Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Neighbours begins production Monday in Melbourne for Network 10 and Amazon Freevee / Prime Video with confirmation it has secured the location of its ‘Ramsay Street’ home, Pin Oak Court in Vermont South.

The news was revealed at Sunday night’s Neighbours: The Celebration stage show in Melbourne.

But it isn’t clear if there are any exclusions and some homes have undergone changes by their owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭SteM

I don't see any freevee app available to install on my chromecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

I'm in Co Antrim so maybe it's only available in the UK. I think it was preinstalled but you could try searching for it and adding it if it's available. If you can even find the android version you could play it on your phone and cast it to the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭SteM

Freevee is not available on the Google Play store in the Republic of Ireland.

Former The OC and The Hills star Mischa Barton is heading Down Under to play American Reece, whose arrival in Erinsborough is far from what it appears to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Will it only be available to stream or is it likely to be picked up anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭animalinside

Seems it will only be available on Amazon Prime in Ireland for now.

RTE were very positive about it and said they were looking forward to it coming back when it was first announced:

Following the revival news, RTE bosses have confirmed it will also return to Irish audiences.

An RTE spokesperson told Irish Daily Mirror: “RTÉ is looking forward to welcoming Neighbours back in 2023.”

Amazon must have wrestled for exclusive rights to show it in Ireland.

However I wouldn't be surprised if it also came back on RTE at some point, it's always been very popular here.

I guess the danger is that Amazon is doing a long-term kind of bait-and-switch. As in they could do Neighbours for 2 or 3 seasons to get everyone hooked on Prime/Freevee, then once people are accustomed to using their app suddenly drop it.

We can only live in hope. Am really enjoying the earlier seasons for now.

September 18 or 25 on Prime it's back. Very unclear at the moment.

Post edited by Delta2113 on

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

RTÉ confirm it will return to RTE on 18th September and run from Monday to Thursdays.

The soap, which has followed the lives of those living and working in the fictional Melbourne suburb of Erinsborough since 1985, will return to RTÉ on 18 September and will run from Monday to Thursday.

• Advertisement

Source: Press Association - very strange - some people still not convinced RTE will show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That's excellent news. I guess Amazon were not that pushed one way or the other about the Irish market and far more concerned with pulling in viewers / revenue in the UK. I'd say RTE are thrilled at the news, as they had been showing it continuously for over 20 years.

In two minds if I'll start watching it again. Was disappointed when it finished last year and missed it, but, felt they wrapped it up quite well in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

That's great news, I watched Neighbours since the very first episode and it was easy watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

I had planned to stop watching soon even before it was announced it was ending. I think I will watch for another 2 years and then stop as one woke soap is enough for anyone (EastEnders).

I seen that they introduced another same sex couple to replace Aaron and David which just confirms what I have been saying. They are just engaging in 'tick box wokery', I could understand if they introduced these sort of characters organically but they are introducing them solely to have minority groups represented. In a small suburban street how realistic is it that there would be a transgender person, same sex parents and a woman in a polygamous relationship with two young men. Home & Away don't seem to behave like this but it is probably just a matter of time.

I watch Coronation Street, EastEnders and Home & Away and it is hard enough to keep on top of these so Neighbours will be one that I will gladly cut ties with. I think another will eventually have to go but I don't know which one.

I would have to disagree. They repeatedly have a lot of things you wouldn't expect to find one one small street (it's actually not even a street but a court) - multiple doctors, multiple teachers, police officers, a newspaper/hotel tycoon, killers, psychopaths, stalkers and so on. Being gay can be a good plot device sometimes - coming out to people about it, someone is homophobic to them, issues about things like adopting a child, and that sort of thing.

It does kind of raise an eyebrow for me if they're bringing another gay couple in so soon. I don't think they could be accused of pandering to wokeism up to now, we'll just have to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Starts Monday at 2pm on RTÉ1 and repeated on RTÉ2 at 6pm.

Monday 18th September 2023 (Episode 1 / 8904)

The residents of Ramsay Street are in high spirits preparing for a wedding. A new family arrive in town, with one of the members appearing to harbour a suspiciously keen interest in the street.

Neighbours star Joy Chambers-Grundy dies, aged 76

She played Rosemary Daniels on the soap.

• Advertisement

Prime Video has Episode 1 (8904) up - 24 minutes.

Just seen the first episode, a shocking ending to say the least!, for a first episode back it felt like there was a little too much of the new characters instead of focusing more on the regular/old characters. It was almost a reverse of the "final episode" ( which I thought wrapped things up nicely). An OK return, but, could have been better.

Somebody on X had made a prediction about the shocking ending which I just didn't believe so it was still a shock when I watched earlier. I'm going to watch again. I think it will be good and maybe because the finale was so outstanding we are comparing today's episode to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Was not expecting that ending at all, glad I hadn’t seen any spoilers for it, probably wouldn’t have believed it anyway tbh. Good first episode.

Is it all a dream?

Scott and Charlene's son is back

What’s behind the pairing of Terese and Toadie and how did you land on this?

Jason Herbison - Executive Producer: In doing the two year time jump, I wanted to reward the audience with a truly surprising twist. It’s very possible that two unexpected characters could fall in love during that time frame and it would make total sense if you’d seen it play out. The difference is, you haven’t seen it play out – so now we ask you to keep watching and discover how it happened. I wanted an OMG moment to kick off the new chapter and Toadie and Terese were perfect. I love that they’ve never looked twice at each other in that way. But it’s not just there for shock value – there is a deep and complex back story that underpins it. We always work hard to ground everything and ensure stories are true to character.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

The fact that you're referring to gay characters appearing on a soap as "woke" suggests that maybe you're older than their target audience. The average teenager wouldn't bat an eyelid at gay or trans people appearing on television. Also, soaps tend to have a big gay following - it's inevitable that this will be reflected in their storylines. I've never heard of a straight, adult male watching Neighbours or Home and Away, so I wouldn't tune in and expect it to be my kind of thing. I'm not their target audience.

I didn't like the twist at all, I think they should have just picked up as they left off. 

I know other tv shows have done jumps occasionally but this Toadie marrying Melanie and them being so happy and now him suddenly marrying Terese is a bit much for me.

It's almost as if we've been hardcore ghosted out of their lives for the past 1-2 years and we don't know them as well anymore.

Some things work spectacularly like the final episode last year, other things don't turn out as well. I look forward to it just getting back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭con747

"I've never heard of a straight, adult male watching Neighbours or Home and Away" Are you for real? I'm about as straight and male and anything else that defines that as you can get and watched Neighbours when it used to be on and still watch Home & Away with the O/H amongst others including our very own Fair City for the comedy factor, but in fairness I most likely will give the reboot a miss.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement

I'm 54 Burt - straight and still watch Neighbours and Home and Away. Your comments make no sense and not all young people are 'Gay friendly'.

Big Gay following on X for Neighbours yes that is correct.

Advertisement