Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladder and Larson traps

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cadpat_cowboy

Mech1 wrote: »
    All starlings released obviously!!!

Was having the same issue my self man catching starlings and jackdaw but no pies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

Apparently Magpie in trap now, as long as he doesnt escape by 5pm when i get home hes yours.

OK Magpie secure. Fed and watered, pm me a contact number and I'll give you a call re collection.

Good luck with it!!!
    Report back here how you get on.
    And thanks for the other things!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cadpat_cowboy

Mech1 wrote: »
    Good luck with it!!!
    Report back here how you get on.
    And thanks for the other things!

Two pies already the down emptied it and move it on to the next bit if land keep the rotation going.

• Advertisement

Keep your call bird sheltered, well fed and watered. He is young and from a different area, so don't swap him out until you have to.

And give me a shout when you need another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Ladder traps for grey crows during the breeding season do they catch grey crows?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JP22

Do they work during the grey crows breeding season though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1

They work all year round if you look after your call birds but personally I've more success with round Larsen cage as I think birds feel more comfortable walking into compartments.Much more work though as you need to visit it every day and moving it once a week seems to increase catches,even just 10 yards.

Ladder trap can catch buzzards and other non designated birds as well so it's important to visit every day as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JP22

Note.

Don't forget you can alter the spacing’s on a ladder trap depending on vermin species your trying to control.

Google is your friend here, lots of info available on UK sites re same.

Can Grey Crows be caught during the breeding season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Yes, but i think larsens are a better job during the breeding season and nesting season. Their territorial instincts get reiled up during this time, and they gwt caught easier. Diwn side, us that you need to move the trap around every few days.

Advertisement