Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭DvB

So you're still down on where you started from... not bad given the indulgences I'd say.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Cheers all, I went for a run last night at pulled up at 3.5km with a calf strain. I had my Achilles re-attached to my calf many years ago so I can't risk pushing it. Sad as I love running.

Okay, I fell of the wagon. My calf injurie means I cannot run and my in-laws are here so there is great food and merriment.

I should be, according to my tracker 87.3kg, I am as of this morning 88.9kg. However, I have no idea how I lost weight from last week. Its a blip. I don't know whether to get anal about my diet and try get on back with my tracker to catch up. Its set up for 0.8k/1.8lb a week but I am 1.6kg/3.5lb behind projection. Or just recalibrate it and do .8kg from now on.

Week 0: 90.5kg

Week 1: 89.8kg (-0.7kg) Think that about 1.5lb in old money.

Week 2: 89.6kg (-0.2kg)

Week 3: 89.8kg (+0.2kg)

Week 4: 88.9kg (- 0.9kg)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

IMO stick to the weekly plan and just add a week or two onto the target date or reduce overall target loss.

Also, don't beat yourself, as the saying goes 'If you want God to laugh at you, make a plan'!!

Week 5: 90.1kg (+0.2kg)

Have the inlaws over, booze and plenty of food.

• Advertisement

Tough circumstances (for weight loss), you just have to roll with it. Still down over all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My wife started a course with BodySlims it’s essentially a calorie counting program mixed in with a daily hour walk and psychological exercises and videos.

Naturally I’m jumping on board and going along for the journey too. It’s 10 weeks long so finished by mid-December.

I had my weigh in this morning and I am up again. No surprise, its just depressing. I need to get out of a rut and back at it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I've been in a massive rut since 2021! The bodyslims is going well, I'm taking the approach of it's only 70 days (65 left :P) so it's making it easier to think its coming to an end eventually.

I'm enjoying the 1 hour walk a day good to clear the head. The idea of it is to stay within the fat burning stage so hopefully between the calorie deficit and walk should see good results.

Best of luck with it. I can walk but don't see me having an hour to do so, I know in reality everyone probably does and I just need to make a schedule with the OH. I need to stop comfort eating when stressed.

• Advertisement

Stress eating is a bit thing for me too.

I hear you about not having a hour available but myself and the OH worked out a schedule.

My gym membership ended today, the firm are looking at corporate somewhere else so there will likely be a few weeks without the gym. I need to get the dumbbells' dusted off like the height of covid otherwise its the perfect excuse.

Hear you both on the stress eating.

When I'm feeling down at all I comfort eat, not massively but enough to set me back (its grazing rather than binging) so I really try to control it & exercise instead... so difficult through when busy to make time for yourself. I do enjoy getting out for walks with the Mrs though, my running days are done, the knee just isnt able for it anymore so walking I find does a great job of clearing the head whilst getting some fresh air.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

The walk gives me a chance to listen to a podcast and when the time comes switch on ChristmasFM more.

You've reminded me, 2 new podcasts available as of yesterday, cant wait for Christmas & Merry Britsmas, that'll be for tomorrow when I'll be WFH.

Currently in my queue to play. I have a stack load infront of them tho haha

One of the benefits of the OH and I both WFH is that we get out for a walk at lunch time at least twice a week. Great to catch up with no phones, kids, TV, work etc as well as the exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

Myself and the OH walk the dog together when we can, just to get a chance to catch up and get some steps in.

@Loughc my husband would always lose more weight than me any time I started a diet/fitness program. Drove me mad, I'd do all the hard work and he'd just copy me and poof! weight disappeared 👿

I think I'm finally in the headspace to sort myself out. Have been trying for quite a while now but always slip after a good week. This time though I really feel it, I'm not talking myself out of having a treat, I just genuinely don't want it. When my head is in the game I'm actually quite good at losing weight so here's hoping it continues. I'm down about 10lbs in my max which was some time late July I think.

Now that I'm doing it properly I might start posting here for the added motivation.

Week 6: 90.4kg (+0.3kg)

Still down over all. With everything you have going on, you shouldn't be too hard on yourself.

• Advertisement

Forgot to put this up on Wednesday so Wednesday is my new weight in day.

Week 1 went as well as it could considering I only started on Friday haha. Counted all my calories and stayed within my allowance and got my hour walk in every day.

Results;

Week 1: -4lbs

Thats an amazing loss!!

Week 6: 90.4kg (+0.3kg)

Week 7 (a day early): 89.7kg (-.7kg)

Good work @Loughc & @Jude13

Cheers, the loss is not really by any design, I put it down to be in ill. Lashing the athletic greens and berroca today

Weigh In number 2 in the books and lads I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this program. Trust me I've tried it all and keep yo-yo'ing with my weight or I give up quite quickly. I'm enjoying the idea of it's only for 10 weeks (8 left now) and the videos they do that tackle the mental side of things are excellent.

Results;

Week 1: -4lbs

Week 2: -4lbs

Beyond delighted with those two results, don't get me wrong they haven't come easy, there's been walks in the rain, the dark, the early hours but seeing the result is making it all worth it.

Amazing work. I admire your dedication. Still feeling sorry for myself and comfort eating, no real reason. Ran last night for 5km and it was very very humid so gave up pushing it. I am trying to stay as I am by running and not falling completely of the wagon.

Stick at it buddy, even doing a little bit is better than doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Segotias

I've heard of a number of people doing this and they seem to have to continously sign on and pay more. Do they provide any help after the 10 weeks is done?

You pay for a 10 week course, they run 4 x 10 week courses a year. What you decide to do after 10 weeks is up to you.

It's no different than a PT Program that lasts 10 weeks, when that was done the PT wasn't going to continue to train me for free. Nor was he going to help me or advise me after the 10 weeks.

The program is designed so after 10 weeks mentally you should be in a place to take the teachings forward yourself to sustain your own weight loss journey.

I am thinking of doing the Jan-March program myself as that's the time of year I struggle with personally. Would I do the other 2 programs after that, no I wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Segotias

Oh right, I didn't realise they did training sessions too.

I thought it was all geared toward the mental side of it and giving those kind of tools

Advertisement