Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

What a disaster of a season its turning out to be. A lot of underlying issues all coming to the fore at once:

• Russ was eventually going to get injured at some point but saying that he hasn't played well since the second half of last season by his standards
    • Bad coaching/management in general. Some new ideas are needed on how to run a team in the NFL today
    • Poor drafting and giving up too many high draft picks in trades. Looking back at the top pick for each year since the SB win: Eskridge, Brooks, Collier, Penny, McDowell, Ifedi, Clark, Richardson. Ignoring Eskridge for now given that he got a bad injury in preseason, there is not a lot to shout about on those picks apart from Clark. Several of them have proven to be busts. Brooks has showed promise.
    • The squad is top heavy with a few standout stars but really poor depth
    • OL, TE, RB, CB are all problem positions year on year and never seem to get fixed. Edit: I'm going to add DL here also as its been getting steadily worse the last couple of years
    Post edited by Paleface on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Well, ****. At first glance, I don't like this deal. Unless we absolutely tank next year, we're looking at mediocre QB play for quite a while. The lads really need to make those picks work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

And the drafting has been awful the past few years.

Bit mad when ya think Seahawks gave up 2 firsts for Jamaal Adams and got 2 firsts for the franchise QB.

Goodbye Russ and Bobby. Thanks for the memories!

Something had to change but I'm not sure if this is what's best for the team. Never thought Carroll would preside over a complete rebuild at his age. I don't believe he wants to either but its clear the relationship with Wilson has soured and one of them had to go. Having more control, Carroll was always going to win unless he decided to retire. I was hoping he would and some new blood would come in on the management side but I guess he's not done yet in his own mind.

Very interesting to see what happens next for both Wilson and the Seahawks and who comes out the better from this separation. Surely Wilson is the winner today.

Would love to go but I think demand for tickets in Germany will make it very hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Yeah would love to go myself and will definitely look into it but might have to settle for a London game I think

Anyone know how the distribution of Munich tickets will go? Like will Bayern season tickets holders get first dibs or members from NFL Europe teams??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Top of the division!

This first half has been …. Better than expected

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭al87987

Great result, I did have a sneaky feeling we would win this one.

Will watch the highlights at lunch, Go Hawks.

Scored 17 in the first half, zero in 2nd, held on when Denver missed a FG in the last minutes.

Defence looked solid. The TE's looked great. Geno had some nice scrambles and enough throws to keep it moving

• Advertisement

Watched the highlights, lots to like about the performance.

Won the game with a bit of luck and solid D. Geno started 13 for 13 which is a great confidence booster for him. Got lucky that his and Penny's fumbles both were recovered.

Live game on Sky tonight

That was a rough watch. Got beat in every facet of the game. Think the Lance injury makes them stronger. Cardinals pulled a win from nowhere too.

Ah well, we'll always have week 1.

Great game this week. Geno had the offence humming, Lions can't seem to stop anybody.

Our own defence is much the same, no confidence that they'll ever get a stop.

2-2 is not a bad start to the year, could have beaten Atlanta too.

Saints up next, they'll be on a tough week after that disastrous defeat in the London game and maybe still missing Jameis.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,333 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gotta say when you see how bad Wilson has been in Denver and how the bust that was Geno Smith is doing in Seattle you have to wonder if it's the coach and his system that's QB friendly and makes them look good.

3-3 ain't too bad at this stage, especially considering how weak our division looks.

Schedule looks to get a little tougher though from here on.

Losing Penny ain't great but Walker had a nice first game.

4 - 3 is better! :)

I don't think anyone expected this team to be where they are at this stage of the season. Top of the division and getting better! A wildcard playoff position is a realistic target given the strength of the NFC overall. There are a few fancied teams with real issues dragging them down.

Unfortunately I think DK may be done for the season but they just haven't officially confirmed it. They ruled him out of the game very quickly so could be ligaments.

Absolutely, great game all around except the DK stuff. Looks like he's done for alright although I have been impressed with Goodwin and the contribution from our TE's in recent games.

It's been a remarkably fun season so far with the defense coming along nicely, Walker now breaking out and Geno continuing to impress.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

Haven't been on boards in a while but felt like a good time to drop by this thread. I'm having much more fun watching this season than last couple of years (That's not a bash against Russ). The young guys are playing their asses off and feels like they are settling into a nice groove now. I really didn't think that the Giants game would have playoff implications for both teams so early in the season but here we are.

Geno is full of confidence, really hope DK's injury isn't season ending because the wr group isn't going to cut it for a full season. Woollen is a great find, hopefully he can keep this up and be in with a shout for DROY with Sauce Gardner

Tough last few weeks, can't run the ball too well and we're so porous on rush defense.

The Diggs missed interception and Homer fumble at the end of the 1st half back to back killed us last night.

Good news about the Broncos 1st round pick for next year but the season is deflating.

Lose to the Chiefs next week and we have to win last two games to finish 9-8 and have any chance of going through.

• Advertisement

Scraped into the playoffs. Thank you Detroit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,391 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Fair play to Detroit for going to Green Bay and putting in a performance with just pride at stake. Or maybe that says they do better when the pressure is off.

In the listings for Sky Max channel (the old Sky One I think?) next Saturday 9pm, they have full coverage of an NFL game so I think that's the Seahawks game?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

9:30pm kickoff @ 49ers. They are currently 10 point favourites which is fair enough given they are 2 - 0 against us this season.

How the game starts is crucial. We have a habit of playing abysmally in the first half of playoff games and leaving too much to do in the second. Not a chance this 49ers defence is going to let a lead slip.

I don't expect anything from this game, keep it competitive until half time and I'll be happy, think 49ers win the whole thing. Have to win the turnover battle by 2+ if we're to cause an upset.

Great season it must be said from very low initial expectations.

Yeah in Seattle you'd have had a chance, not much hope in Santa Clara

I agree that the 49ers win this game easy, but a rookie QB has never won a Super Bowl. Its a monumental task for Brock Purdy who was Mr Irrelevant in the draft. If he was a first round QB it would still be a big task.

Well they did what I asked and kept it competitive till half time, somehow we were even winning, with zero penalties, zero turnovers, Geno only missing one throw and an established run game. Played as good a half as this team can play even if we couldn't ever really stop the 49ers.

Everything changed in the 2nd half when we had the offensive lineman down the field penalty, a fumble and missed hold call on Metcalf who had a great game it must be said.

Sad to go out like that in the 2nd half, really missed Brooks, couldn't stop a crossing route or 20 yard throw to save our lives.

49ers are legitimate contenders even with Purdy, he was okay, but as long as he doesn't turn it over they can put up 30+ against anyone.

Good season, I hope we bring back Geno next year and give him some O-line help, in his press conference he said he would like to stay.

I've been involved with setting up the only official booster club for the Seahawks in Ireland, we are called Emerald Isle Sea Hawkers. There's a Facebook group and twitter account. We have competitions or raffles every month throughout the year, membership is €14 for a single or €25 for a family of up to 4. We will have watch parties for a few games this season too. Facebook group is free to join, but you have to be a card carrying member to enjoy all the membership benefits.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/717070226756348/?ref=share

That was a really bad performance in week 1, a real dampener to open the season.

We couldn't put any pressure on Stafford and 2 yards of offense in the 2nd half is pathetic.

DK needs to control himself, way too many stupid penalties against him.

• Advertisement

There's a watch party for Sunday in The Camden if any Seahawks fans are interested. Plenty of prizes on offer and meet fellow Seahawks fans

Advertisement