Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 parisee88

Hi there, did you have any joy in reaching them or finding a direct contact as I am in a similar situation with them and all I have is a useless email thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ackack111

Hi there, Has anyone managed to collect a parcel from Fastway Hawkes Bay Hub? On a Saturday? Can’t find any details online.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fastway are shít.

A parcel which reached their Dublin depot on Monday morning took two trips to their Midlands depot for no reason and is now back at their Dublin depot again. Maybe it'll be delivered in time for next Christmas 🙄

Next time my son wants gear from Sports Direct I'll tell him to look elsewhere.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 22thecrescent

Ordered a table from Very.ie and obviously shipped from UK. The table comes in two packages. The tabletop was delivered however Fastway advise the second half of the order is being held for customs review. I’m told Fastway file customs entry to clear goods into Ireland on belhalf of Very.ie. This just doesn’t make sense.

Anyone else experienced similar issue? Any idea how long I’ll be waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Allinall

You're importing from outside of the EU, so a customs declaration will be needed, along with VAT and possibly customs duty to be paid.

The parcel then vanished off their systems and we had to get a refund, last minute scramble to buy online from a retailer who uses a proper courier in time for Xmas... hassle we really didn't need

Just don't buy from a seller who uses Fastway.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Fastway said they delivered a parcel to my house,

I was out at the time.

They left it at side of front steps, busy main street.

Someone took it.

Who is liable here?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You haven't received it. Contact the shipper, they engaged Fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

Add me to the list of people to be scammed by Fastway 😡

I would usually try to avoid them, but I ordered something from an EU online store which was actually shipped from Spain, via Netherlands and UK before unfortunately ending up with Fastway in Ireland 😫

Surprisingly, their tracking website actually worked and I was able to monitor my parcel making its way to Galway Monday morning, being registered on a local van and heading out for delivery. Well, it never arrived!

The status got updated to "Unable to Attempt" - whatever that means! And later that day it updated again to "Rang - no answer", which is a complete fabrication - I never got any call.

I actually managed to get a helpdesk ticket opened on their website and even got some responses over the course of the week, but they were little more than some central Administrator checking the tracking status themselves and insisting they were going to send it out again. They did send on my phone number to my local depot, but I never got a call.

So we get to the end of week and I update my helpdesk ticket saying I've still not received or heard anything. Then soon after, the status magically gets updated to "On Board with Courier" saying it's out for delivery. And then spookily, 14 seconds later it updates to say:

"Authority to Leave – Your parcel has been delivered. According to your instructions a signature is not required."

I saw no-one come to my house all day. I had a look around the driveway, garden, outside the front wall etc. Can't find anything 😲

This is absolutely scandalous service. MOD: <SNIP> Please read the charter. I can only presume my parcel is lost somewhere. They simply gave up until I contacted them again and then blatantly changed the status to delivered!

I know advice on this thread is to contact the seller as they have a contract with the courier company. But in this case, the seller used a courier network in Spain called Spring GDS and so know nothing about Fastway and their incompetence / dishonesty. And in fact the lies on Fastway's tracking system have propagated right back to the Spring GDS one, so as far as they're concerned (and the seller), my delivery is complete!

So what can I do now? I have no comeback with the seller. Do I need to drive to Fastway's depot and have it out with them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Your contract is with the seller.They paid the courier in Spain to get it delivered. It hasn't happened. Tell them you will do a chargeback if they don't get it sorted out with their courier.

This 100%. It's entirely the seller's responsibility to get the item to you safely and they have failed to do this. Who did or didn't do whatever along the line is no concern of yours, it's entirely the seller's problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,130 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Does anyone have a contact number for fastway couriers?

Im in south dublin.

Their mobile website doesn’t have contact details and their is supposedly some magic contact button on the bottom right of the screen which doesn’t exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

It's on the bottom left, works for my on mobile and desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Customer care page: https://www.fastway.ie/customer-care/

Depot finder: https://www.fastway.ie/depot-finder/

---------------------------------------------

Fastway Greenogue (near Rathcoole)

Fastway Dublin - Greenogue

1B, Greenogue Logistics Park, Rathcoole,

Dublin, D24 DH9Y

11:00 AM - 07:00 PM

Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri

Our new facility in Greenogue boasts Leed Silver green building accreditation, reflecting our commitment to sustainability, which will pave the way for current and future facilities. With a floor area of over 90,000 sq. ft. and using the latest state-of-the-art technology, provides greater efficiency and more operational capacity, to meet ever-increasing operational demands while enhancing the levels of service provided to our clients, and parcel receivers alike.

