Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Jets Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Makes me puke when you see the giants win last night. Coaching coaching coaching it’s something the jets are incapable of doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Great 'awards night.' Sauce Defensive ROY. Garrett Wilson Offensive ROY. Klecko and Revis into the HOF.

Good HOF class, was surprised Don "Air" Coryell hadn't been inducted but he was. Ronde Barber got in, Joe Thomas (absolute beast of a lineman in his prime) as well.

Two rookies were ROY on the same team. Only 3rd time in history (of the award) that this has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Do we finally get to have something nice??

Draft starts tonight, what way to people think it goes? JD track record shows his more than happy to move up and down the draft board. I think if anything happens he'd be more likely to move back to make back a few picks

If he stays with the picks he's got I could see the first 2 picks being OL and the the 3rd pick being used on the interior side of the defensive line. I think outside of OL and iDL the biggest needs would be LB and Safety

At least till the season starts and reality sets in. Optimism about the J E T S has long since burned away. Maybe yes, but the team did lose 6 in a row to end the last season and the returning cast is very similar, albeit older. If Breece Hall can come back in the same form, and Mekhi Becton actually play effectively for a full season, then Rogers will have it easier. If it's all on Rogers and he's running for his life, well..

I mean, it's not like Brett Favre didn't play for the Jets once. If he'd kept it in his pants maybe he'd have had a good career there, but no.

• Advertisement

Yeah there was one reason and one reason only for losing 6 on the bounce and it starts with a Q and ends with a K!

You had Mike White playing with god knows what sort of injury, Wilson who couldnt even manage to through a screen pass, Joe Flacco and there was even a couple of drives from Streveler thrown in for the craic

Rodgers has signed a reworked contract, which comes in at 2 years $75 million. Which comes in at a $35 million pay cut! Really comes across that he's all in on trying to get the Jets as far as he can as opposed to just collecting a pay check

I hope he lasts as starter for the duration of that contract. The offensive line looks worse than last year, which was pretty bad. Brown, 38 years old and on the PuP list. Becton's knee acting up. It's Vera-Tucker and not much else. Plus Vera-Tucker was injured last year too.

Breece Hall maybe not till the 4th game, running game fell off a cliff when he went down.

Defense has looked good against this offense in the preseason. They'll likely be on the field a lot.

the OL was fairly shite last year, but I'm not sure how anyone can say its better or worse this season after them being back less than a month and 1/2 sessions in pads?

Just following training camp, where the putative starting LT is a year older and on the PUP, hasn't taken a snap. Still, it IS preseason and much can change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭FantasyFool

Correct me if Im wrong but I think AVT went down in the same game that Hall got injured. Would have been interesting to see would the run game have been equally hit if AVT had been healthy.

Lot of talk that Cook is on the way. RB is not a priority but if it takes Hall a few weeks to return Cook is a solid pick up.

Hopefully find a Tackle next and Id like to see Kwon being resigned .

• Registered Users Posts: 37,639 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't understand why the Jets would be interested in Cook. You have good depth at the position if Hall can't make it for a couple of weeks.

Knight looked very decent last year and Carter is very good too.

Last Jets 1000 rusher was Chris Ivory in 2015.

Cook over 1000 yards 4 years in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,639 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hall will do that though, he's better than Cook at this stage.

You are gonna pay big money for a back up. As said above the position is not important enough to have a lot of cap space invested. You've got a gifted second year player and good depth at the position.

I'm not particularly interested in them signing Cook tbh, but theres been no word of when Hall will be ready and then when he is back how long will it take him to get up to speed. Carter wasnt great when he was trust into the no1 role season, he had less rushing yards in 16 games than Hall had in 6 and half.

I reckon Abanikanda will jump both Carter and Knight in the dept cart

Because once or run game went down last year all opposing defenses had to do was rush the passer. Not saying Rodger’s wouldn’t cope but the chance of getting injured being sacked is why the need a big threat in the running game.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Deise boii

Hopefully they might be able to pick up some o line help it's the one big concern heading into the season. If not could be looking at avt moving across. Becton getting reps at right tackle too so tomorrow night could be interesting

After seeing how Becton performed on Saturday, I cant see any reason that he wouldnt be getting first team reps at RT. It still feels like the coaching staff dont have full confidence in him. I imagine week one line up will be Brown/Tomlinson/McGovern/AVT/Becton

Brown back and Davis gone whatever that’s about. Hope he gets through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Im off to the Jets Vs Chargers game in NY in Nov !

Cant wait ...... 😁

Anyone been before?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭chancer007

going to the Bills games in 2 weeks....will report back

I'd forgotten Rodgers was an anti-vaxxer. It's so Jets. Some news about him at the US Open cheering on Djokovic and that guy's antivaxxery

And ? 🙄

I heard he leaves the tea bag in his tea ........

Our new QB savior getting publicity for being a whackadoodle is so Jets. Why couldn't we sign someone with less baggage? Ahh well, we'll all be happy if he leads us to Superbowl victory.

'Whackadoodle' ???!??

For deciding not to take an exploratory drug ?

Ok, thats your opinion...... Theres other forums for that echo chamber fodder ..............................

It'd be so Jets if Rodgers came down with Covid now.

Makes your user name apt/ironic ......... 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭FantasyFool

Was over for a game vs the Bills in Metlife in 2014 ( the day I lost all hope in Geno Smith).

If you have any questions drop me a line.

Cute. Can't wait till early Tuesday morning

• Advertisement

And so it begins. Not even 1 quarter.

Advertisement