Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

that there is an outrageous indictment of the current smart tarrif rip-off and the toothlessness of the CRU... or maybe it's just simply by industry design. just frustrating that we can't be fully rewarded for our investment on the one hand without being ripped off on rates by the other hand..

but like Tom Waits said.. The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

If you’re building I would suggest running a few ducts into your house and blanking them off also for various items that may arise in the future. Perhaps you build a garage with panels or ground mount array it will allow you run cables in without having them overground or drilling holes.

In terms of cabling I’d run cat6 and perhaps an extra one or two and have everything coming back to your hub, there is a small cost but might be very worthwhile.

Our house is 12 years old and thought I’d covered lots of this at the time but now I’d kill for a duct going from the utility to the garage which I don’t have and can’t do much about as there is asphalt down now.

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

ahhh i wish i had asked this question a week ago!

the blocklayers are finishing up the deadwork/rising walls tomorrow. in the utility i have three 110mm duct size holes allowed for in the bottom course of blocks in the foundation. these are primarily for drainage and ASHP however i should be able to allocate one of these for cat 6 cabling or squeeze a 50mm duct in beside the 110mm wavin or very worst case create another hole as only one leaf of blocks has been laid.

just as well i asked the question now, another week or so and the subfloor would have been in.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

Contract is up with EI end of January. Currently on their smart tarrif with night boost. Only since got solar and battery in November. I'm wondering about locking into another 12 months with them or maybe just letting it roll on a few months. They did say they'd be in touch this month with either credit or a percentage discount or both. I'm assuming a percentage discount might be 5% max. Also have gas with them.

Have an ev as well. Not sure if there's better value out there with a smart meter?

Cheers,

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I'd look into binning the smart meter and ask for D/N then look at the energia EV D/N tariff - used to be the best out there, not sure if still the same with the increases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Did you reach out to them about the credit or discount? or did they proactively contact you...

When I switched to the smart tarrif on November they said they'd be in touch on Jan.. I'm reluctant to lock into a contract at the moment. Maybe it's wishful thinking but pricing maybe improve with better offers later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Erekon

CuriousTony, I'm not a Python user so it took me a while to work out how to use your script. Just a note to say thanks for sharing your work as it works very well (once I worked out how to install pandas and pysimplegui). Ran it there to find out what I'm owed since I switched to SSE in July and I am getting:

Total kWh exported from 2022-07-01 to 2023-01-06 : 1416.34

Export value: € 339.92

Has anyone received any indication of payment from SSE?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Colm82

Only confirming what others have suggested or already said but BG seem to think that tieing people into extended contracts to get their fit will work. Shocking bad form from them. I'll be cancelling my direct debit before my final 12 month bill and they can take my fit from that.

Email below

Order Confirmation

06 January 2023

We are happy you have chosen our Microgen Export Plan offer. This offer pays you for the excess electricity you export to the electricity network.***

See our Microgeneration terms and conditions and Privacy notices here.

What happens next?

We’ll calculate your first Microgeneration tariff payment one year from your start date. You’ll receive your first payment as a credit on your first electricity bill after this. Subsequent credits will be applied every year thereafter.

Thank you for being a loyal Bord Gáis Energy customer. If you’ve any questions on Microgeneration, please feel free to contact us on 01 611 01 04 or visit bordgaisenergy.ie/home/help.

The Bord Gáis Energy Team

***You’ll need to remain an electricity supply customer of Bord Gáis Energy to continue to receive this Microgeneration Tariff from us.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭curioustony

I'm not a Python user so it took me a while to work out how to use your script. Just a note to say thanks for sharing your work as it works very well (once I worked out how to install pandas and pysimplegui).

@Erekon well done for persevering. Delighted it worked for you.

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Contract (with EI) up this week, bill due next week and in Nov they said the FIT would be paid in the next bill, so hopefully that comes through. Looking to switch asap and looking at unit rates etc, but it's impossible to find what each provider pays for FIT. Anyone got an up to date list? I know EI pay 22c but can't find what other providers are paying. It might mean the difference between going with one provider or not...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Energia are 18c I think. Avoid Bord Gais regardless of their rates going off what others have said in this thread.

i think EI are 21.. at leas thats what on my bill

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Latest figures are:

Energia - 18c - Pays per billing period. Is already paying out.

SSE - 24c - Pays twice a year (Nov and May).

Bord Gais - 18.5c - Pays once a year

Electric Ireland - 21c - Pays per billing period

FloGas - 24c - Pays per billing period

Pinergy - 27c - Pays per billing period

You obviously have to look at the other rates on the tariff as a brilliant FiT rate isn't much good if they are screwing you for your import!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Energia already paying out but have indicated that they are halting micro payments until ESB up their game re communication.

Also SSE didn't pay me a penny in November and I'm not holding my breath for May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Did you ever get -any- FIT off SSE mate before you left them. remember I left them the same week as you did and also went to Energia.

Gave up fighting the fight with them (SSE) about non-payment of FIT. However, if you have been paid then that would be ammunition for the belt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Thanks a mill. Flogas were already looking like the cheapest option but that seals it. Will wait until the billing date on 15th to see if EI pay the FIT as promised before making the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

thanks for the updated list, and that's the crux, they're giving with an attractive CEG rate but taking++ with their import rates, and man are they eye watering rates compared to Energia's EV tariff fixed rates (Sept 22).

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Never got anything from SSE but they have confirmed that I am owed it, and will be paid. They said end of Sept, then Oct, then end of the year, now they're saying May.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,276 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I was told two days ago I'd be getting a deemed payment next bill (early Feb).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Finally got my microgen payment from EI today 499kwh exported from 16/08/22 to 06/01/23 and credit of 104.79.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Never thought I would be "looking forward" to getting a bill - but this one im excited about. 250+ in credit at XMAS time and promise of FIT payment this time... i should be smiling when it arrives with nothing owed. Go solar ftw

Energia finally issued my bill. As expected no FiT but the rates were correct (I know some have had this messed up).

€200 government credit applied.

Bill was €250, without big batteries and load shifting to that legendary 7.9c rate it would have been €420.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭con747

I had my install on 22/02/22 and have an old reversing meter, this morning I reached my meter reading from the install day after the built up units generated so not bad going! I have 5 East facing 345w and 7 south facing 345w and 2 Puredrive 5kwh batteries. I have 4 more West 345w panels up and ready to be connected so ESBN leave my meter alone!

Nearly €400 in credit and FIT due to be paid out in March based on a 5kw inverter if BG honour it. I only had to pay standing charges and the now gone PSO levy since install with 2 units added to the meter readings per bi-monthly bill to avoid having a lower reading than previous readings.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You're winning with that setup... deemed fit and reversing meter?

With an extra 4 x 345w panels to be connected soon, long may it last! I reckon I shouldn't need to dip into the pocket until well into next year with the credits and FIT.

this morning I reached my meter reading from the install day after the built up units generated so not bad going

Are you not drawing attention to yourself by allowing that to happen?

If I read your post correct you are saying that your reversing meter has now gone backwards far enough that you are back to the number of units you had when your installed the Solar almost a year ago? Yes?

If that's the case it will certainly show up as a big red flag on the ESB and provider systems and they'll be looking to change your meter as you are effectively costing them money now.

But maybe I misunderstood what you said?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes I'd make sure to never have an accurate reading below a prior accurate reading, you can be sure ESBn would be out within hours to change your meter!

Advertisement