Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your art/craftwork - show it here!

Options
1474849505153»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

@kadman , absolutely stunning. The craftsmanship in creating that is amazing. Beautiful.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Thankyou.

It is a nice feature that i put a lot of emphasis on to match the flowing lines of the piece itself.

Its part of the piece that she likes herself😀

When you use choose yew for a project, you are 3/4 way to a nice piece.

Thankyou.

For me its a lot easier because I love working with wood, especially yew. And because of that, its not a work project, its an enjoyable experience in revealing the beauty of the medium. I think an ordinary yew log has a beauty all of its own.😀

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

For anyone who's not familiar with Kadman's skills, take a look at this thread (among others). The man is a genius. The original thread about that car is a treat, too.

@kadman, please don't get a big head, now.

😄😄 Ha Ha. I think genius is well stretching it.

I like a challenge, and i like to test myself to get a good result. Thats it. I take my time, and dont get too stressed when it does not go to plan.

Luckily things went well on the sculpture, and going well on the car, what can i say, lady luck is with me at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No, I think genius is the right word... after all, they do say that it takes one to know one.... right? 🤪😉

Well far be it from me to start a fight....maybe you could be right😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EdithRosinska

MOD: No advertising allowed. Please contact hello@boards.ie for advertising rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

Howth Head Acrylic on board

• Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

@Wolff ^ That is breathtaking. Gorgeous use of light, looks so natural!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

@Wolff That is exceptional!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Dslatt

@Wolff your work is fabulous.

Some recent paintings of mine

Love these !

A rework - Cathedral Rocks - on the back of a kitchen press I think it is - lovely smooth surface anyway !

Coastal Rocks and the Blue Sky - Acrylic on raised canvas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

today's piece...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't know about other folk's experiences, but following the loss of my father in 2021 I have found it incredibly hard to get back to painting regularly.

These two are really the most recent things, and they date from August last year, a couple of views of Portrane/Donabate

My own father died in 2021 as well Ciderman,the 1st christmas after he passed I came up with the idea of putting a calendar together with paintings from that year - he had a thing for calendars - he would have loved it

It was hard to get motivated again but I found painting a great way to deal with the grief - the old man was my biggest fan - I can't let him down now can I !

Squall - Acrylic on Canvas Board

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gdessaykla

Mod: Don't post on this forum again.

Post edited by New Home on

• Advertisement

Dawn - West of Ireland Coastal Scene

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hi,

I'm only after reading this, and thank you very much for those words.

I am still finding it incredibly hard to put brush to canvas, but I hope to get there in the coming months.

And, as you say, you did something he was proud of and loved, the nicest way to pay tribute to that is to paint, and your work is spectacular

Haven't painted a boat in ages - So I give you a boat ! - acrylic on raised canvas

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EdithRosinska

MOD: No advertising allowed - please contact hello@boards.ie or @Boards.ie: Mike to discuss.

These Chimneys are great to paint - Happy November !

New Year and new style - hope you like it - the boats the same !

New one from me this Spring

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OneGaelic

Mod: Hi @onegaelic, please contact Boards' offices to discuss advertising. Thanks.

Advertisement