Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options
1404142434446»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

It was a dampener to put it mildly! Offence was very bad in the second half and the defence was worse all game. They never got to Stafford at all. Even if they lose to the Lions this weekend which is likely, I just hope they turn up with a performance or the mood will really drop for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭al87987

Nice OT win to get the season back on track.

No easy game but both sides of the ball looked better.

Got away with the hold call at the end.

Looks like the Rams are better than we thought anyway given how they played against the 49ers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

A nice surprise after the week 1 debacle in the second half.

Defense started slow but got better as the game went on, seemed to turn a bit after the Lions fumbled on the first drive of the second half.

Offense was solid, was nervous with the two back up tackles but the held up against Hutchinson and Co.

Geno was very good bar the unnecessary sack on the last drive in regulation, can see he was trying to wind the clock down to the two min warning but should have thrown out of bounds.

Panthers and @Giants before the bye week.

Hopefully can get to 3-1 before that, which would be a good start to the season.

Hi Akenno,

Only just catching up on this thread after a few months, how did this go?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

It was a very good event, the result helped a lot. A good start for the Emerald Isle group. Prizes included DK Metcalf signed mini helmet and Steve Largent mini helmet alplong with other prizes. Our next one will be in Cork, may not be for a Seahawks game due to the times as 6pm games are the only real option. Belfast after that then.

Our membership is always open and we will be getting a signed item from Central council that we are running a competition for DK Metcalf receptions for paid up members.

If anyone wants to join, you can follow the Facebook page for the details or DM and I'll send the details.

• Advertisement

Good stuff, I'll take a look at your FB page later after work and see whats upcoming.

Nicely to 3-1 for the week 5 bye week. That collapse in week 1 against the Rams seems out of the system anyway.

Stayed up to watch on Monday night, offense wasn't up to much, perhaps can put the down the injuries on the o-line but the Giants were awful.

Hopefully can get back some bodies with the week off, tough road game against the Bengals in week 6.

That was a game we really should not have lost, so many chances at the end.

Not Geno's greatest game and clear O-line issues again but DK really just pisses me off, knocking us out of FG range with another stupid penalty which didn't give us a chance to go and kick a game winning FG.

A much more frustrating loss than week 1 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah, you should have won it for sure. And as you said there were big OL issues.

For situations like that I think they need to get Smith-Njigba involved more. He can play close to the line as a quick outlet and he is great at making yardage out of nothing.

That was such a frustrating game. Had two drives to win it in the end and couldnt punch it in.

On the plus defence looked as good as it has been in ages.

A home game against the Cardinals hopefully an ideal game to get back on track.

• Advertisement

Going to the week 11 game Nov 19th @Rams so looking forward to that.

Will be in the US for the Thanksgiving game against the 49ers too - get to watch it at a reasonable hour!

Man the offsense really needs to clean up. 2 fumbles (one special teams) and an interception - wont win many games losing 3-0 on turnovers. Fortunately Cardinals are a poor team. Only positive is that it seems the defence has really stepped up the last few weeks.

Yeah it wasn't pretty.

Bobo's toe touch TD was spectacular though.

Nice to see JSN a bit more involved too and a defense on the rise.

Tough next couple of games, gotta somehow stop Myles Garrett next week.

49ers drop to games in a row. Didnt see that coming

Disastrous performance although the Ravens look like real SB contenders.

We look a bit like pretenders really, Geno nowhere near as clean as last season but offense in general has been rough.

Need to win the next 2 before that tough 4-game stretch.

The Ravens are indeed real SB contenders which lets face it, the Seahawks are not. They handed the Lions a similar hiding a couple of weeks back so no surprise in the result yesterday for me. Maybe the scoreline should have been a bit more respectable but the offence couldn't get going.

The same will happen at the business end of the season when they come up against the 49ers, Cowboys and Eagles. A single win out of those 4 games would probably be seen as a positive.

Expected to be beaten but that was rough. As mentioned above they did the same to the Lions a few weeks back so feared the worse.

Fortunately a more manageable Commanders team at home on Sunday. Win that and get to 6-3.

I hate the Rams. They played absolute crap for 3 quarters and only because the seahawks continually shot themselves in the foot, the rams were kept in the game. 130 yards of penalties against the hawks 🤬 anybody that wanted Geno benched for lock deserved his cameo last night. He was exactly as advertised pure dirt.

Having said all that they had a chance to win it when geno went back in for the final drive and conveniently the helmet comms went as DK got them in field goal range. A spike, or quick pass to the sideline was the play here instead Geno had to go with a quick play himself and chose to run it up the middle for 2 yard gain and had to settle for a very long field goal. That loss will sting because if they literally committed 1 less penalty they win that game.

Short week now before welcoming 49ers to Lumen. It'll be tough with Geno healthy, impossible if it's Lock

Even worse than the Bengals loss that one, offense started well but got shut down.

Penalties are ridiculous and have been for years now, consistently the worst team in this regard.

Defense played well though, thought Myers had the kick but it was a bad effort, could have gotten him an extra few yards.

Expectations are low for the next 4 games but hopefully they show us something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Your offensive line looked good early on but went to pieces then.

I seen during the week that Abraham Lucas was designated to return. You badly need him.

Well we showed up at least, was always going to be tough to win that game but nice to see the offense humming along nicely and a great score for DK's 1st.

Not many teams have been able to stop Dallas and we couldn't either, defense needs a lot of work.

JSN starting to become more of a factor.

Well that was another awful loss to thr 49ers. Offence had a few moments like the big TD for DK and the Colby TD (why do we wait til week 14 to use that?) but I wasn't expecting much from Drew Lock. The defence has no such excuses. How can they continue to get gashed by the 49ers every game like this? Deebo and Kittle get so many yards against the hawks it's a joke.

I'm really starting to think Carroll will be gone at the end of the season. The defence has fallen apart since Nwosu got injured, no defence should be so dependant on one player. This is Carrolls defence ran by Hurtt.

Was behind the posts for the last second field goal attempt. Watched the ball sail to the right and wide following by thousands of screaming Rams fans.

Wasn't the nicest feeling.

SoFi is impressive though.

Well that was better. First half was more of the same from the previous games, but the second half was much improved. Defence got some stops, and the 2 former Giants really stood up with massive plays. Walker had a really great running game and then Lock came alive in the final drive. Almost doubling his yardage on the game. DK was a beast on that drive.

Now they have stopped the losing skid and have 3 games that should be winnable for a team hoping to make the playoffs. 3-0 will hopefully be enough to make it.

Ah the one late game I didnt stay up for......

A result like that should give the team a real lift. I always thought that one win from 49ers x 2, Cowboys and Eagles would be a positive.

If they can follow it up with a road win this weekend then the playoffs are back in sight. Go Hawks!

Also saw a stat that they have had one of the toughest road schedules this year: Lions, Ravens, Bengals, Cowboys, Rams, 49ers. Only one win from those and that was in OT against the Lions.

And another heart attack finish.

Two in the week.

8-7

Well that really has been some end to the season. After the way the team performed all year, change was inevitable. Mainly the defence completely cratering once Nwosu got injured.

I'm sad to see Pete leave after all he did for the team but ultimately I'm happy to see a new head coach come in and hopefully we will see progress with the team over the coming years.

I will do my very best to get to Seattle whenever Pete is put into the Ring of Honour in Lumen. I raised a glass with a tear in the eye watching the press conference last night.

• Advertisement

Come join the only official Irish seahawks chapter, we have amazing membership packs for all paid members. We run members only raffles and paid raffles also, all monies are for the club and charity. Our game meet up this year is planned for Cork!!

If a you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

Advertisement