Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭pgj2015

why, what did he do or say?

just caught the end of their date, no way did I think she would say yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

…..

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mykrodot

he seemed a bit clingy, she might find it hard to detach from him if she ever wanted to move on........................

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well there is a first time for everything I just hope it's not for him murdering her if he ever does do something like that. I do not think someone can collect roadkill and mess around with it if they are of the right mind. That as many have mentioned here is how Jeffery Dahmer started out too. She was a very intelligent beautiful young woman so I hope she gets away from him before she becomes his next skull.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rescue Remedy

Just very serious talk. Nothing inappropriate but saying 'we should enjoy the here and now' in a monotone voice etc. She seemed disinterested. I was shocked she said yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Just on the Tallaght couple.

Maybe I'm out of touch, but what's wrong with being a truck driver?

I didn't catch her occupation but I'm fairly sure she's not a barrister, surgeon etc.

I felt he was overdoing the 'you're beautiful' stuff on the first date. As a man who has been told your so handsome too many times on first dates that freaks me out. It seems a bit unstable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Did the 24 yo gay guy stump the 21 yo with the bill?

I had to rewind....it looked like the 21 yo said split and 24 yo said he'd get the next one (while disappearing into ether)

That was fairly feckin cheeky....the 21 yo face was like "eh ok"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'd imagine it's the hours ....I know he said diageo but that could be Dublin to Donegal or Dublin to France for example so it would be hard to maintain a relationship. Especially on top of both of them being parents and the commitments that go with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭SunnySundays

I thought she changed when he was talking about going AWOL from the army.

Possibly wrong but thing from then on she had him down as way too unreliable & likely to just disappear on her too.

His lines were all a bit too smooth & predictable too. Got the impression he rhymes them off on every date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭VonLuck

A big red flag is when the truck driver said he has no filter. That's just an excuse to be a dick.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I thought the same, one minute he's saying the army was his life, he loved it, and the next he walked out the gates and headed off down the country for a few years! Something not quite right about that behaviour,

Rebecca didn't appear that self confident. The fall out with her mam the eye make up, tats everywhere.

Not too many girls would go for yer man. She commented on his good looks, that was enough for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I think they are grand. Just two lads having a bit of chat and dinner and not putting on a show.

Sandra looks young for 42. Her date looks like Richie Sadler !

The 65 year old woman is fantastic looking. Zero change she goes for the 75 year old man . Friend zone imminent

Got that wrong ! Fair play hope it works out for them

Best episode in a while

8 fairly normal people and well matched

Richie Sadler was a bit too intense for her

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭YellowLead

It was a good episode - everybody seemed genuine and not on the show for instagram followers. None of them were super annoying and cringy and I was genuinely interested to see where each would go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

I genuinely can't comprehend why anyone would voluntarily go on first dates Ireland, it's already nerve wracking going on a first date, let alone having the nation watch you do it

I'd love to go on it but I agree, I would find it far too stressful and would be aware of the cameras. Fair play to anyone who has the courage to do it, it usually seems worth it too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Can i ask why would you love to go on it? Like I can't imagine anything worse than being set up on a blind date, then having the cameras follow your every move

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Think the 65 year old lady looked great and should have been matched with someone a bit younger then your man he looked a bit surprised when he saw her, pleasantly surprised, nice man to be fair and looked well for his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,850 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The two gay young lads from Cork seemed sound to me,mad difference in accents considering they are from so close together. The gay speed walk thing is definitely a thing...I walk incredibly quickly lol. Glad they said yes to another date :)

The older couple, both in great nick for their age, Bernie was very lady like. Both good company as well. He was maybe a bit full on, I can see why they paired them but she was a fair chunk younger than him, didn't see her saying yes to second date tbh but glad she did.

Fiona, I was very distracted by the fact she seemed to be dressed as the 1960s tv show joker on the VT. Two normal Dubs, he was clearly blown away by her, wasn't expecting that AWOL story! Feared the "no spark" response from her right away.

Jack /Jeffrey Dahmer.."do you like skulls?"...taxidermy a bit weird but hey each to their own I guess..both seemed well adjusted really, intelligent (outside of the crystal nonsense lol), Rebecca well matched with him tough not having contact with parents, both very hipstery. Two yeses lovely stuff and dates after, ahhh.

because most people genuinely seem to enjoy themselves and forget about the cameras...............and a lot of people are very well matched as the research and production team have done their homework.............unlike online dating where you don't know what you'll get!

Nice synopsis. I liked the Cork chaps too. There was a sincerity about both.

I thought the 65 yo lady would have a fear in 7 or 8 years she'd be a carer. But no she probably wasn't looking that far ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Only catching up on this episode now. I loved it. First episode I was interested in all couples.

1. I thought John was a nice man. I was hoping he would meet someone else nice. Enter Bernie. What a stunning woman for 65. She seemed so vibrant and alive. I thought she had too much life in her to be with him. Feel bad saying that but I thought he seemed too bland for her. Said no....got that wrong.

2. The two gay lads seemed like two sound lads individually but I didn't see them being a couple at all. Was gobsmacked when the taller guy said he fancied the other lad. I didn't even see them as friends. Got that wrong too.

3. The two from Tallaght. Maybe your man is sound out. He took it well and said all the right things when rejected and seemed genuine enough. He just reminded me so much of a man I was with. Says the right things, looks the right looks, brings flowers, compliments her. I just felt it was a show. And felt uncomfortable watching them because ditto for her. She had no intention of saying yes but still asked would he like to go first. Complimented him a few times but without making eye contact so.....? If I was going to say no I would not let the poor guy say a word in case he said yes. Said no match and I was right.

4. Loved this couple. Both different, out of mainstream. Creative spirits who are alternative. She is beautiful. I saw chemistry and I saw two people comfortable and on the same wavelength. Said yes and hope it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Was strongly thinking of doing this myself last year and even still thinking of it. But have been struggling health wise (mentally and physically) for last 8 months so didn't feel I should do it. If I do I will be on for about 5 minutes because I don't look as good for my age as most on programme do and I would absolutely no way give the amount of private info on air that everyone else seems to think is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Go for it plenty makecup you be grand I am as rough as a badgers arse and I recon they would still make me presentable.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I wonder what precisely made you jump to this conclusion, just ten minutes into the program? Can't think of any possible reason 🤔

Anyway, just caught up on the episode and I thought it was great. It's nice to have the occasional episode where they're all, for the most part, genuinely nice people.

Like others I was quite surprised the 65 year old lady said yes to another date, thought that had 'let's just be friends' written all over it.

Thought the gay couple and the quirky younger couple were both great, all four seemed like straight up decent people.

Was quite surprised Philip was turned down, I actually thought they had the most chemistry out of the four dates. I think it was the AWOL story that turned her off for the most part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

@yerwanthere123

The elder of the 2 of them seemed vacuous, insincere and self centred, the younger seemed nice enough on the face of it but I found both immature and hard to listen to and first impressions were they were morons which may seem a little harsh now but they don't make easy watching, I just can't stand the theatrics that goes hand in hand with some guys these days

Why, what did you think I meant by it?

Advertisement