Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Anyone play Rad? I picked it up for cheap on the PS Store, having seen a decent review 12 or 18 months ago. Looking for a bit of a filler; not really feeling Horizon FW at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 33,278 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think that's part of the point. He's unassuming. He's not a meaty powerhouse like Kratos or Thor. He's a gentleman scholar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

When I was playing it I recognised him as the guy eaten by the T-Rex's in Jurassic Park

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭polysteamtoken

Going old school with 40 winks from original psx. The games a bit like mario 64 just not as good but good enough 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have Outriders downloaded and ready to go, having played the demo ages back. Trying to convince myself to finish Hogwarts Legacy first though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I was playing Fallout 76 lately as it was free on Plus and I think I'm going to quit playing it. I didn't get through the main story missions but I'm finding it extremely frustrating and boring. The missions are terrible, force you to craft items and fix things, problem with that is you never have the items that you need to do this. I need adhesive to craft anything and there's no adhesive and going off looking for it is a chore and boring. You can farm adhesive but you need to build a camp and I apparently can't build a camp either because I don't have what's necessary. I found adhesive, got killed and it disappeared out of my inventory last night so that's gone. I couldn't save the game also because it's online and there's no way of saving. Anyway yep Fallout 76 is bloody terrible and not worth playing even for free. That's my verdict on it. I'm going to delete it. Frustrating, annoying piece of trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I played it a bit since it was included in Plus. It's not as good as other Fallout games but I was enjoying it. I played a little Coop with my brother which was fun. I was up to level 22 I think before I stopped playing.

I refer to it as Fallout 4.5. Same engine with a mediocre story, map is big with variety. I built a camp and expanded it, upgraded some weapons, a little bit of grinding.

I put more time into it than I thought I was going to. 3 out of 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart.

Liking it so far. Only played the remake of the first one last year and haven't played the others.

Did encounter a bug that stopped me progressing

In the level where have to get the archive for the blueprints. Seems an enemy got stuck somewhere that I couldn't see. And since had to kill all to progress, this wasn't good

Happened again after reloading checkpoint so had to quit and load from a previous save file. Which led me to discover something I think I've only seen on PC games and that is they keep multiple autosaves and not just the most recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭brady12

Don't sleep on Tchia . Great game . 2nd half game isn't as strong as first half game . First half feels very different and original where as last half feels small bit run of the mill. Just finished it there .

I'm waiting for them to patch it to 60fps, but I'm also not too pushed on it. Haven't gone back to it in a few days but I don't have a need to. Just don't think it's for me tbh.

Started Outriders. I had a save from when there was a demo, maybe? Not sure, but started again anyway as I remembered nothing. Not far into it. Seems run of the mill looter shooter so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭brady12

Think I played about 16 hours into it on Game Pass on release and got too difficult on my own and gave up . I quiet liked it .

I'm not liking that you can't pause. While it claims to be single player, it's not really. But I'll stick with it for another while. I've no shame about dropping difficulty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Niska

Sweet, will go back and see if the loop improves. Hoping it does, it's quirky but most likely just not my type of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭TinCanMan

Metro 2033 Redux - a moody, atmospheric first person shooter set in the post apocalyptic metro tunnels of Moscow. Really enjoying it so far.

Twice in an hour Outriders kicked me mid solo game because it lost connection. I'm out. Uninstalled. Have Forbidden West installed instead, will see if I can get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭Damien360

I tried forbidden west and enjoyed it until I had to level up enough by doing side missions. I generally play most games sticking to the main storyline but there is a limit to progress in this game if you don’t do side missions so I gave up.

currently playing fifa 23 career mode and ultimate team squad battle mode, madden 23 ultimate team mode, and Battlefield 2042 breakthrough mode. EA making a fortune off me !

My problem is I seem to be unable to just do the story. I have a bit of ocd about clearing maps. And I'm still very early in this, the map is flucking huge and the thoughts of all the things yet to uncover... Sackboy is free soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

After about 116 hours, I'm finally finished Horizon: Forbidden West. Not sure whether to start something new or wait for Burning Shores.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Finally went back to TLOU2 after putting it down just after the first hour or so on PS4.

Jumping between it and Returnal. Returnal for me is probably the best PS5 exclusive by a long shot.

• Advertisement

I've just started playing Far Cry 6. I'm not sure it's grabbing me in the way that 4 and 5, especially 5 did. It's very early days, so we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭KH25

Just finished the main story of Nioh and now need to wrap up the last few side missions. Tempted to pick up the DLC, has anyone played it?

Also been playing the Artful Escape for a break. Nice low stress game and I love the art style.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Just started Burning Shores and played an hour or two. Enjoying it so far but it's quite a learning curve to re-learn all the controls and what all the different weapons in your inventory do when it just throws you back in after a year away.

Got the FF6 pixel remaster on the go too for when I want something a bit less intense.

Yeah a lot of the arrow types in Horizon, I'd completely forgotten what the symbols of them meant or when to use that ammo. I'd started to ease myself back into Horizon for about a week before the DLC, but still tough to get back into the swing of things fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I was really disappointed with burning shores as a dlc when compared to Frozen wilds. The latter gave me a good 30 or so hours extra with loads of new creatures and variants, and quests. Even the biome was unique

I think I finished burning shores in a third of that and there's only one extra creature and pretty much the same biome as the quen in the original game

Yeah that's pretty fair. To be honest my main memory of Frozen Wilds was those spires they had to introduce to disable the shieldweaver armour because it was too powerful. But Burning Shores definitely doesn't really introduce anything substantially new. There is a new weapon which is good but doesn't really change much considering the other new weapons already introduced in the main game.

I enjoyed the story and particularly the final boss battle, but the location of the DLC is underutilised and bland; just a bunch of small islands with little on them. Maybe they would have been better saving the Las Vegas area to be the DLC.

I finished Burning Shores before starting into FC6 and have to agree with you Penn. It's much the same as Frozen Wilds with nothing substantially new or all that interesting. While I enjoyed it, I found it a little underwhelming. I also thought it was really rather short. I'd agree that the islands were a little bland. They were much the same with no variation and while I explored every inch of the main game, I found it difficult to muster the enthusiasm to go explore every island.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jobrien874ie

Playing Far Cry 5 again after the anniversary update over at my channel and its great fun :) - yeah 6 really hasn't sat well with me, tried it a few times but never keeps me playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pri2O3tmay8&t=33s&ab_channel=Joshimite

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Switching between Tomb Raider definitive and Tetris Effect Connected. Tomb Raider is brilliant so Im taking my time and just exploring everything. TEC I can only play in 30 minute spells as the visuals are fit inducing on many of the levels. The way the music integrates with everything is astonishing but jesus my eyeballs are fried after a few levels. Both are on + for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,158 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Red matter 2 on psvr2, my god

Advertisement