Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There's a nasty bruise... only saw it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Wanted to wash the sugar canister (that has its own spoon) so left the 1/3 full bag of sugar on top of the tea canister.

Not once but twice I took a spoonful of sugar from the bag and into the canister rather than my mug.....I'd be a danger with brains.

Canister in dishwasher now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I've never got the point of wax museums as an attraction. Why do people like them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Went for a walk. Was hot when I got a home so took off my jumper. Unfortunately I was standing in the hall underneath the light fixture so my hand crashed into it while performing the costume change

• Registered Users Posts: 24,931 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m pretty much certain that I’ve developed a shin splint in my left shin. Pain location and symptoms tick all the boxes that I’m reading…… causes are mainly over exercise which I’m guilty of….only prescribed cure is several days of absolute and complete rest….which given my schedule outside of today and tomorrow….will be difficult to impossible to achieve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

bought what i thought was lemon flavour fruit and barley squash from aldi, turned out its apple and pear. not horrible but not what i expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Contrarians and Edge Lords derailing threads with their attention seeking. And the saps who continue to engage with them long after its become obvious what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Won a €30 gift voucher for a local eatery in a table quiz the other night. Right says I, myself and the woman can basically get a free meal if we go for the circa €15 option each (there were plenty to choose from hovering around that range). But nope, she decides to plump for the €26.50 seafood dish. Guess I will be paying for my lunch this weekend so.

Irish ladies losing their opening 6 nations match 31-5 to Wales.

not loosing per say but the manner of it being lost… simple kicks missed, some very simple errors made, careless passages of play, bad handling errors under zero pressure, massively overthrown passes under zero pressure….

add in some pretty poor officiating….which can’t have helped but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Vita nova

That I've just realised the clocks went forward this morning and I've lost an hour and now have to go around updating immersion and CH controller timers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Cause its been bright here for a few days I notice how dingy the bright lino in the hall looks,

as he lovesx1000000000000000000000 his gadgets I asked sib to steam clean the lino, when he finished he said its just stains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUH!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

We are having some Asian colleagues to visit during the week, so we got a nationwide email asking us to be sure to wear masks(if possible or submit a negative covid test day of) to make the vising team feel safe.

Not much new in that, we have been asked for things like this in the past without incident, One of the newer staff members had a meltdown about forced mask wearing blah blah blah and went around trying to get ppl on their side. A week later there was this convo.

p1, Hi may, are you feeling better now?

may, much, just the covid cough to lose now and I'll be grand,

p1, lol! you didn't have covid did you? you got the booster* with the rest of us I remember,

may, I did, I don't know how I got it, I never left the house except to help my sister with her kids when her husband was sick.

Reader can you guess what the brother in law was sick with?

*Most of us deal with sick or venerable people and would take the vax to protect them, it wasn't mandatory but the alternative were a pain in the donkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Immersion , heat timer , two watches , kitchen clock , oven clocks , microwave clock , sitting room clock , one phone that refuses to acknowledge the change every time .,……. What have I forgotten ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've loads of respect for the Gardai.

However the ad campaign they've for recruitment is very cringey and annoying.

Watching the live West Indies vs South Africa cricket…. Shaun Pollock. One of the most respected and decorated ex cricketers going is doing commentary… a shot cuts to him mid match about to interview a lady… he asks her to to introduce herself and she says her name and her job ‘ KFC Influencer’…. KFC are one of the sponsors, grand, but how does it ever get to the stage that in the middle of the commentary, of a live competitive sports event, that live coverage cuts to an interview with someone self identifying as… a ‘KFC influencer’..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was in the shop and the bill was 15.50 . So I give another € so I’d get 5 note and less change. Bloody eejit gave me 6.50 in change 😡

TV again…. Sky Sports Premier League, in the absence of premier league football are showing.. ‘ Live EPremier League Finals ‘

which is live coverage of kids , playing a football video game on XBox for prize money…

its a fućking subscription sports station / package yet on a Sunday afternoon having paid… we get to watch kids, play video games…🙄show whatever, reruns of the best EPL matches , one legged darts from Shropshire….. but fûck me, kids playing video games… it’s not sports , not interesting, not fun and not worth a fûck as regards entertainment, no matter how much shouting at the screen, encouragement, fist pumping goes on on a rather snazzy set… “they’ll be writing themselves into the ELF history books” according to the presenter…. No, you’ll be writing yourself into the glossary of bullshît chump merchants…… quit showing people playing video games on subscription sports stations ! 1995, 1.30 am channel 4 it might be acceptable !!! Here and now, not.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Gross f**king incompetence 🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The less successful sequel to Grosse Pointe Blank. 🙊

• Advertisement

The hamster wheel.

Fuk you hamster wheel 🖕🖕🖕

This ta,

"Put two teaspoons of acv into an eight oz tumbler of water, repeat three times a day"

Who in normal life has time/headspace for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Muller1991

I'm sure its been said plenty of times in this thread but ever since I returned to work in the office one thing has really annoyed the living daylights out of me.

There is a guy in my office who pronounces certain words in what I would describe as "Dublinese" Book becomes Bewk , Cook = Cewk and so on and so forth. He does it on purpose at times and it really rots me and I honestly do not know why maybe its just a grammar thing lol I'm a Dub too before anyone says its definitely a Dublin thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

RTE radio stations disappeared off my Google speaker for a week, came back for about a week and gone again. Grrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Went to visit a person in hospital yesterday. I brought in clean clothes as a favour for the carer. Patient told me to eff off, who asked me to visit or bring clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

What is it with Irish people and the 'ornate' ugly white plastic doors they put on their houses? They're like something from a child's house for dollies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Meeting people out of context and trying to put a name to the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Waiting for ages in a busy "gastropub" to get served food - only to be told an hour later they completely forgot your order 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The interminable wait for two of my favourite festivals to announce their second spate of acts in sixteen weeks, while every European festival from John O'Groats to Timbuktoo has announced their acts and day splits. Get on with it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

A group of male teenagers on the bus at the moment. Every sentence from them ends with "bro", for example "I saw him last night bro, he was hammered bro, I got hammered too bro". If I had a penny for every time they've said "bro".....

Advertisement