Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Hole in one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Thst hole in one has propelled him well.inside thectop 10 currently.

Hopefully he puts in a solid back 9 and puts himself in contention for tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

And an Eagle. Flying now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭paulos53

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What a round

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hole in one, hole out eagle and hole out long bunker shot!

In the clubhouse after a 63. Henley may be too far ahead depending on how he finishes tonight but he has given himelf a shout anyway for tomorrow. Another big finish and he will be well up the Ryder Cup world points list, and he is currently projected as no.1 in the fedex standings!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Some round, will be full of confidence heading into tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭coillcam

Hopefully, Seamie keeps his foot down and gets a few more breaks. He'll need it as Henley is in cruise control. The field needs a couple of early Henley mistakes to dent his confidence otherwise it should be plain sailing for him.

Nonetheless, a high finish for Seamie would be great for more ranking/fedex/RC points and in a stronger field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Panrich

If it was to finsh as is, he would go to the top of the FedEx rankings. That's not a bad look on anyones CV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Power 2 under and Henley 1 over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

I remember listening to him being interviewed on newstalk about 18 months ago and he certainly used the COVID period to make, and work on changes and he said he felt he was in a great place and hoped to start placing well in the tour.

There was just something about how he came across that I said to myself that he is one to watch.

Looks like his predictions were correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

There were a combination of things that looked to be basically holding him back. He had a bum for a coach and he sacked him, he got Simon on his bag and he needed surgery on an elbow issue. He was under so much pressure to play and play well to try keep his card that he couldn’t take time off until really he had no other option. The Bob Rotella thing probably did more for him than anyone thinks as well. I think his confidence was so low as well he just needed something to click for him and when that happened the rest of it fell into place.

Would be nice if he could get to 19 and out of the tie withe the others at 18. 19 might get 2nd or T2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Nothing really dropped today but another great weekend and kept us entertained on a Sunday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

where does he do in rankings?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Panrich

Well he's gone to the top of the FedEx Rankings.

Sitting on top of fedex, another chunk of owgr/ryder points too and probably close to $400k.

If one of his puts dropped on the last two greens he would have bagged about $300k more.

What a superb two weeks. He has 2023 set up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

• Advertisement

Up to 29th in the World Rankings now. 2023 could be magic for him. Feels like a lifetime ago that we were on here celebrating a made cut or him bagging $50k for finishing top 30 in tournaments. He’s finally arrived and he’s getting the attention he deserves now. I really do think he can step up again and contend in a major, like I said last week I think Augusta is made for his game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Great to see after those years dangling around the 125 mark

Seamus was briefly on top of the leaderboard after a fast start today. A bogey on his 8th hole has him currently 1 behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,477 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Went to check Flashscore to see how he was getting on, disappointed that I was going to have to start scrolling. A tri-colour at top of the screen caught my eye though, hopefully be a good night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

1 off the lead going down the last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Bogey on the last, unfortunately. Still likely to be another top ten and he will retain his position at number 1 in the FedEx Cup rankings.

A very costly dropped shot on the last. An unforgivable error from the middle of the fairway with a short iron in his hand. Could have cost himself $300,000 with the dropped shot. Still, another hugely impressive showing and 4 rounds in the mid 60s. I haven’t checked the stats but his birdie count is up near the top for the whole tour.

He’s consolidated his position at the top of the FedEx standings and should pass the $2m mark in earnings for the season before Christmas. Serious going from the man.

In fairness he was pushing to try and pick up a birdie. If he only wanted a par he would have aimed for the middle of the green, but he just slightly pulled the approach into that very deep bunker.

Its been an amazing 18 months for Seamus. As recently as June last year he was Monday qualifying.

Now he's a two time pga tour champion, Ranked inside the top 30 in the world, 5th on the World points list currently for Ryder Cup qualification, and will sit clear at the top of the FedEx rankings for Christmas, and won about $6.5m in that time span.

One thing for sure, the turkey and will taste lovely this Christmas for him, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭dublin49

6 footer missed on 16 killed his hopes,still a great week and if you are in on 18th on the final day well thats all you can ask for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Unforgivable error is a bit much, there are a lot of ifs, buts or maybes over 72 holes from all players.

Completely agree with the rest of your post, serious start to the season and very impressive that he has been able to target this part of the season once again.

Unfortunately he gets no Ryder cup points for his 5th place finish as it clashed with a Rolex event on the European tour. That has resulted in him dropping out of the top 6 in the standings.

Ah he had a wedge in his hand from 146 yards in the middle of the fairway, he missed it 10 yards. A birdie wouldn’t have been enough anyway but a poor way to end a very good week.

He has a good break now before Hawaii and he absolutely loved it down there last year so hopefully a good showing in January now to kickstart 2023 which could be another life changing year for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Salvadoor

Seamus is back in the saddle tonight at the no-cut $15m Tournament of Champions. He'll get $200k for last place or $2.7m for winning.

He tees off in the 2nd group tonight at 7:35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Strong start. 5 under after 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Finished -5 and tied 11th. Good start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭boardise

Good first round without doubt but a lame finish saw him slide from first down to 17th. A lot of big names are up there so while Seamus is in line for a good whack of prizemoney he'll need to keep that birdie machine humming.

Incidentally I saw where the last par 5 measured 676 yds y'day. Kinda crazy really and yet guys still grabbing a bundle of birdies there -8 of the top 10 bagged a birdie -with drives measuring up to 393 yds ! Definitely not the same game I'm playing .😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭OEP

It's downhill and often down wind with the prevailing wind I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭coillcam

It's an odd course and there's a Par 5 that's over 500 yards too. Must be some craic to play for the average golfer even off the appropriate tees.

It’s a 7500+ yard course in name only. It plays about 6000 in reality. With the winds, the severe downhill slopes & easy layout these guys take it apart for fun. -34 won it last year I think was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,934 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tied 12th, highly unlikely he wins it but a high finish is very possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭boardise

Eagle at 5th the only highlight - otherwise death by driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭phelimb

Feels wrong that shooting -6 on the weekend actually dropped Seamus down about 10 spots or so. Any round worse than -4 or -5 sends you in the wrong direction!

I guess it'll mean about 200k or so in prize money but a higher finish was certainly there for him...

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Salvadoor

$213k for tied 25th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

He really seemed to struggle on the back 9 of that course compared everyone else

Only 4 under for the week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

It's comforting to know that had I been eligible to play in this event I would have earned $201,000 and almost the same amount that Seamus earned.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just shy a PGA tour card and PGA win, you were almost there

Seamus is closing in on the $10m career earnings mark on the PGA Tour now. $10.1m career earnings would put him inside the top 200 career earnings.

An unbelievable first round from Seamus in Abu Dhabi today. -6 for his last 10 holes & no bogeys. He made a great par save to keep his momentum going on his back 9. He has put himself in a great position and if the wind blows, scoring might not be that low over the weekend so another solid round tomorrow would put him in with a great shout. This is one of the big ones on the European Tour and a strong showing with Luke Donald watching closely would do him the world of good.

I think bar an alarming drop in form, he’s a guaranteed Ryder Cup player. To contend in the limited number of European events he’ll play will do his confidence the world of good. He’s had two great years, I think an even better one is coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Seamie played in the group in front of Luke Donald for the first 2 rounds. And he is playing with him for the last 2 rounds. Hopefully he has been impressing the captain :)

Seamus back with a bang tonight, shooting -7 to jump into contention after a quiet 1st day

• Advertisement
Advertisement