Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Pretty boring win by Seahawks standards.

1-0

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

Sign me up for boring wins like yesterday. I was very impressed with the performance yesterday. I'm trying to temper it after last years week 1 victory over the Falcons.

The offence looked very good, balanced making explosive plays, good pass and run protection. Fuller looked the much better center. Eskridge looked so fast, hopefully he will get through concussion protocols fine and he will know next time to just step out of bounds instead of taking that hit. Defence looked good as well which I was surprised with, the corners were a big issue for me going into the game. Next few weeks will give us a proper gauge of their ability as they come up against better receivers. Myers was perfect too.

1-0 with no injuries of note, can't ask for any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Yes, excellent boring start all-round. I presume the Titans will be better next week than yesterday but the offense must be licking their lips

Was hard to tell from Redzone were the Titans that bad or the Cardinals that good. Probably somewhere in between.

First game with a full crowd in Seattle for two seasons, imagine the place will be very hostile for the Titans.

Be disappointed not to get a result.

Titans O Line were terrible, our Defence is going to have to tackle Henry like mad men. AJ Brown will fancy his chances on the corners but luckily our corners get to give against DK in practice so they should know how to defend him.

I can't wait for that first titans possession and to just listen to a full Lumen crowd go crazy.

D played well against the run on Sunday night. Henry is a different beast altogether though, assuming last weekend was just some week 1 rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭al87987

Really disappointing result against the Titans, the game was wrapped up before Henry took over. First time Seattle have ever lost when they were up by 15+ at home I think.

We are the only team in the division that aren't 2-0, really can't afford any more slip ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭Paleface

The manner of the defeat is really concerning. They should be 2-0 but threw it away. Gave up a lot of yards in penalties too.

On defence they just couldn't handle Henry when he got going. Pass rush was non existent for most of the game. On offence things started off well. The drive to finish the first half was excellent. But then it inexplicably died in the final quarter when they just needed to run down the clock. Things only got worse in OT. It was almost comically bad.

The only positive is that Lockett is on fire so far in 2 games.

Very unusual for Seattle to throw a game like that. The whole way through the second half felt like hanging on rather than the usual comeback.

The penalties killed them too, over 100 yards in the game.

@Vikings on Sunday who were a kick away from beating the Cardinals. Going to be a tough road game.

Well that was a game I never want to see again. Offence is fine, dropping off badly in the second half of games but not sure that is entirely on them.

The defence however is where I place all my anger towards. They are able to produce no pressure, too soft coverage on the receivers, players can't tackle in open field apart from Diggs and Wagner and when they do somehow get a stop they give away a stupid penalty to extend the drive anyway. This defence is much worse than last years, at least they were getting a pick here or there.

The team are going nowhere with such a suspect defence. Jefferson and Theilen are great receivers but they didn't even have to be contested on their catches. I saw a tweet last night that said the seahawks have 6 passes defenced over 3 games, that's horrific. If they were doing the whole bend don't break strategy that's fine but they have to not break which they have been doing for the last 6 quarters.

Looking at this defence play makes me really appreciate what we had with LOB and the guys around them. And with Shanahan and McVay ready to scheme up a nightmare for this defence I'm very worried as to where this season could be headed.

• Advertisement

The defence was probably the worst I've ever seen it in that game yesterday, just felt like they could do whatever they wanted.

Penalties and the offence stalling ain't helping either.

Going to be a tough season ahead it looks like, maybe Pete's last in charge. Huge game against the 49er's next week.

Ken Norton Jr is the problem. The defence was woeful at the start of last year too but the offence was going so well it papered over the cracks. Apparently the Bills game was a breaking point for Carroll and he stepped in and changed things. To be fair the defence was not the issue in the second half of last season with much of the same personnel.

Now it looks like Carroll he has given Norton back control to running the defence so far this year with much the same if not worse performances. They just need to cut him loose and get a better DC.

After the previous 2 games hadnt given any hope to going to the 49ers and getting a win but here we are.

2-2 at the end of the first quarter of the season and bar week 1 its hard to say when they've played well.

Short week now and the Rams on Thurs at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

The first half was a tough watch I don't know how we were still in it, SF losing Garoppolo was a stroke of luck I think.

I'm still far from convinced.

Great to get the win but the 49ers got hit with injuries again and this essentially gifted the game to Seattle.

I'm not convinced either that the team has turned a corner but at least they looked a bit better on defence.