---------------------------------------------

Fastway Dublin - Swords (between airport and Finglas)

Unit D5, Horizon Logistics Park, Harristown, Swords,

Dublin, K67 K5T8

11:00 AM - 07:00 PM

Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri

Our local service area includes the greater Dublin region, including (but not limited to) Finglas, Dun Laoghaire, Bray, Dublin City Centre, Stillorgan, Leopardstown, Dublin Airport, Crumlin, Ballymount, and Malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭patmahe

I can't help but I've been there when looking for a lost package, eventually a neighbour came around with it, they had delivered to wrong address. I was never able to contact them. I did however complain to the company I had ordered from and told them if they continued to use fastway I'd have to reconsider shopping with them again and that I was happy to pay more for an alternative courier. They told me they would talk to their fastway rep and all of a sudden all my parcels handled by them started to turn up. They are still unreliable (a day late here and there) but not as awful as they once were (packages being weeks later or gone to wrong address). No other courier company has ever had a problem finding my house by the way.

Contact the seller.

It's up to them to sort out the problems created by their choice of shít courier.

Given that postage costs are usually passed on to the buyer there is no excuse for this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

I tried the Dublin no, no joy, an automated message.

I have been on to the seller, who inform of a refund when FastWay return the item . I am beginning to think FastWay don't deliver, say they called- no body home, the aim being that you should collect the item yourself from their local depot

Still haven't received delivery. Are sellers obliged to refund my payment if Fastway don't ever deliver. How many days should I wait, from purchase price & delivery charge being debited, before I look for a refund.

The product wasn't delivered, tracking says its been returned to sender over 2 weeks ago. Sender says it hasn't been received yet, so can't refund. What can I do now?, what if it's never returned ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

The seller has to refund you. It's their problem. Request a chargeback with your bank if they still refuse. If you paid with PayPal file a claim with them. I always pay with PayPal where possible as it's much easier and quicker than a chargeback.

Thanks for the reply. One thing I did learn fastway have a non existent customer service, same automatic reply every time, even when complaintants write bad reviews on trustpilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

I wouldn't ever suggest contacting the courier yourself. That's the seller's responsibility. Maybe if it's something irreplaceable it might be worth trying, but otherwise it's not a good idea.

Thanks. This is the first time I've had this type of experience with a courier in over 20 years of buying online. I've never had a reason to fault the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I'm working on a crowd sourced Google sheet that will list out the retailer's that use Fastway.

I have 3 columns so far the Retailer/website name, fastway only or fastway with others.

Anything else people might want to include?

I had have to be careful we are not getting into legal trouble so it's going to pretty tight rein on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭manna452121

Anything from China with Yun Express change to Fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Is the seller Trade-inn ?

This is the same line that I was given.

What will happen is that your product will end up in some loot crate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gavanb

Does anyone know what's the story with Fastway tracking? Does it ever work? I regularly buy records on Discogs, where sellers have always been trustworthy and reliable. Unfortunately a seller there who I bought from before, who used a perfectly good service (PostNL) last time sent my most recent purchase by SPRING GDS with Fastway their ' deliver partner' in Ireland. So far, not a massive delay but longer than usual for a delivery from Germany. The thing that is slightly worrying to me is that the SPRING tracking last updated on 18th August saying: "INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORTDEPARTURE SOUTHALL, MIDDLESEX". Naturally I expected the next thing to be "arrived in destination country" or something, followed by item's appearance on Fastway tracking site, but five days later, still nothing on Fastway tracking, and their 'help' button says it's not on their system yet. Most likely it just hasn't been scanned yet, but I'm interested to know has anyone else had similar issues? Thnx

• Advertisement

Fastway's tracking usually only updates when it arrives in Ireland. They don't seem to have access to originating couriers.

Advertisement