Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

3.22 Lingfield

a 5f Class3 sprint

anything can happen in race like this

two each way picks here:

POP DANCER 14/1 EW , LA ROCA DEL FUEGO 14/1 EW

gluck

Madame Marmalade a nr now. leaves one less horse in race for to finish in front of me 4-place lays on market top two 😆 😴 went win on Golden Prosperity around 7s

no joy with Golden Prosperity, comes 3rd

Ustath wins 13/8 & Paddy K 2nd - place-lays also no good 😢

have enough of this losin' lark 🙂

last one today

6.30 Wolves

will take the well berthed CD winning SARAH'S VERSE 22/1 to go and win here, and give the very good apprentice jockey Laura Pearson a welcome winner on her second spin since returning from a long injury layoff

gluck me and Laura :)

• Advertisement

no cigar - 3rd

out almost at the very back early; too far back to be in any real contention as regards winning. wouldn't have beat the winner anyway, as Alafdhal, the 7/2 2nd fav was just WaAY 2good for the rest of them

a blot on the handicap perhaps, the 5yo and imroving Alafdhal ? likely hose up wherever he runs next ! Alafdhal holds an entry, currently, for the Southwell 3.20 on Thursday upcoming. a 6 furlong Class 5 - should be no bother, as if horse can win at Wolves & Chelmsford, then he'll surely act on the Tapeta at Southwell

trainer Phil McEntee certainly seems to think Alafdhal is going to take his chance 🤗

looking furtherer afield ! 😊

Tuesday, 24th January

Southwell - ye Going is 'Standarde'

6.o'c a Micky Mouse "Classified Stakes" race to whet ye appetite 😂

enough pace on here; field is replete with crap, and there be a few that #"come placed in similar rubbish affairs" , but , for the most part, i is ignoring them.

#early fav Atrafan ~3/1 Last year's winner from the same box draw (10) , but that run was on the Standard to Slow Going. won a similar rubbish contest (in a good time too, tbf) lto - when racing prominent over course and distance. Andi Brown's 9yo wasn't inconvenienced when being drawn widest of all then, when drawn in box 12 (a few nr's) in a 10-horse race. not a bad price, and maybe a win only bet on him, but i feel it'll be hard to adopt similar tactics on Tuesday, as looks a lot of pacey ones here. back for a win and lay for place, perhaps?

on plus side for favourite backers, his trainer A Brown has had a few winners recently - not bad for a chap what's probably operating at "Division 3 level". most of Atrafan's wins have come on the Tapeta surface, over mainly six and a couple at 7furlongs. his lto win was the only one what came on a Standard Tapeta surface. Am thinking that he just possibly won't be able to manage to get a decent possy early doors, on account of the likely faster earlier pace from a few of those on his inside

two each way picks for this:

FORBEARING 14/1 EW a course/distance 5th (three runs back) in a 'normal' Class6 is what I'm banking on this 5yo to replicate. he's won twice in the past over the trip - one coming at Wolves and t'other at Southwell, when making all/most. that recent CD run saw him spring from the twelve box [in a 14 runner affair] and, being drawn lower in six box on the Tuesday might see Clifford Lee do his best to get the Tony Carroll inmate to the fore. possibly a win or come nowhere pick, but i'll go each way at the likely odds

FURNITURE FACTORS 25/1 EW ran a good race over CD lto when finishing fourth off a hold-up ride. is drawn in eleven box, so that should see Duggie towards the back early doors and hopefully come with ye wette saile

Written Broadcast ~7/2 and Hachert ~9/2 have obvious claims based on a lot of their recent form figures. tough to make a solid case for either as far as winning goes (Written Broadcast can go very close if following up on his recent CD Classified Stakes 2nd placing, but looks to have a bad case of seconditis) . think one of them will finish in first four, but that about it

Chagall is paper 4th fav @ ~5/1, and has four wins to his name, but 'meh' is a good description of his recent form. ran a couple of decent races in last cupla months, but both were at Chelmsford over a mile = not for me

think i'll consider laying Hachert for three/four places as well here, as he didn't break on terms lto at Wolves when sent off a well supported 15/8 fav. that was on the back of a very good CD second, but he's usually an awkward enough conveyance what needs things to go his own way, and the [possible] early doors' jostling, as well as his keen-going tendency may see him fall short to the dismay of anyone dumb enough to back him 😁 i'll feel like a bigger idiot than normal if he wins!

as you were 😊

🙂🙄🤗

horses' prices are a deal shorter than I hoped. ~ (Krystal Maze 7/1 , Captain St Lucifer 9/1 & Connie R a mere 6 to 1)

the Mark Loughnane jolly Well Prepared 5/2 has some form at the course over the extended mile, when finishing close (w/o winning) on a few occasions. he came a respectable 5th lto over 10fs at Lingfield, in a race which saw young Billy took the ride for the first time. looks way too short to me tho, as horse aint got no course and distance form. am thinking he'll be vulnerable over ~9.5fs here. looks like a 3/4 place-lay job to me - if operating around the 5/2 mark come Opening Show. thinking offering no more'n 8/11-4/5 (or shorter) for 3 places, and ~1/2 for ye four plcs

hopefully he'll be doing no more than staying on late into 'outside' ye payinge placesse 😃

gl

I'll go with Leonna Mayor's 2 picks at Southwell. Seem to have good enough chances for her to give em nap & ye nexte beste tags 😃

3.40 TOTHENINES 10/1 NB been staying on over 7furlongs recently; hopefully get ye mile

5.10 BLAZING HOT 9/2 NAP lto CD winner

win singls + ew dble

no good Tothenines; was a bit too far back, but made up a bit of ground late on and finished 'bout 6th

mebbe a chance in a small field or summat like that. just noticed i don't think i've ever heard of his jock Richard Oliver, neither

not one to give up on, Tothenines

• Advertisement

just the one place there - Captain St Lucifer 2nd :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I'm on Berwick Law in the 6pm. I can't remember my reasoning behind as I placed that bet last night...

