Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭con747

No, you understood it ok! That is why I added a couple of units every billing cycle to keep BG happy and never answered the door to the meter reader, CCTV was helpful there. I live in a mobile blackspot and rural so I reckon that's why they haven't been out to change it yet. With the NC6 they were notified and I confirmed they received it so the longer they take the better!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭DC999

You can substitute to use more electricity. Air fryer instead of gas cooker. Some electric heating instead of gas. I don't mean use more electricity for the sake of it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It's always possible to misread your meter when submitting, happens to the best of us

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭allinthehead

😄 I know how you feel, I kept logging in a few days before I got the bill to see if it was there. 330 in credit now with another 200 credit to go on in March. Almost feels wrong when you know so many are struggling.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Got my second Energia bill. No FiT this time even though I got it on the last bill. Something is up alright with ESBn and sending FiT data to the providers.

I've got both Govt credits so far and my fixed rate (27.4/7.9) is still holding, thankfully!

Like you KCross - I got my 2nd Energia bill this morning, and also like you ... No FIT on the bill. Was expecting that there wouldn't be a FIT credit of course, but just mentioning to give more data points for people.

I'm ok with it to be fair. I view FIT as a "bonus" from my solar installation. Something I never factored in when deciding to purchase it. I'm sure they'll get it right eventually (ESB networks & Energia) and we'll get paid what we're owed. Unlike my FIT time with SSE which I've (effectively) written off. Shower of bas.... :-)

When you consider that the bill was €160 or so and that I was in credit previously and they lobbed in the €200 from the government.....yeah, reckon I won't see a bill before the summer that I actually have to fork out for. As mentioned previously makes you feel bad considering there are many out there struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Same. If I'm chatting to anyone and they mention the costs I would generally nod in agreement. I'm not unaware of them but thankfully somewhat shielded and I don't think it would be good to show off with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭DC999

I let people know that solar has helped me and tell them where they could start to look to see if solar would work for them. Or insulation, or other ways to cut the costs. Don't do in a gloating way, more to help them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

Sorry if this has been answered already but I could not find it in the last several pages.

I was with Electric Ireland EI. last year and when I queried last year, I was promised all FIT or CER payments would be made before year end.

I was trying to find out how many KWH I exported but no one could answer me in EI.

Fast forward to Jan 2023 and now I am being told they hope to have it paid before February but still cant tell me how many KWH I exported. I am not 100% sure if the smart meter is reporting the exported value back and EI cant answer that either. I am not on a smart plan

• Advertisement

AFAIK if your not on a smart plan you get deemed export based on the inverter sze.

No if you have a smart meter regardless of plan you get metered export.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

have you got the app for your inverter, the yearly export kwh will be there, give or take

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

NO I have a solis and it only tracks generation but not usage / export.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Erekon

Just to confirm that a standard Solis (i.e., non-hybrid) inverter will not report on energy consumption, only gross solar generation.

If you have a smart meter you can go to the meter and press the blue button 7 times to get the A- entry which gives you the net amount (after consumption) that you generated.

If you go to https://www.esbnetworks.ie/ you can sign up (for free) using your MPRN to get historical data on your import and export. It's not perfect, but it might work for you if you have not switched provider. You need a smart meter for this, but you don't need a smart plan and you can get this information regardless of your provider.

On a standard inverter, you won't be able to measure your true energy consumption (i.e., grid import + solar offset) in your house without adding an energy monitor like the Myenergy (e.g., diverter/eddi or hub/harvi) or the Shelly EM.

Yes I know how much I exported from the meter per the 7th register. But I want to get it confirmed that I will be paid for metered export rather than deemed export.

"If you go to https://www.esbnetworks.ie/ you can sign up (for free) using your MPRN"

I am reluctant to sign up for free using the mprn as it might change the status to a smart type of plan and prevent me from signing up for regular plans going forward.

"AFAIK if your not on a smart plan you get deemed export based on the inverter size.."

I would be more inclined to say if it was deemed export it would be on the size registered on the NC6 form and not the inverter size.

It would be based on the size of inverter that was put on the NC6 form when received by ESBN.

I've a 2.4kw array but a 3kw inverter. So i can plug 3kw into the deemed export formula to estimate what they may use for Feb to Nov

• Advertisement

That's the way they do it, use your inverter size in the formula. It doesn't matter how many panels people have it's just the inverter size they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Can you confirm you have a smart meter but a standard 24hr electricity tarrif?

I was paid metered export with a smart meter but on a 24hr non smart plan and I had signed up to the Esb portal without it affecting the plan. You can only see your export if on a non smart tariff.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Erekon

@Phester

I am reluctant to sign up for free using the mprn as it might change the status to a smart type of plan and prevent me from signing up for regular plans going forward.

That's not correct. I have a smart meter and I'm not on a smart plan and I have access to my data through this website. It's nothing to do with smart plans, which are currently terrible. I think this came from an GDPR legal case as ESB Networks were not giving access to data that they were retaining about customers.

Its not the smart meter plan that I mean. It is the "MC" number Meter configuration. If it changes when you move over to being able to view your export then they have changed your configuration on the meter. It has been mentioned here that people could not switch to normal plans they were told no as they were not on a MCXX old meter number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I got my renewal email from EI today - funneh how the email doesnt mention anything about FIT. :(

BTW I have still not been paid a dime for FIT from them yet - although it is promised in my next bill. I will be shocked if i do get paid before i leave (if i find a better deal!)

Energy Day Unit Rate: 40.29 c/kWh

Energy Night Unit Rate: 20.00 c/kWh

Annual Standing Charge: 364.12 €/annum

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caspero

Me too - in my November bill Energia showed a line item on page 3 showing my export units. That line has disappeared in my January bill. I'm on deemed export with a day/night meter so this can't be an issue with reading the smart meters in my case.

Did you call Energia to query this @KCross or @bullit_dodger ?

I didn't (phone them that is) as I was under the impression that it's not really Energia who's at fault here, but apparently the raw data that they are getting from ESB networks. Not really sure how/what would be the issue considering I'm on deemed export, but I'm sure they'll sort it out in time.

Once ESB Networks sort out whatever issues they have, I'm expecting Energia to fall in line. TBF to energia, they are one of the better suppliers out there for FIT. They were one of the first to start regularly paying, they have been up front on many of the things, so I'm "optimistic" as opposed to SSE who have dropped the ball there (multiple times)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I am in the same boat, they say there's a fix, I am waiting weeks so opened a formal complaint. If they don't redress my bill properly I'll be taking them to the CRU and then the SCC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

We're with EI, contract just up so back to full non-discount rate this week. Got a call from them yesterday to discuss the account but was too busy to talk.

Got our bill today with FIT for the past year paid - over €400 credit. nicest leccy bill I ever got.

We'll be switching to Flogas this week and asking EI to settle their account and pay us the outstanding balance 😄

Advertisement