Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The older couple were lovely, honest, shame no more romantic dates, but could be good mates, companions

I felt maybe the blonde lesbian was more after her loud knickerless mate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Missed it. Looking forward to sitting down to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Some of the contestants give away too much info for a "first tv date"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I kept thinking the dark haired girl with her weird facial gestures reminded me of someone, and then I realised who...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Think it's just physical attraction, simple as that.

was that kiwi one on something else? Looked familiar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I totally agree. They say an awful lot that seems to be very private for a first date, never mind one on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Overall a good episode I thought.

The Donegal petrol head was a fair bit out of your man's league so I was surprised when she said yes. It wasn't a shock that it went nowhere. Seemed like very nice people.

Loved the older couple but as they both alluded to in the closing interview you'd have to question the logic of matching people from Galway and Wexford.

The blonde was so far out of the kiwi's league that they were playing a different sport. Not surprised it ended in a "we should be friends"/"we're so alike" scenario.

The less said about the brunette girl the better.

In a lot of cases I think it translates as "You're not good looking enough for me and I think I could do better", particularly with the younger folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭xeresod

• Registered Users Posts: 54,742 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The dark haired girl is ridiculously attractive. Aishling I think was her name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

The older couple and the ones into Toyotas were grand - I was surprised that the younger woman said yes, but not surprised it didn't go anywhere.

I thought the brunette friend of the blonde wan was channeling a bad Brendan O'Carroll impersonator. Her weird over-the-top facial expressions and every second sentence being an innuendo ending with 'WHA'. Really weird. I did think her blonde friend's comment about her ideal partner being something like lobbing the gob with your best friend on a sleepover was ... revealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭Xander10

Started watching, had to switch off listening to the annoying two friends who turned up for dates.

Unbearable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Watched it on player to kill an hour.. Two petrol heads, Nice enough but not surprised they didn't get out of first gear in the end, two piston heads together won't work imo... Lad with the short trousers, is that the craic now, he'll always have to wear shorts to show the Leeds tattoo, he seemed a bit desperate to be honest, and his date, how in the name of God could you bring her anywhere with the tongue on her? , good luck to him he'll need it I'd say personally I'd run a mile... The two girls mismatch if ever there was one, the jeans looked terrible but that's just me.. Older couple, polite nice people no messing about, Galway-wexford was never going to work anyway , yer man must have a holiday home in Spain, great colour... Glad that beardy barman is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

I don't see why we pay a TV licence to pay huge salaries to presenters ... while TV gives us programmes like this ... anyone can make a programme like this ... even less effort than required for Operation Transformation or Dancing With The Stars ... we martyred with all this stuff because it is cheap to make .. this thing as all you need is 2 unknowns and a camera pointing at them ... cheap ...

I would gladly go back to a time when this type of drivel did not infest or screens like it does today ... turn on TV now ... any channel ... and you are most likely to get some reality programme be it dating, singing competition, dancing competition, fitness competition, hidden camera rubbish, Big brudder rubbish, Luv island rubbish ... all made on a shoestring while the money the public pays goes to presenters ...

I have enough of this drivel ... each to their own and all that ... I can tolerate some programmes like this ... but not the dominance it has .. Sunday night just gone on RTE it was 90% these type of things ... and then it is this First Dates and other reality or repeats of stupid RTE comedies from 2017 weeknights on RTE 2 ... I have almost had it with TV at this stage ... a money racket ... 99% useless ...

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mykrodot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The brown haired Dublin girl reminded me of Jason Byrne, who I just cannot stand. Constant "accents", gurning, ending every second sentence with "wha?" and endless "witty" responses. And shouting across the restaurant was so rude. If she was a guy, everyone would be saying she's a lout. Imagine two lads in the toilets saying "smash or pass" about their dates, they'd be obliterated on social media.

The whole act was so tiring after about four minutes. Each to their own and everyone deserves someone so it's lovely for them both that the two made something of it, but she is certainly an acquired taste.

The rest were fine. Enjoyed the first couple who both seemed quite nice.

I enjoy the show a lot as its an easy escapism from the doom and gloom of so many other Irish programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Not a rant ... not intended as one ... just stating fact ... there are way too many of these type of shows out there ... it seems like that and dreary news is all TV can do these days 90% of the time with rest on RTE being repeats of 2017, etc comedies ... all well and grand if we were not paying for it ... but we are and not everyone is a fan of reality yokes such as First Dates and Luv Island ... and not everyone wants a diet of dreary news either ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭VonLuck

The problem is that you're watching terrestrial TV. First Dates is literally the only "live" television I watch and everything else is streaming. You can easily avoid the endless reality shows that way. It's my one guilty pleasure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭De Bhál

definitely a guilty pleasure for me also. Only reality TV I watch...well that and The Masked Singer as my kids love it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Bernie is a hot 65

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

These 2 gay lads are morons

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rescue Remedy

She's the one says the 75 year old man😊 He's waited a while.

Both seem nice but 65 and a 75 year old man.. He's fresh and healthy but I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Imagine complaining about being old having just turned 24, give me a break ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I like the gay lads. Very natural and likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Advertisement

Jaysus Philip. You think not engaging your brain is a virtue.

Advertisement