Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDg0m2Q3H8c

MH370: The Plane That Disappeared Official Trailer 

March 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭bullpost

Watched Competencia oficial . Enoyable enough - good performances from Penelope and Antonio. Bit of an offbeat story but all the better for it,

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

I heard it's much grittier than the first one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Got a few episodes into Unsolved - biggie smalls.. I think I could like it if the camera stopped waving about like a stick in a stream

Making All Quiet on the Western Front (2022) (German) Go behind the scenes of Edward Berger's WWI epic and see how the cast and crew crafted its amazing authenticity -- from the sets to the SFX prosthetics.

Hangman (2017) ] A homicide detective, a criminal profiler and a journalist team up to nab a serial killer whose murders are inspired by the classic game of Hangman..

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,323 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Watched The Pale Blue Eye Last Night.

Beautifully shot and all around strong performances. Loved the atmosphere throughout. Thoroughly enjoyable if not earth shattering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Found a great action/thriller tonight - Lou. I won’t tell you what it’s about because you will probably laugh but it’s really good.

Sommore: Queen Chandelier (2023) This Queen of Comedy shines as she takes the stage to sound off on her suspicion of free stuff, social media prayer requests, fake lashes and ugly shoes...

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,319 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i wouldn't have thought it was that expensive to make.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,043 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That's a shame though it had been so long I assumed Fincher, being the man he seems to be, had long moved onto newer projects.

There was a lot of period detail, and IIRC, lots of CGI to help airbrush out the modernity from the various location shoots. Plus, Netflix IMO don't have a good reputation for showing resstraint when it comes to spending money.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

balls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭jj880

Fack sake really liked Mindhunter. Wouldn't mind if there wasn't fortunes wasted on prince ginger tits and his missus, the obamas, red notice, nike workouts (1. Youtube full of free workouts 2. Dont know about everyone else but I dont load up netflix looking for a workout 😂)

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood (1996)

Now theres a blast from the past. Must get a rewatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If Netflix don't think it's worthwhile to make another series of Mindhunter, then it really begs the question of why do I still have Netflix?

Surely a little bit of quality to go along with all that quantity would go a long way?

The Strays (2023) Nathaniel Martello-White makes his directorial debut with this psychological thriller, which follows an upper-middle-class woman’s perfectly crafted life as it begins to unravel following the arrival of two shadowy figures in her town. Starring Ashley Madekwe, Justin Salinger, Caroline Martin and Michael Warburton.

Murdaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal (2023) Limited Series Shocking tragedies shatter a tight-knit South Carolina community and expose the horrifying secrets of its most powerful family..

Triptych season 1 (2022) (Spanish) After learning she was separated at birth from her two identical sisters, Rebecca embarks on a perilous journey to uncover the truth about her origins.

Nocebo (2022) A London fashion designer with a mysterious illness is helped by a Filipino caregiver's traditional healing methods, revealing a horrifying truth..

Rise of the Footsoldier 3: The Pat Tate Story (2017) In this prequel, small-time criminal Pat Tate climbs the ranks of the Essex criminal underworld and makes dangerous enemies in the process.

Added

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Nocebo might be interesting being that it stars Eva Green and is directed by Lorcan Finnegan & written by Garret Shanley (the director and writer of Vivarium). Reviews seem to say it's interesting but uneven.

Outer Banks Season 3 (2023) Created by Josh Pate, Jonas Pate, and Shannon Burke, the series follows a group of teenagers, known as the “Pogues,” who live in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The series has received praise for its captivating storyline, character development, and beautiful portrayal of the Outer Banks.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Submarine / treasure hunt thriller. Great production quality and performances from Jude Law in particular. Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I did, the dubbing from there always annoys me but the story was good imo, watched it at 1.25 speed because it moved too slow for me but again I'd rate it for an above average watch.

Netflix cuts subscription prices in multiple countries following new password sharing rules

Netflix has announced that it’s reducing subscription prices in more than 30 countries. This includes Yemen, Jordan, Libya, Iran, Kenya, Croatia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Nicaragua, Ecuador, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and the Philippines.

In some countries, Netflix subscriptions are now 50% cheaper. A company spokesperson confirmed that Netflix is “updating” the prices of its plans in some regions but didn’t specify exactly where. However, prices will remain the same in key Netflix markets such as the US, UK, Canada, France, Spain, Germany, Mexico, and Brazil.

https://9to5mac.com/2023/02/23/netflix-cuts-prices-in-multiple-countries/

Formula 1: Drive to Survive season 5 (2023) Drivers, managers and team owners live life in the fast lane -- both on and off the track -- during each cutthroat season of Formula 1 racing..

We Have a Ghost (2023) After finding a ghost with a murky past haunting their new house, a family becomes internet sensations -- and the targets of a shadowy government agency...

Oddballs season 2 (2022) 2 Seasons Bubble-shaped boy James questions anything and everything that annoys him. The result? An awesome life of odd adventure with his two best friends

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭jj880

Now it seems that Netflix is finally willing to make its service more competitive when it comes to pricing, at least in markets where the company seems to be having the most trouble.

Sounds like Netflix will keep hiking prices wherever mugs are willing to keep paying. A fair price related to content doesnt come into it. The latest round of this being their password sharing ban.

Three Day Millionaire (2022) To save their beloved fishing town from becoming a cookie-cutter corporate enclave, a ragtag group of friends plan a daring heist..

and mulitple romanian releases

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

The Murdaugh family documentary is fantastic. I was aware of the case (or cases, as it were) but it's still extremely engrossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭appledrop

Just watched 'All Quiet on Western Front' heartbreaking especially when you think of war going on at the moment in Ukraine😪.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

• Advertisement

Netflix Re-Ups Overall Deal With ‘Dark’ Creators, Duo Board James Tynion Comic Series ‘Something Is Killing The Children’ With Boom! Studios

Five years after Netflix inked their first ever European overall series deal with Dark creators Baran bo Odar and Jantje Friese, the studio has re-upped with the duo in a splashy, eight-figure pact, we can reveal.

The German writer-creators, who most recently made big-budget mystery drama 1899 for the streamer, are now turning their attention to comic book adaptation Something Is Killing The Children, on which they join Boom! Studios! which also has a deal with Netflix.

With echoes of DarkSomething Is Killing The Children is ripe material for Friese and partner Bo Odar. The series alights on a small town plagued by monsters that eat children and reveals a mysterious young woman who has the special powers to combat the creatures.

https://deadline.com/2023/02/netflix-dark-1899-creators-new-deal-james-tynion-comic-series-something-killing-children-boom-studios-1235268566/

Advertisement