Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’m not going to lie I’ve struggled this week. My last official weigh in is Nov 30th and I am hanging on for it haha

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Week 1: -4lbs

Week 2: -4lbs

Week 3: -4lbs

Week 4: -2lbs

Week 5: -3lbs

Week 6: -3lbs

Week 7: -1lb

Week 8: -2lbs

Week 9: -4lbs

27lbs down now in total.

Delighted with the result, can't say I did anything extra to earn the extra 2 lbs loss on last week, but weight loss can come in clumps. One week left to go on the challenge and then I'll have to see what I'll do on the run up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Joint biggest loss in week 9!!! Fair play.

Week 1: -4lbs

Week 2: -4lbs

Week 3: -4lbs

Week 4: -2lbs

Week 5: -3lbs

Week 6: -3lbs

Week 7: -1lb

Week 8: -2lbs

Week 9: -4lbs

Week 10: -3lbs

And there it is, my last official weigh in on my ten week program, down 30lbs in total.

Going to have a few treats tonight to celebrate and the little man's birthday is Saturday so will enjoy the celebrations in full with plenty of cake.

Going to try and stay on plan for as much as I can between now and the start of my holidays as I am 3.3lbs to the next stone bracket and would love to get there before my holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Incredibly well done.

Super achievement to lose over 2 stone in such a short space of time.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Great work @Loughc, enjoy your Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

Great work @Loughc

For some reason I weighed myself this morning, i havent been dieting and living to the fullest. I have put on just under 8lb in a month. 88kg to 91.5kg. Going to an all inclusive place for a week so thats not going to help. Then Christmas. January is going to be tough.

I vote to lock this thread till January 😁

I throw my substantial weight behind this motion.

I concur.

No one who enjoys christmas as much as those who frequent here should feel guilty over some seasonal indulgence.

See ye in January folks!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

I’m tempted to do this. I won’t be visiting this thread again until January.

Don't!!! you're our beacon, and target...

So I signed up for another one of those 10 week programs and it starts today. Dubious about starting this week as we have a hotel stay this weekend and with COVID and sickness in general hitting us in late Dec/early Jan I feel robbed of some of the Christmas season.

Anyway I'll do what I can this week and see if I can properly get into it next week. I lost 30lbs last time I weighted in yesterday and my Christmas gain was +4 lbs which isn't bad considering the last programe ended 30th Nov.

I am now 25lbs away from my final goal optimum ideal weight so this one will be much harder to achieve.

If you lost 30 lbs last time, then 25 this time should be well within your reach (unless I read the above wrong).

I think the less you have to lose the harder it is to shift it, in particular to the last 10 pounds or so. Or so I hear.

I have heard that as well however I think it's because your body adjusts to the new regime. Since you have a taken a break, your body will be 'shocked' again and should help you make the early inroads like last time.

Certainly will be in shock, did my first hour walk at lunch, thankfully the weather could not have been nicer, lovely blue skies and nice and fresh. Fab walk felt positive throughout.

However with the alarm set for 6am tomorrow I don't think the body will repsond as positively for that walk.

From experience that is definitely the case. The time I was looking to shift 4 stone the first 3 and a half I lost in less than 4 months, the last half stone took about a year more! And that last half stone was put back on in about 6 months & I've never lost it to this day. Too old now to bother, just want to stay reasonably healthy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

I'm back on the bandwagon as of Wednesday, the same programme as Loughc. I've done it twce before after my 1st pregnancy and it was amazing.. started again last year and 2 weeks in my dad died so wasn't in the head space, started again and had a health issue which stopped me in my tracks, that's all starting to get controlled so here we go again! All done to the letter so far and in a good head space! I've 45lbs to lose..

Week 0: +4lbs (Christmas Gain)

Week 1: +1.2lb

Not surprised with this result as I was completely off plan from Friday - Monday, had a weekend away and went all out, was badly needed and was booked before re-signing to this 10 week plan. Gain would have been much worse if I didn't get all my walks in and I was fully on plan last Thursday and yesterday. Bank on the horse this week, no takeaways now for the next 9 weeks. Fakeaways only form here out.

• Advertisement

Week 0: +4lbs (Christmas Gain)

Week 1: +1.2lb

Week 2: -3.5lbs

Back on it. With the food and the walks but the walks came to a grinding halt on Monday night as midwalk I felt so weak. Little did I know a stomach bug was coming.

Good man, straight back on track. Make sure not to over do it till you back to 100%.

Took last night and tonight off the walk. Think I should be ok for tomorrow night all going well.

Smashing it Lough C. I am being mistaken for a Chinese Spy Balloon so need to get back on the wagon. Im am at the 'too afraid to weigh myself' stage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Lol at Chinese Spy Balloon. 😂😂😂

I went on my first ever golf weekend away for a 40th birthday. It was worse for my body than any rugby weekend away. The volume of bad food and booze was unreal. Yesterday was massive fear and today isn't much better. That coupled with incredibly tight clothes is hopefully the catalyst for a recalibration back to old ways.

I am not a regular drinker but when I do it, like a lads weekend away, I do the dog on it. Ive never had any messing, trouble, annoyed my wife, or actually illness such as getting sick but the anxiety I have after it is too much. I think its time for a few months dry.

Went to the gym this am and did 20 mins on the bike and 10 mins rowing. Baby steps. I cant run at the moment as my knee is too sore.

The post weekend of drinking fear is all too familiar. I don’t miss the stag/lads weekends away at all.

Guess I’m just getting old.

I have dodged a stag weekend recently and have a big weekend this weekend but I am going to do it dry, I hope.

I am a stressed eater/drinerk and I am close to top level stress at the moment.

I can empathise with you Jude, when I'm stressed I tend to make poor food choices and eat at bad times too. I still havent managed to shift a single pound of the half stone I put on when away over Christmas and am struggling to motivate myself to even try.

• Advertisement

I am just trying to stop increasing at this stage, too many cals and zero running.

I can only control one thing, the cals as I can't run. But hummus chips are so nice.

Advertisement