Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭jj880

Jaysus. Paid 70 euro for sackboy from Currys. Damn you Santa! 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Been patiently waiting for Sackboy since it launched. I knew it would eventually be added. Happy with that. Meet your Maker could be interesting, and Tails of Iron looks solid too. A great month in fairness, if these games are your type of thing.

That price was at launch as I wanted junior to have some physical games to open for Christmas. Sackboy is similar to astro in gameplay but the co-op is excellent. Soundtrack is top drawer too. Enemies dancing along to Uptown Funk before attacking you. Great addition to ps plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Jacovs

For what its worth, Sackboy has a load of free add-ons, looks to be a load of costumes. Havent played the game so not sure what they add, but probably just visual content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Well, I just clicked on about 50 free add-ons for sackboy on mobile, so I hope it was worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Damien360

48 costumes. I counted !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not letting me download it from the app at the minute, the other two games are fine. Bit weird.

I apparently played the demo of it as I had a bit unlocked already. Quickly remembered its a very... easy game. Bored already. Heard Meet Your Maker is janky, so gonna give Tails of Iron a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I might have downloaded everyone's allowance with all the add-ons I got! :D

• Advertisement

I cant remember whats required to unlock the speedruns but some of them are very tough to get the gold times. On some levels you need someone to join in for co-op but its worth doing. They are great. Especially if you have a younger player in the family.

😂😂😂

Thankfully it works fine from the console itself. It might be a bit of relief from playing Sekiro atm. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Tried all 3 yesterday evening, Sackboy is okay but yeah probably easy and just a good game to play for a bit, the other two are shite 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog - Available Tuesday, April 18.

• Kena: Bridge of Spirits | PS4, PS5
    • Doom Eternal | PS4, PS5
    • Riders Republic | PS4, PS5
    • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus | PS4
    • Slay the Spire | PS4
    • Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom | PS4, PS5
    • The Evil Within | PS4
    • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood | PS4
    • Bassmaster Fishing | PS4, PS5
    • Paradise Killer | PS4, PS5
    • Sackboy: A Big Adventure | PS4, PS5

PlayStation Premium | Classics

• Doom | PS4
    • Doom II | PS4
    • Doom 64 | PS4
    • Doom 3 | PS4
    • Dishonored: Definitive Edition | PS4

As part of our normal content refresh, Marvel's Spider-Man, Resident Evil, and NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 will be among some of the titles leaving the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog in May.

-- beaten to it

Post edited by Niska on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Awful lot of Microsoft/Bethesda games there.

lol just bought Kena for 18 quid in a sale recently, haven’t started it yet. Typical. 😁

Riders Republic, nice. Been waiting for that one. Can see myself spending some time with it, liked the demo of it but I'm against buying MT loaded games these days. Kena is a great little game, not sure if I finished it so will check it out again. Haven't played Wolfenstein 2 either, so yeah, pretty good month imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Doom eternal, sweet.

Over 30 games leaving in MAy:

The full list of games leaving PlayStation Plus in May is as follows:

• Marvel's Spider-Man
    • FlatOut 4 - Total Insanity
    • Deadlight: Director's Cut
    • Homefront: The Revolution
    • Mighty No 9
    • Red Faction Guerrilla Remarstered
    • Shenmue 3
    • This War of Mine: The Little Ones
    • Metro Last Light Redux
    • Metro 2033 Redux
    • Kingdom Come Deliverance
    • Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy
    • Left Alive Day One Edition
    • Star Ocean First Departure R
    • Balan Wonderworld
    • NBA 2K Playgrounds 2
    • Resident Evil
    • How to Survive Storm Warning Edition
    • Pixel Piracy
    • Last Day of June
    • Virginia
    • Dreamfall Chapters
    • TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge 2
    • MX vs ATV All Out
    • Tour de France 2021
    • Graveyard Keeper
    • Kona
    • Relicta
    • Windbound
    • Chronos Before the Ashes
    • Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Definitive Edition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Thats actually a pretty significant list, I def won't get the few I had earmarked done by the time they leave, bit of a shame there really but considering my backlog, it may not be a bad thing to cull some items from it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Outside of the bigger more obvious games, can anyone recommend games on that list that are worth playing before they leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,787 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nearly tempted to try Balan Wonderworld out of morbid curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Kingdom Come Deliverance is great. Graveyard Keeper is similar to Stardew Valley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sweet. I would never have bought it, so no harm giving it a go at least. But, having followed the link and watched the video, which the article has a section right after entitled "What did I just watch?", well, it interests me more now. And hearing it being compared to Kurushi ("Intelligence Cube" for the dumbed down 'Mericans, oh the irony), makes me even more excite. And PSVR2 compatible. They're winning me over before it's even out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Love Sackboy my only problem with is they the mult players levels and the amount of multi player trophies. The levels not too bad as you can put in a controller but not the trophies too many x amount to do. So will finish it but not the platinum.

Riders Republic seems like a good game. At least, the few races I've tried were somewhat fun. But, let me play the f^%ing game! Unskippable "Unlocked" screens, cutscenes for everything, at one point so many new events were unlocked I was just being zoomed around the map view automatically without being able to skip for about 90 seconds. All this stuff I've unlocked to take part in but I've still no clue what the hell is going on. It's so erratic, and in-your-face, characters I just want to kick in the teeth spouting rad dude BS I haven't seen since the 90s. The game could badly do with a simple list of next events. It's extremely off-putting. So much that in the 56 minutes since I've turned it on, I've "played" about 15 minutes. And that's without trying to customise anything!

It annoyed me so much that I just turned it off and I don't think I'll go back. Shame, as there does appear to be a good game under day, was getting some slight SSX Tricky vibes from the snowboarding/skiing. Just... the live service aspect of it is horrendous. There should be an option to just pick Solo and nothing else shows. Hundreds these icons on the map then of "players", yet there were only 3 of us in the Mass Event. And my level 14 lost to a level 4576, with my DH bike being 150 and his being 900, where the bike/method of transport you have affects stats. Fair... A prime example of a potentially great game ruined by ADHD and live service.

Give us a damn SSX Tricky remaster already! It'll print money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Next month's games leaked

[PS+ Essential and +] Games of May 2023: GRID Legends, Chivalry 2 & Descenders on PS5/PS4

Advertisement