Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,294 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I feel sorry for Mel

Two women fighting for Toad

Amanda Holden to play Harlow's aunt, Prue's sister

Kyle has cancer not Hendrix

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Rfrip

the whole polyamourous storyline needs to end, its just pointless

I think Hendrix having cancer would have been a great storyline , i think he is a really good actor, well by soap standards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If I was Brent I would report Paul to the cops for bribing that guy and get Toadie to lodge an appeal on the conviction

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

The whole custody case is ridiculous. David is coming off as being even more disturbed than he claims Nicolette to be.

Also, Melanie "I'm not an old person, I can't have osteoporosis" - get a grip woman. You're 56, not 36, it may not be old per se but is old enough to get checked for osteoporosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Kyle is being killed off in a cancer storyline - I like Kyle 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Rfrip

me too and i really like him and Roxy together

I like Glen, I wonder does Terese stray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

Anyone else annoyed that RTÉ did not take the opportunity to catch up this week?

They've ended the show today WITHOUT showing the season finale - - - so they'll show the "cliff-hanger" in January.

This was the perfect week to catch up and be in-sync with the other broadcasters again but NO, they'll stay behind.

Britney dies

I can understand 3 women after Glen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

A very minor character, so no real loss to show

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

A very difficult soap to endure nowadays, I have to scroll online just so I can endure the episodes. The most annoying thing is the workeness, a suburban street, transsexuals, polygamy and gay parents all on a small street is unrealistic. I could cope with that if the storylines were good but they definitely aren't, the last good storyline was Finn.

A good example of this is when the telephone post fell on the party. This could have been dramatic but the next episode they do this weird flashback episode with very little aftermath footage of the post falling.

I've made the decision to stop watching this show in a couple of years as it isn't worth the 100 minutes per week. I've been watching on and off since 2000.

Also I was shocked at some of the adult content I heard on this show. Roxy telling Kyle that he should "fill it to the brim" when he was going to donate semen. Then they showed him donating the sample in the hospital room. That isn't what I want to be seeing on a dinner time soap. That hypersexual character Roxy annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

It's completely unrealistic alright, a bit overloaded with gay characters atm, but, I think Mackenzie (the trans character) is a good character and the fact she is trans (as is the actress who plays her) is rarely referenced now that her transition storyline is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Neighbours is reportedly facing the axe on Channel 5 after 14 years at the heart of the station's daytime schedule.

Bosses at the long-running soap are thought to be in crunch talks over the show's future amid reports that Channel 5 wants to pull its funding for budget reasons.

According to a report in The SunNeighbours producers are "pulling out all the stops" to save the show but no deal has been reached.

I hope it can be saved but if Holby City can go so can Neighbours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

My negative review of the show came at a suitable time with news of Channel 5 axing the show. The only problem I have if the show finishes is that I won't get the chance to visit the studios. I wouldn't care about having no new episodes, I have most of 2003 episodes on USB and DVDs of 2005 and 2006. Also the whole of 2007 is on Dailymotion and I also think most of the earlier years are on Dailymotion. I know the full of 1992 is on there but in poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭animalinside

BaywatchHQ nobody cares about your "review", that is not how boards like this work.

Devastating news for one of the great icons of everyday tv, no doubt to be largely replaced by very low budget reality tv tripe. While some of the stories have been lame lately the characters are very strong and it'll be a terrible shame if it all goes to waste. 😞

Post edited by animalinside on

Itv,Sky,Acorn Tv,Netflix,Prime Video I hope one off them saves it. Still well over 1 million in the U.K. watch it.

Channel 5 bought the show in 2008 in a 10-year £300m deal. That would later become a 4 year deal, then a one year extension to June 2022.

https://www.change.org/p/channel-5-channel-5-don-t-axe-neighbours

I think BBC should also be in the running to buy it back again - they had it originally, just like our own RTE continue who to have it. As a public broadcasting service their reason for existing is to obtain programmes that mean a lot to many people and are a part of society and not just operate solely on financial considerations as the low-budget reality tv shows have an advantage for. A family-friendly show where people try to work out their problems, so much better for society than overly violent shows or reality tv. The BBC should save Neighbours and it would do wonders for their reputation among people who like it.

Apparently a broadcasting heavyweight has predicted someone will in fact pick it up, so fingers crossed:

https://deadline.com/2022/02/neighbours-cancellation-latest-uk-broadcasting-heavyweight-michael-grade-predicts-fremantle-will-find-another-buyer-1234927575/

BBC won't save Neighbours at the same time they are getting rid off Holby City.

Is it cancelled in Oz completely or just from UK airing?

It's crazy and hard to believe but cancelled completely unless they can find another buyer.

Here's the petition to save it: https://www.change.org/p/channel-5-channel-5-don-t-axe-neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gerdy baby

At end of it all, does anybody really care if neighbours is axed? There is plenty of other stuff to watch, we are all fickle viewers. I liked the show at the start, but got fed up with it. The final episode (if it does not survive) will be like the finish of "the truman show".we will just switch off and get on with our lives. And it can't be too popular in Australia if it depends on chanel 5 for backing etc

• Advertisement

Millions of people care. Every episode gets almost 2 million viewers worldwide, easily beating Home and Away.

The Irish Times is carrying an article about how much it upsets one person and there are many other similar accounts all over the media.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/watching-neighbours-was-the-only-part-of-the-day-my-late-wife-felt-happy-1.4797967

Neighbours is a really unique programme, I think it's the best soap and will be sad to see it go.

Advertisement