Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,477 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Only a subset of airports use the EI systems directly - as far as I know its DUB/ORK/SNN, most but not all UK ones, AMS, YYZ, plus the US ones.

Anything else needs batch processing later.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Weirdly on a recent EI flight to Denver with a connection in Newark on UA (with an EI flight number) my Avios points on the United leg came into my account 3 days before the points for DUB-EWR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

What's the hit rate on turning up to the airport for an earlier flight and being accomodated at smaller airports?

I've done it a few times at Heathrow where there's a reasonable Aer Lingus presence but have a flight from Manchester on Friday that, it it lines up, I'd like to travel on the earlier one. Platinum status if it makes any difference. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

I've had no problems getting an earlier flight from Manchester numerous times with platinum. Go to the check-in desk and I'm sure they'll look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭VG31

I did that from Gatwick in 2019 with no issues. Basic fare, no status.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

I have just did the same at Heathrow, silver status. No fuss at all.

I assume that if there is a seat available they put you on in the hope they can sell your seat on the later flight at a walk up fair. Wild guess but no risk to the airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tea2

I’ve been refused at Bristol multiple times. The Swissport people managing EI check in are apologetic every time, but explain that the access EI gives them only allows them to check people in, but not change their ticket. They have access to add someone to the standby list but the rules only allow them to add Aer Lingus employees showing a badge

I’ve a query in with EI for over two months seeking clarification, without any response. Very frustrating.

have done it many times Heathrow, Gatwick, Dublin. Always dead simple 2 minute job. Would be a little wary of counting on it at a desk not staffed by Aer Lingus based on the Bristol experience.

Post edited by Tea2 on

Cheers all and yeah I wouldn't have any real worries rocking up to a main hub and asking for a switch but could very well encounter "computer says no" at smaller places.

Ended up just switching the flight and paying the difference, I've absolutely no interest hanging around in Manchester airport on a Friday afternoon!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Its sold as a feature of the ticket type if you have same day earlier flight wait list.

If it sold as such it should be possible, if the there are no seats thats fine, but if its the computer can't then it's a competence to provide the service as advertised issue.

There is no issue with this at an Astral outstation (All IE, MAN/LHR/LGW, AMS, all US, all CA). UK airports which have mainline EI should be on Astral, other not (so BRS no, BHX, MAN are)

At remote outstations the manifest is downloaded, this is why online check in is stopped. Its all read only from that point onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

Is the offpeak upgrade on a cash ticket still 37.5k one way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Has anyone ever had any luck getting tier credits or points applied after the 3 month cutoff? My friend just realized he wasn’t logged in for any of his flights this year, including 3 transatlantic, but they were more than 3 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I honestly don't know why people still bother with AerClub. I gave up a long time ago – as almost none of my flights were credited correctly it seemed like a lot more trouble than it was worth.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

Can I get tier points where I'm the +1 on someone else's booking?

As in, partner made the booking for both of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

As long as your Aer Club number is on your passenger details and you fly on the flight you will get the tier points for your trip.

Just on this one, it's a surprise trip so I don't actually know where I'm going and don't have the booking number yet.

When I get this, if I add the trip to my library, check in with my AL profile which has the Aerclub number stored then I should be good?

(I usually wouldn't be that bothered but I'm on a bit of a march towards Concierge and the 4x business class upgrades will come in handy next year!!)

Thanks!

The flight will only show on your profile if the email address if the lead passenger matches with your Aer Club account.

You have to check in? Thats where the number goes in. If you are working towards Concierge you may have Platinum already so can guest +1 into the lounge and the staff there can do the magic on the booking for you in Dublin/LHR/JFK

The boarding card will have the ticket number and likely the booking reference so can be used later for a claim

Assuming its a revenue Aer Lingus ticket will start with 053, if it starts 125 then its likely an avios ticket and worth nothing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I was in Bristol I think, Platinum, and arrived earlier enough to get on an earlier flight, and they point blank refused to put me on the earlier flight, despite there being seats available and check in was about to close for it….. had to sit around for hours and hours for my flight!! (Edit: I see the above post’s explaining why BRS can’t do it)

Heathrow would always put you on the next flight if there are seats…. I once arrived and met a friend there out of the blue, who was booked on an even later flight than me, and as I was concierge I brought him up to the AerClub checkin with me and they put us both on the next flight to Dublin, seats 1A & 1B.

I’d say LHR would even do it for non AerClub members too if it suited them on busy days…. When they know it’ll be a busy evening, get as many out in earlier flights if the can..

LHR is a special case, they try to get AerClub members away on the next flight (even if they have interlining luggage sometimes), very welcome benefit

If there is any delay forecast its get everyone away ASAP

Nice one. Yup, Platinum at the moment and have a decent chance of hitting Concierge so every little will help. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭RunningFlyer

I've just recently become a Silver member - I know that lounge access is included for myself, but if I have a companion with me what's the best way of getting them in too? Would the desk staff ever allow a companion on Silver or if not can you purchase a lounge pass for DUB? I seem to recall pre-covid you could buy a pass but their website seems to imply only at LHR now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yes, I'm sure I've brought my OH into teh lounge with me when I was Silver..

It's all about how you present yourself.... dress well and be very friendly/smiley with the staff manning the desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭VG31

Something odd happened to me with the eStore. I bought something from Easons yesterday, not through the eStore. I had actually forgot you could collect Avios through Easons. I got an email this morning saying my Avios from Easons would be with me in 5 days. That's very strange, I'm not complaining of course but I'm wondering how I actually got the Avios? I don't even have any cards linked to my AerClub account.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Hi all, i got a question. Just made it to platinum level today. I have flight booked for Saturday. Can I apply for the free upgrade once or can i dínit for every flight? Do they only bump you once?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭RMDrive

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Yes, Boston to Shannon.

I'll keep it for another time.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68,477 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Arnott's loyalty scheme survey is very clearly fishing to see how people would like them to give Avios. I never use Kildare Village, but I do use Arnotts (hence why I got the survey) so that would be a nice addition to the earn side.

I also have a pile of points cause they were, somehow, the cheapest for a few appliances for my new kitchen!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Board Walker

You know its pain in the ass having to show the boarding pass and then having to go back into the app to get the card. IN LHR friday night being asked for my card in the priority Que.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alex1504

Hi everyone,

I received my first 2 Free fares from my Aer Credit card spend.

I already submitted a request for 2 flights for my and my wife, however we would like to travel with our 1 year old. There was no option to add an additional passenger/baby on the request.

Does anyone know what is the policy to add an infant to these 2 fares? Once the 2 fares for me and my wife are confirmed, is it possible to add & pay for additional infant fee or any other fees like bags etc?

I'd really appreciate any feedback as I was not able to find any answers online.

Many thanks in advance,

Alex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

I’d say call reservations once confirmed and they should be able to add the child.

Advertisement