FORBEARING 25s looks a very good price early doors

FURNITURE FACTORS 12s looks mediocre price this

ATRAFAN ~13/8 bit skimpy this one -

good! 😆 me likee for 3/4 placee layee if similar price 2moro ; poor draw could be his undoing methink

7.00 Wolves HARBOUR VISION 9/1 EW

Jenson Benson 2/1 - 3-place lay @ ~ 3/5, enough horses here capable of finishing in front of jolly, imo

no good Harbour Vision - jockey fecked up trying to get to front, but was unable, and ended up cutting her own throat trying to lie up with eventual winner on inside. she was talking [or looking, at least] to jockey Mullen on her inner, as if he had some sort of ruddy obligation to 'let her in' = Elisha Whittington = no Billy Loughnane 😴

jolly Jenson Benson finishes out the places in sixth

Unpl. Filly ran flat should say in race comments, comparing to her last couple of starts where she was keen and interested... Stays in the notebook.

Wednesday 25th January 2023

Kempton

DESERT COP 20/1 EW

hopeful pick only this, the Balding 2nd string. beat less than 6lgths on his fto start over the same trip at Southwell; maybe his keen-goingness cost him that day moreso than any lack of staying, and he is indeed perhaps capable of getting 7fs, and should be more streetwise this time also. looks as tho this one has potential to go off at a single-figure price anyhow, so dere's dat 😃

the jolly Harry Magnus ~evs is a colt yet to win in four starts. will be his first time at this trip after four goes over 6fs, and staying the 7f trip be surely a concern for short odds backers

2nd fav is Balding's Garrick Street ~5/2; beat seven lengths fto over seven at Lingfield. can't be ruled out on the basis of a potential improved showing, but i'll leave him off

gl

looking forwards

Thursday 26th Jan

Southwell

1.00 CHIEF'S WILL ~6/1 EW

has good draw in box two. Sniper takes over from Midge, and it will be Luke's first time atop Archie's 4yo. Form of selection's second and and third last runs reads well here; both were in CD Class 5s. Will overlook lto CD run, as was in Class 4, and trying to make all probably wasn't best course of action

3.20 am looking at a few here. ALAFDHAL ~11/4 is on a five-timer. also considering ASTRO JAKK ~12/1 , IDOAPOLOGISE ~10/1 & CAILIN'S LAD 14/1, atm

3.50 SIX O' HEARTS ~20/1 EW

piece of form over 5fs at Wolves in November give this one a tiny squeak. just the nine runs. ran no kind of a race lto over CD, but were a massive barge-drifter that time in an App Hands & Heels H'cap. Ustath ~6/5 is standing dish at the course, and won lto at the course over 6fs. Sets the standard, but aint won over CD in over two years. chance a 3/4 place-lay perhaps, if 11/8 or shorter on day. Stroxx ~5/1 has sound claims based on his lto CD third, but is still a maiden after 34 runs. Win only on this one maybe.

• Advertisement

Thursday 26th Jan

decided on dese @Southwell

1.00 CHIEF'S WILL 11/2 EW NAP

3.20 CAILIN'S LAD 16/1 EW NB

3.50 SIX O' HEARTS 18/1 EW

gl

Newcastle

last year's winner Atrafan ~11/8 is form horse here, but could be vulnerable - for win purposes - at 6furlongs; trip seems sharp enough to me anyhow for the 9yo

second fav, the first time blinkered ~3/1 shot Golden Prosperity might have opposite problem in that 6fs might be on the stiff side for him. possible 3-place lay job this one, esp if his price doth contract

ROCKLEY POINT ~8/1 EW aint one for maximum faith, but has a decent chance if getting a lead here.

gluck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,072 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Out of curiosity, of the scores of horses you posted here in the last week how many won,were placed?

Good call on the Chief's Will there, I just didn't have time to look at any of them, neither today or yesterday, missed some good ones from my notebook too (e.g the winner of the first in Southwell, I'm so annoyed).

iggoo a goo goo goo

7.00 Newcastle

ELZAAL 7/2 WIN

NELLIE FRENCH 9/1 EW

:)

7.30 Newcastle

small win on ASADJUMEIRAH 15/2

7.45 Wolves

two from Tony Carroll stable here,,

SOMEDAYONEDAYNEVER 6/1 WIN

THREE DONS 4/1 WIN

a lot of money for Bazalgette 9/4 here; could be backing jock as much as horse imo,, think summat'll beat Mrs Barclay's 18 race maiden - perhaps two at least 😃

• Advertisement

a lot of money for Bazalgette 9/4 here; could be backing jock as much as horse imo,, think summat'll beat Mrs Barclay's 18 race maiden - perhaps two at least 😃

dere backin' Billy !! Billy's had a winner in 6.15, and now Bazalgette has 'ardened further; he's into 13/8 now for 7.45 race 😂

Advertisement