Yeah, definitely a sense of the 49ers having some bad luck throughout that game with the missing kicker and Jimmy G injury.

I'll take the win of course but the Rams on Thursday should be a much better indicator of where this Seattle team is right now.

Just watching highlights now, that hold to take away the Lockett TD right before half time looked really harsh, would have been huge to go in 14-3 up, compounded by missing the FG.

Geno looked decent to be fair to him. Dickson's Punt on the run was pretty funny.

A not unexpected loss but big work to be done if we are to make a wildcard spot, probably need to get to 10 wins so 8-4 the rest of the season. Looks tough given the division we are in and how we're playing right now.

Just finished watching highlights.

Jamal Adams simply had to make that interception at the end of the 4th.

We got lucky Metcalf's fumble didn't cost us right at the death, should have just jumped outta bounds.

Run game looked pretty good, Collins, Homer and Dallas did well.

Geno didn't make any real plays of note, ain't gonna win too many NFL games like that.

TJ Watt is a great player.

Tough sledding so far this season. Need a serious run post bye week. Probably need 6-3 from the last nine games.

Would help to start off if Rodgers missed next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Chris Carson going for season ending neck injury.

Turning 28 next year, neck injury, no guaranteed contract, might be the end we see of him.

Great player for Seattle if it is the end. Obviously a lot lower profile than Lynch but did a great job of replacing him

What a disaster of a season its turning out to be. A lot of underlying issues all coming to the fore at once:

• Russ was eventually going to get injured at some point but saying that he hasn't played well since the second half of last season by his standards
    • Bad coaching/management in general. Some new ideas are needed on how to run a team in the NFL today
    • Poor drafting and giving up too many high draft picks in trades. Looking back at the top pick for each year since the SB win: Eskridge, Brooks, Collier, Penny, McDowell, Ifedi, Clark, Richardson. Ignoring Eskridge for now given that he got a bad injury in preseason, there is not a lot to shout about on those picks apart from Clark. Several of them have proven to be busts. Brooks has showed promise.
    • The squad is top heavy with a few standout stars but really poor depth
    • OL, TE, RB, CB are all problem positions year on year and never seem to get fixed. Edit: I'm going to add DL here also as its been getting steadily worse the last couple of years
    Post edited by Paleface on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Well, ****. At first glance, I don't like this deal. Unless we absolutely tank next year, we're looking at mediocre QB play for quite a while. The lads really need to make those picks work.

And the drafting has been awful the past few years.

Bit mad when ya think Seahawks gave up 2 firsts for Jamaal Adams and got 2 firsts for the franchise QB.

Goodbye Russ and Bobby. Thanks for the memories!

Something had to change but I'm not sure if this is what's best for the team. Never thought Carroll would preside over a complete rebuild at his age. I don't believe he wants to either but its clear the relationship with Wilson has soured and one of them had to go. Having more control, Carroll was always going to win unless he decided to retire. I was hoping he would and some new blood would come in on the management side but I guess he's not done yet in his own mind.

Very interesting to see what happens next for both Wilson and the Seahawks and who comes out the better from this separation. Surely Wilson is the winner today.

Would love to go but I think demand for tickets in Germany will make it very hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Yeah would love to go myself and will definitely look into it but might have to settle for a London game I think

Anyone know how the distribution of Munich tickets will go? Like will Bayern season tickets holders get first dibs or members from NFL Europe teams??

Top of the division!

This first half has been …. Better than expected

Great result, I did have a sneaky feeling we would win this one.

Will watch the highlights at lunch, Go Hawks.

Scored 17 in the first half, zero in 2nd, held on when Denver missed a FG in the last minutes.

Defence looked solid. The TE's looked great. Geno had some nice scrambles and enough throws to keep it moving

• Advertisement

Watched the highlights, lots to like about the performance.

Won the game with a bit of luck and solid D. Geno started 13 for 13 which is a great confidence booster for him. Got lucky that his and Penny's fumbles both were recovered.

Live game on Sky tonight

That was a rough watch. Got beat in every facet of the game. Think the Lance injury makes them stronger. Cardinals pulled a win from nowhere too.

Ah well, we'll always have week 1.

Great game this week. Geno had the offence humming, Lions can't seem to stop anybody.

Our own defence is much the same, no confidence that they'll ever get a stop.

2-2 is not a bad start to the year, could have beaten Atlanta too.

