Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

15.2kWh generated today. (10.4kW system pointed south). This is great craic!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tiamat666

Went live yesterday. 4kwp pointed SW in Meath. 7.4kwh generated yesterday, 2.9kwh today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DC999

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harvindhillon

Went live on the 21st Jan with a 4.8kwh South facing and 30° roof.

21/01 - 1.5kwh

22/01 - 6.2kwh

23/01 - 2kwh

24/01 - 5.8kwh

25/01 - 4.5kwh

26/01 - 3.4kwh

27/01 - 10kwh

28/01 - 2.4kwh

29/01 - 2.7kwh

30/01 - 3.8kwh

31/01 - 7.4kwh

01/02 - 3.6kwh

Not bad for end of January. I have a tree that casts some shadows up to 11am but as the goes higher up in the sky as spring comes, it's impact isn't as bad, Summer might be good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caspero

Was this in the N/S/E/W of the country @eclipsechaser ? I only got about half of that with a similar sized and pointed system yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

5.6kwh system installed on the 18th January. Generated 68kwh by the end of the month. 1st day of February generated 2kwh

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

7.3kWh today, which was the worst day since going live last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭championc

For newbies, remember the Monthly stats thread - good even to confirm that your output is what it should be

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058050685/solar-pv-performance-thread-post-your-monthly-output#latest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Batteries charged to 95% last night, thanks for nothing met.ie/forecast.solar

At least I have another spare 80kwh on the driveway just dyeing of thirst 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭championc

Best thing I ever did going to 20kWh batteries. I charge to 80% each night. If the weather is fantastic, I have space for it in my batteries and if it's crap, I survive until 23:00 that night ,😎

Yup same here, and even if the 100kwh combo is full, then I dump it into heating the house with some rads.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

25.8kWh today from a 10.4kW system pointed just off South.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Super stuff, S facing without shading is just in a different league

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Yes they finally built the M50 (not the motorway 😂), 18 months later.

Not jealous in the slightest at these figures!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

4.4 KWp system and based close enough to yourself.

How much did that set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭johndoe11

It was 12,300 after grant, including 5kw battery.

4.4kw on Wednesday, 8.9kw yesterday. 38kw since install on Monday, very surprised how much production there is when the only real sun was yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭The devils

38 kw for Feb - included charging ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭johndoe11

No, 20kw since the beginning of Feb. Not including charging.

Well done - it's such a nice feeling 👏 😉

13.3kWh today.

That's brilliant 👏

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

3.8kWh off 6.84kW @200° yesterday, Feb has been brutal so far here.

Edit: better day today, have already equalled the first 4 days of the month with 18.9kWh in, at 15:30.

Potentially the first day of the year where production >= consumption.

Post edited by paulbok on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heres probably a stupid question.

So I use gas to heat the house which also heats the water. My Eddi also heats the water with surplus.Sometimes the eddi only kicks in for an hour max but then checks every 15 minutes for the water temperature.

So question is.

Am I better to turn the eddi off and stop it heating the water and send all my excess back to the grid and since my meter spins backwards Ill get 1 to 1 units back at 42c per unit. We dont need all the water the eddi produces (that may change in the summer when the heating is off)

Or should I just try to consume as much as possible?

Which would reduce grid consumption as much as possible?

At the minute Ive turned the eddi to stop mode and am sending 1.6kw back to the grid instead of the eddi topping up the water every 15 minutes - today is a good day for production. Meter is going backwards really fast!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

If your meter goes backwards out, you all at adon't have a smart meter, so will be on deemed export. With that you get paid on what the ESB expects from your inverter, but it doesn't matter if you export 100% of your production or 1kWh, you get paid the same. Only with a smart meter, does it record exactly what you export and pay out accordingly.

Leave the Eddi on full time to mimimise gas usage with your surplus.

When there is loads being exported daily, you should manually boost the hot water from the Eddi when needed even if production is low. You are essentially 'borrrowing ' from the grid only to return it when exporting.

When you eventually get moved onto a smart meter, you will have to decide then if exporting is worth more than using the Eddi to save gas. I thought about switching mine off last summer but as I export more than the €200 tax free limit and have to pay tax on the rest, it brings it back to being worthwhile using the Eddi. If no tax was payable then it'd be financially better to export as much as possible, but not environmentally better.

Saved around 80 litres of oil last year using the Eddi.

Post edited by paulbok on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭circadian

Well on the way to my first 10kw/h day this year. Currently at 8.5kw/h on a 5.3 kw/h south facing setup. Battery is full and eddi has the water tank to max temp. Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

8.9kwh from 3.8kw system.

Clonee, system split east and south.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Tiamat666

12.4kwh today. 4.0kwp system pointed SW in Meath.

Advertisement