Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭NTC

Isn't it normally printed on the boarding pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alex1504

Not sure what their policy is, even when purchasing normal fares, it doesn't really mention if you can add a child on an existing booking.

As far as I know, with other airlines like Ryanair you can't add a child/infant to an existing booking, you have to make a separate booking and link them together by calling Customer Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭thebiglad

It may just be a popular time to fly back - i.e. arrive at decent hour to go straight to work etc and priced accordingly.

I have used multiple upgrades as Concierge - price in my experience is irrelevant, what it usually comes down to is how many upgrade or Avios seats have been used for that section on that flight - apply and see is the only route unfortunately. If you check Avios.com and can book a business class seat then you'll probably be ok.

My own experience with quite a few upgrade requests has always been a success but unfortunately you need to commit to the booking before you can find out. I did try calling before booking in early days but was often told they'd have to refer the request and could not tell me there and then.

As for seat, no it will not include a seat allocation but, again (and maybe this is a concierge benefit), I called back the reservations and get them to assign me one rather than wait for check in - personally I think its nuts when booking a ticket in Business that seat booking is not included (but also applies to other airlines so, not an Aer Lingus thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

BA are the worst offenders for J seat selection, they charge for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Seat allocation in business is free on EI regardless of ticket type.

Managed to get 3K and 5K on upgrades before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Booking a trip to USA for departure in June, my wife is Aer club Silver class and I’m Platinum. During the USA security pre clear, are we both business class? Or both considered economy class?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Pretty sure you need a J ticket to use that lane in the pre clearance hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Status does not get you anything in the US pre-clearnance security hall. Only a business class ticket does. But, it's literally a matter of a minute quicker (less if you happen to get a flight crew coming through at the same time). I wouldn't sweat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I have used it as Concierge but, have to agree - the longer wait is for Border Staff than security check and, with just 1 lane in the business you can get unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I had the same issue! I sat watching everyone else check in and the plane must have been half empty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

Have you had any luck with booking those flights.

Tried booking flights and told there is no slots for flights.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnnymint

Hi just a quick question, do you earn tier points if you check in online but then do not travel on the flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭VG31

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Can flights booked through the EI credit card be changed or have destinations changed?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The only time I used them, I got seats on the first flight I picked.

There are only one set of seats per flight earmarked for the card redemptions so peak holiday flights will go well in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I haven't joined them but nor do I have the money for business class or first class, most people get it paid from their jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Does Platinum give any additional baggage allowance?

I can't see it mentioned anywhere but asking just in case. On a Saver fare to Barcelona tomorrow with 1x10kg included but a little caught for space and ideally don't want to fork out €84 for a 20kg check in. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Noxegon

That might have been true once, but I suspect no longer – I don't know anyone who's allowed to travel business class for work.

It's mostly rich people and people with air miles to burn.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Ye that's true I'll fly business class one day its on my bucket list, I'm not poor but not loaded either

Go check in at the Aer Club desk say nothing, mileage may vary but officially you got to pay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FinneganE99

5K Avios bonus for an Aer Credit card signup before Feb 16th and 1K spent before May 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Browneo

hi folks couple of questions,

I am looking to book flights to St Lucia next year. Trying to do via aer lingus as I’ve platinum status and a good bit of Avios and I know aer lingus partner w BA (ldn to St Lucia), AA (Miami to St Lucia) and jet blue (jfk to St Lucia). Should aer lingus be able to book me through using their flight partners or will I have to book separate tickets? The people on the phones never seem to have a clue when I call about something.

Also wondering if there is a code share (let’s say co operated by BA, is it possible to use a comp upgrade on one of these flights?

thanks

You need a travel agent if you want to do this and it assumes the timings make connections possible, in these cases these should be ticketed by EI as it has the longest segment, so would earn tier credits on Ei operated leg and could use the comp upgrade on one of the DUB-US legs

EI- MIA - AA

EI - JFK - B6

Best option is probably to fly to LGW and onwards with BA, that would be ticketed by BA, would earn avois and could be upgraded using avios (best set up a BAEC club account first)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Didn't actually bother with the extra bag in the end, used one of those space saver luggage bags that doesn't need a hoover. Seriously handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Does anyone have a number for Avios that works?

edit: sorted with 01 562 1043

I usually try book using Avios.com as it includes a bag and better value using points vs the Aer Lingus website. But I have to phone them for a booking yet all their numbers lead to “phone number not in use”

Post edited by RunningFlyer on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

If you have fast track as part of your Aer Club status, does that allow you bring another passenger with you if they are on the same booking with Aer Lingus?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭RMDrive

I don't know if it officially allows it, but I've always done it when with someone else and never had an issue. Are you talking Dublin or everywhere? My comment is only for Dublin.

Platinum or better allows +1 on fast track

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Does anyone know how much it cost to make a name change on a return flight ?

I booked a flight I got free through the aer credit card few months back.

I've tried ringing but can't get through

Thanks a mil

Advertisement