Saints up next, they'll be on a tough week after that disastrous defeat in the London game and maybe still missing Jameis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,934 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gotta say when you see how bad Wilson has been in Denver and how the bust that was Geno Smith is doing in Seattle you have to wonder if it's the coach and his system that's QB friendly and makes them look good.

3-3 ain't too bad at this stage, especially considering how weak our division looks.

Schedule looks to get a little tougher though from here on.

Losing Penny ain't great but Walker had a nice first game.

4 - 3 is better! :)

I don't think anyone expected this team to be where they are at this stage of the season. Top of the division and getting better! A wildcard playoff position is a realistic target given the strength of the NFC overall. There are a few fancied teams with real issues dragging them down.

Unfortunately I think DK may be done for the season but they just haven't officially confirmed it. They ruled him out of the game very quickly so could be ligaments.

Absolutely, great game all around except the DK stuff. Looks like he's done for alright although I have been impressed with Goodwin and the contribution from our TE's in recent games.

It's been a remarkably fun season so far with the defense coming along nicely, Walker now breaking out and Geno continuing to impress.

Haven't been on boards in a while but felt like a good time to drop by this thread. I'm having much more fun watching this season than last couple of years (That's not a bash against Russ). The young guys are playing their asses off and feels like they are settling into a nice groove now. I really didn't think that the Giants game would have playoff implications for both teams so early in the season but here we are.

Geno is full of confidence, really hope DK's injury isn't season ending because the wr group isn't going to cut it for a full season. Woollen is a great find, hopefully he can keep this up and be in with a shout for DROY with Sauce Gardner

Tough last few weeks, can't run the ball too well and we're so porous on rush defense.

The Diggs missed interception and Homer fumble at the end of the 1st half back to back killed us last night.

Good news about the Broncos 1st round pick for next year but the season is deflating.

Lose to the Chiefs next week and we have to win last two games to finish 9-8 and have any chance of going through.

• Advertisement

Scraped into the playoffs. Thank you Detroit!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,133 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Fair play to Detroit for going to Green Bay and putting in a performance with just pride at stake. Or maybe that says they do better when the pressure is off.

In the listings for Sky Max channel (the old Sky One I think?) next Saturday 9pm, they have full coverage of an NFL game so I think that's the Seahawks game?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

9:30pm kickoff @ 49ers. They are currently 10 point favourites which is fair enough given they are 2 - 0 against us this season.

How the game starts is crucial. We have a habit of playing abysmally in the first half of playoff games and leaving too much to do in the second. Not a chance this 49ers defence is going to let a lead slip.

I don't expect anything from this game, keep it competitive until half time and I'll be happy, think 49ers win the whole thing. Have to win the turnover battle by 2+ if we're to cause an upset.

Great season it must be said from very low initial expectations.

Yeah in Seattle you'd have had a chance, not much hope in Santa Clara

I agree that the 49ers win this game easy, but a rookie QB has never won a Super Bowl. Its a monumental task for Brock Purdy who was Mr Irrelevant in the draft. If he was a first round QB it would still be a big task.

Well they did what I asked and kept it competitive till half time, somehow we were even winning, with zero penalties, zero turnovers, Geno only missing one throw and an established run game. Played as good a half as this team can play even if we couldn't ever really stop the 49ers.

Everything changed in the 2nd half when we had the offensive lineman down the field penalty, a fumble and missed hold call on Metcalf who had a great game it must be said.

Sad to go out like that in the 2nd half, really missed Brooks, couldn't stop a crossing route or 20 yard throw to save our lives.

49ers are legitimate contenders even with Purdy, he was okay, but as long as he doesn't turn it over they can put up 30+ against anyone.

Good season, I hope we bring back Geno next year and give him some O-line help, in his press conference he said he would like to stay.

I've been involved with setting up the only official booster club for the Seahawks in Ireland, we are called Emerald Isle Sea Hawkers. There's a Facebook group and twitter account. We have competitions or raffles every month throughout the year, membership is €14 for a single or €25 for a family of up to 4. We will have watch parties for a few games this season too. Facebook group is free to join, but you have to be a card carrying member to enjoy all the membership benefits.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/717070226756348/?ref=share

That was a really bad performance in week 1, a real dampener to open the season.

We couldn't put any pressure on Stafford and 2 yards of offense in the 2nd half is pathetic.

DK needs to control himself, way too many stupid penalties against him.

• Advertisement

There's a watch party for Sunday in The Camden if any Seahawks fans are interested. Plenty of prizes on offer and meet fellow Seahawks fans

Advertisement