Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your art/craftwork - show it here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

I haven't changed tack at all really some paintings are free of the outlining and some are very light - I do like doing though as its a two step process - in that I paint the picture then come back to outline it - its very enjoyable watching the picture transform - gives me a kick ! - except when it turns out crap out of course 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LaraDo

Rings!

Kynance Cove - Cornwall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Looks good. A more abstract and dramatic feel compared to previous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Lovely work Wolf, your techniques are very distinctive. What brush do you use for outlining . . a rigger?

Thanks for that - glad you like them - I use an acrylic pen for the outlining - much easier to use than a brush

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Skerries-Rock-Art

My cast Green Lady. I make in concrete and Herculite

Medusa Head statue

Cast in concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Skerries, they are fantastic!! What did you paint them with?

• Advertisement

I start with exterior masonry paint,then i add the colour using acrylic and finally coat everything in exterior yacht varnish..its a fair bit of work but gives long-lating results.

One for the Dubs - Ferry View of Dublin - Acrylic on Board

Fantastic, Wolff!! Probably my favourite view of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 josephmcfarland878

I love doing stuff like this! In general, my hobby is home decor and I love to do it all from improvised means. Like this for example. Of course, I do not always have the strength and ideas for all this, but I look at the ideas on the site . Might be useful for someone

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Still always knitting..

I was given a shop full of yarn a few years ago.. this is a blanket worked with luxurious vintage mohair...

Soft and thick...

and smaller items..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

The last full pair I finished, in truth I only love to knit socks, no idea why. Can’t bring myself to do a blanket or finish the pullovers I’ve languishing beside the sofa!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

GORGEOUS!!

Ah lovely..The one thing I do not knit is socks so we make a good team!!! Most of my work is for sale now,,to feed and clothe the needy, and getting limited as my hands are old and worn...The blanket is the exception as I use it abed with me and needed it and the yarn was not needed elsewhere and yes I would sell it. All the other itmes are long gone.

Blessed I am to be able still to work at what I love in my old age and t o give of my skills and so ENJOY it,

Post edited by Graces7 on

I grew up knitting my ballet shorts, leg warmers, shrugs and little socks like the yoga ones these days so I am kind of surprised that I still love to knit socks so much that I always have some to work on with me. I only knit for myself and family, I’m not as fast as I once was so now it’s more for pleasure. I often get asked if I sell them but as you know the value wouldn’t be appreciated. Both my husband and I pretty much only wear hand knitted socks, I do also make them in DK weight for boot socks and sometimes I make the felted ones for house socks and slippers.

I do knit up little leg warmers & tiny socks for dogs & cats to go over bandages for one of the Vets. They love them & the clients love them too.

Your lucky that you can knit with mohair, I can’t as it drives my allergies mental so I’m always looking for nice lace weight alpaca that can be difficult to find.

I knit whatever yarn is given... Springwools have been kindness personfied for 20 years now, as they support several charities .. There is no way I could buy yarn

Every now and then I find the postman has dropped a parcel over the gate... Or even a huge box.. Treasure trove,

That vintage yarn is not hairy mohair! It does not shed but is soft and luxurious. Mostly I work with good acrylic... NB I cannot wear wool at all.

There is a chapter in Anne of Green Gables where a disabled bedbound lady says she cannot fight in the war,, " But I can knit!" YAY!

Creating beauty that cheers and feeds..Even abed.

Oh I would love t work just one more full size Aran! I would not charge per hour.. a fair price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

@Mike Litoris

Can I ask you a quick question....the das clay sculptures you did, was it just normal acrylic paint and yacht varnish you used? Have they withstood the elements?

It actually has! There are some cracks and lumps gone out of it but it hasn't fell apart yet and it's been out in the elements for the last 2 years! Even the solar lights I built into it are still going. Yes, just regular old cheapy acrylics and a can of spray yacht varnish. I reckon an extra coat of that varnish when the 1st dries will give it an extra couple of years.

Brilliant thank you! I have the clay, paint and jars so going to do something with the kids during winter.... should be interesting on so many levels 😂🤣🤣

Impressionist landscapes and dogs are my favourite subjects, but also cartoons & satiric photoshop efforts & gifs

Gone sideways alas

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Those are sooooo beautiful with a handcrafted keepsake design. Lovely work.

I could never do anything like that.

Thanks, I knitted them from a pattern designer, yes sock knitters actually pay for patterns 😄, mostly so I don’t have to do the maths for multiple sizes as I will knit a pair for multiple people in my family if I really like the pattern. I get pretty bored if I’m just knitting plain round & round.

I watch youtube as I knit so no boredom! And vary the basic patterns as the mood takes me.. Lovely to work with coloured yarns in weather like today..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Recent Yew sculpture I finished for my sons wedding in 2 weeks. Better pictures to follow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Many coats of danish oil and beeswax polish later....voila.

• Advertisement

It's beautiful, I love the flow of her dress!

Advertisement