Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

What did you increase it to? Am I right in saying that increasing the stat temp it allows the diverter to send more to the immersion before it cuts supply?

Dont get me wrong theres well enough water for daily use but my wife likes her long baths and there just wasnt really enough for her despite the eddi saying it was full. Think it just needs "tweaking"!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭olympicweights

16.3kWh today with a peak of 5.27kW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

5.5kwh today from 4wkp in Meath. Bring on tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,278 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Savage few days. Hot water from solar in January is a serious bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭DC999

Only live since end of summer last year. So the winter output is all new to me. In the last week, in Dublin, on the clear-ish blue sky days I’m getting a constant 1kW or more from 10-2pm. So seeing decent curves. Looks like that's about 1 hour more than mid Dec - that's a crude check of similar curves. Roughly starts 30mins earlier and ends 30 mins later.

Means the electric rads are mostly running from solar for those 4 hours which is class. We don’t have a battery. Setup: 5kWp E (50% is E) /NW (hibernating) /S (tiny) - our orientation is never gonna perform like a S setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Yeah averaging 8kwhr most days this week and battery full when the sun starts to set.. only live since November.. looking forward to see the power come march when our north west panels actually are getting some decent sun..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

What electric rads have you got? Im thinking of doing something similar with electric rads but cant seem to find decent low-ish wattage ones for use with the panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

First day over 6kWh this year today. We get a lot of shading in winter particularly up to midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭paulbok

17.5kWh today, first export - 3kWh, of the year as well.

Still trickling in, the stretch in the evenings noticable now when it's fine out.

Post edited by paulbok on

I used any (safe) electric heater with a low wattage that I had in the house as a starting point. Don’t have a battery so wanted to get best self-consumption of solar and I WFH. I’ve a few oil filled rads from before that were spares – I like them as no real fire risk. Most have 2-3 settings for wattage.

Try one rad first in a room just you use maybe, or a less used room. So for temp and to see how much juice it uses. My wife wasn’t delighted initially seeing another rad in the sitting room but is happy with the lovely temp in there now.

I personally don’t use ceramic heaters as we’ve kids in the house so they would get knocked and could be a fire hazard. Any oil filled rad will do. Check the specs as most have 2-3 settings. I’ve a small one with 400w on lowest. Another with 700w.

I’ve found an electric oil filled rad on 1kW setting will keep our 5x5 sitting room & kitchen at 20C. It can’t raise the temp to that but once the rads from the gas boiler heat the room in the morning, then the electric rad can hold it all day. But sitting room door needs to be closed. Rad is on a thermostat that controls whatever is plugged into it. So turns off once room gets to 20C and turns back on when it drops 0.3C. Rad doesn’t always need 1kW per hour. When the gas heating comes on 3 times a day (so rest of the house doesn’t get cold), the electric rad turns itself off.

It’s an old leaky house, so am trying something this year for 1st time. I’ve that rad on 24x7 in the sitting room / kitchen. 13 hours at 20C (morning to night time) and then a setup back to 17C (so some heat stays in the walls or the room gets too cold and radiates cold from the walls. It could drop a few degrees below 17C without the rad on at night). But it never runs for anything like 24hours.

I’ve an infrared heater now for the WFH office and love it (room is 4x3m size). At this temp the room needs maybe 300w+ constant while I’m working (old window and no insulation). But I’m ok in a room that is somewhat cooler. But others  would like a warmer room I expect.

Ideally put an energy monitor on the plug of the heater to test how much power they draw at the socket. Or specs should tell you.  

I added more info here a few months back. But the energy consumption will be higher now it’s a lot colder. Heating with electric rads and no gas boiler for now — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

We’re still using our gas boiler but we’ve halved our usage since last winter. The ‘core’ of the house that we use is now a perfect temp. Rest is cooler which suits us. Never used electric rads before. TBH it's more me messing about to get a comfortable temp than anything else, and we've nailed that. WFH was a nightmare before as room swung from baltic to oven X times a day when gas heating came on an off. All sorted now :)

• Advertisement

At this time of year, you've the same output as my small E\W split in a housing estate. But once the days start to stretch, your numbers will be huge compared to mine

19.6kWh today - highest I've seen since November install by around 3kWh. Peak lower than yesterday though. Looking forward to see what Spring will bring. Could do with another battery!😁

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Super result for Jan

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Gerry

7.1kwh today from 3kwp, not bad at all. peak didnt seem quite as high as yesterday either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Numbers creeping up, 20.9kWh for the day. Peak generation hitting the 5kW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Best day so far 8.1Kwh from a 2.5kwp system facing south, Galway.

Strong sun from 11.45am,was able to run oil filled rad at 800w in north facing living room until 4pm,got one wash done and got a few units into eddi as well😀

Pretty consistent every day this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

25.4kwh generated yesterday and peak generation is now starting to increase with rising sun.

Today not doing so good and only at 6kwh so far after terrible morning

those are big numbers.. what are your panels size/orientation?

• Advertisement

Wow, 25kWh is highest I’ve ever produced in a day since went live in Aug last year - 5kWp E/W split. That was the blue-sky days in Aug. And you’re getting that in Jan!

Are you using electric heating in the gaff at the moment? You could run rads direct from solar with that much output and barely need to touch the battery. I know you’ve a large DIY battery and you get one of the higher FIT rates I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

7kwp south/south west on a 6kw sofar ep hybrid

2.9kwp on a 2.5kw goodwe standard inverter.

Have pellet stove and insert turf burning stove for heating at the minute that tends to be running most days so use that for heating, self consume as much as possible and export any spare excess. But at fit rate of 25c don't mind exporting as means have built up good credit balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sligopaul

12.8kwh yesterday and 18kwh today here in NW not bad for Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

8.78kw produced since team finished install at 10:50am from a 7.4kw facing 3 directions.

The S one was boosting 1.8kwh while the others were still frozen.

I've 16 460w panels oriented 5S, 8W, 3E.

Some shading on some of them, need to start chopping trees tomorrow 😅🙈

Noticed I'm importing from grid when eddi uses 3kw so lowered the amps to 5 and now using 1.1kw along with house load I shouldn't import as much. Has to do with maximum inverter output which is 3kw I believe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

16 460w panels into a 3kW inverter? I don’t think so, I’d say you’ve a 6kW inverter

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

Thank you.

I've 2 inverters 3kw each. One hybrid 2 string and another one 2 string.

Only the hybrid one gets watts from battery.

Made a solid 1.55kw today, is this normal for a cloudy Meath day? 7.4kw system

Much duller day today.. heading for maybe 1.6kwh after averaging 8 every other day this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

might squeeze 2kWh today, no break in cloud all day.

Advertisement