Good job Paige hadn't managed to sell all 5 houses within a week 😀 There was a guy with a greying longish beard who I didn't recognise. Pity Charlene lost her tongue since she left all those years ago. It was a bit daft that she barely said a word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,206 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That was a great final episode. I had a good idea that everyone would reverse their decision to leave at the last moment. It wouldn't have been right at all for everyone to head off into the sunset.

Reuniting Mike and Jane as a couple after all these years in the very last episode and Mike moving back onto the street was a masterstroke.

Fair play to Kylie and Jason for showing up and it was a bit of an LOL moment to have 'Especially For You' playing as they arrived 😀

Coincidence mainly. Paul decided to sell Lassiters to Shane and move to New York and Toadie thought he needed a clean break from the area and the others were leaving for different reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,573 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What happened to Glen?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Pistachio19

Looks like he was happy enough just having Kiri in his life in the end. He didn't seem too upset to see Terese back with Paul anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Neighbours is coming back and starts filming in the New Year.

It shows it should have never been dropped by Channel 5, that was a stupid decision.....there was life in the show yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I really thought it was gone - fantastic news. I wonder will RTE get it.

Looks like the proper cast are coming back too - Karl, Susan, Paul, Toadie etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭animalinside

Sooooo happy!!!!! 😄 🤣

I believe they will get it, they have always been very positive about Neighbours. Both Neighbours and Home and Away always perform stunningly well for RTE for the show category and its cost.

I hope it will be as it was - every day - some people are suggesting it might change format but you'd think they would have mentioned that. And hopefully they will support it for years to come or it will find another buyer - you never know with a streaming service, I'd rather it see it go to ITV or BBC. But right now just delighted to see it back at all, it was looking very grim for a long time! 😎

• Advertisement

Amazon brought Packed to the Rafters back as Back to the Rafters and dropped it after 1 season. I certainly hope it at least gets to 40 years.

Was only thinking about neighbours the other day and wondering if others were missing it too. It was a shame it ended, but, I thought they wrapped it up so well, brought the old and new together, thought it might be better to leave it at that. I wonder will it be picked up by any terrestrial channel, as I didn't think it would last long on a streaming service alone. Hopefully they don't ruin what was a very good ending.

I would be very surprised if RTE don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

The Celebration tour kicked off in Belfast on Wednesday night! A great evening with Toadie, the Kennedys, Jane Harris, Chloe Brennan and Paul Robinson.

Lucinda Cowden will be reprising her role as Melanie Pearson in new episodes of Neighbours later this year and off course filming starts Monday April 17, 2023.

Any word on where or when it'll be broadcast when it returns?

It will be available on Amazon Prime Video. Rumour's maybe on RTE as well but not officially confirmed by RTE so doubtful.

In the UK at least, it will be on Freevee which is an Amazon channel. The programmes are free to watch but there are adverts. There's a Freevee app which you can use on your phone and which can also be downloaded to a Chromecast device. There are already a lot of old episodes on there - 50 classics dating back to the very first one and every episode from 2012 and 2013 (I believe they'll be adding the ones after that in due course.)

Dr Karl - Alan Fletcher gave an interview to Kathryn Thomas (filling in for Ray D'Arcy) a few days ago. He says filming recommences tomorrow (Monday).

• Advertisement

April Rose Pengilly, Ryan Moloney, Jackie Woodburne, Alan Fletcher, Annie Jones and Stefan Dennis will all be back as well.

Advertisement