Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

And thousands sitting on the edge of the hole but they don't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Bogey on 1. Hit a great 2nd to approx 6ft on 2. Putting for Eagle.

And gets it!

It’s all gone very badly wrong on the final two holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

+4 for last 2 holes. Some dreadful shots.🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ya, I was wondering what the #### did Seamus do. I seen that he was -3 after 16(thinking it would be nice if he could pick up 1 more shot), then I see he's -1 after 17 and +1 after 18. All that good work thrown away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

Yes. Two wide left drives on both the final holes.

A poor bogey on the 18th from the middle of the fairway to finish on +1 but he's around for the weekend.

He'll need 2 good rounds to catch Koepka though 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Motivator

He was absolutely fuming in his interview after the round it’s the first time I’ve ever seen that from him. He wasn’t rude or anything like that but you could see it in his face and in his responses. Two double bogeys in a row knock you out of the tournament and he knew it.

Strong finish with 3 birdies from Seamus for +1 to finish in 40th position on +2 currently. Hopefully can push on a bit more in final round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭boardise

After he got on a roll with 3 successive birdies he then collapses with some really loose play for 5 bogeys in next 8 holes. Sad to see but his touch with all clubs has deserted him -especially the putter ( the eternal mantra)

• Advertisement

46th: $55,800 -- Sepp Straka, Seamus Power ($54,000 each)

Not a bad weekend's work!

Nice cheque but it wouldn’t even cover expenses for the week at the Masters.

Seamus needs to start finding a bit of form now coming into the summer months. He’s hit a bit of a bad patch and some big tournaments coming up now in the next 2-3 months.

Awful start today for Seamus, +6 for his round including a triple bogey 7 on the 18th.

His poor enough start to 2023 is continuing, maybe a week at one of the lesser events to get his confidence back is maybe what he needs. Statistically it’s one of his poorest few months for a long time. As I said a few days ago, this dip in form couldn’t be coming at a worse time. As he won’t qualify automatically he has to play his way into the Ryder Cup team and on current form you wouldn’t pick him. Plenty of time to turn it around but his form has been poor for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

I agree about his form, but expenses of over $50k for the week? How do you arrive at that figure?

Last year he rented 3 houses in Augusta, one of which was picked up by his sponsors I believe but he had friends and family over and as far as I know he looked after them. A house in Augusta for the week would run you $20,000 easily and then another one on top of it you’re edging ever closer to big, big money. He also flew out Liam Deasy, the head chef in the Old Head of Kinsale for the week to look after him and the group he had over there.

As far as I know, they had the same arrangement last week. I know Liam went over to do all the food again for the week and friends and family were over again.

Great to se Seamus back in the mix after a few poor tournaments.

Rounds of -2, -1, -4 leaves him on -7 tied 12th in Quail Hollow.

A very solid week for Seamus at Quail Hollow. Some nice money earned and some nice FedEx points picked up also. Heading into the Byron Nelson now this week, it’s a tournament and course he likes so hopefully he puts in another solid week ahead of the PGA. The course up in Rochester should suit him and he performed very well last year in the PGA so you never know. He’s coming into his time of year now he’s played well the last 2 summers so a big few months ahead.

I just wonder has the Ryder Cup taken too much of his focus. He’s absolutely desperate to make the team and his form may have suffered as a consequence. I think he’ll be on the team unless something drastic happens form wise or he gets an injury. He should be able to play without pressure as he has his card locked up and he’s inside the top 50 but this Ryder Cup thing is rumbling on for so long now and it’s not going away anytime soon so there has to be pressure associated with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,491 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

285,000 dollars won at the weekend. Well done Seamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Doc07

Good 2nd round -5 today so top 20 heading into weekend, hopefully stays there or makes top10 and keeps his fed ex topped up, although scoring will be low I’d say.

anyway he’s back in some reasonable form in time for the PGA next week

Looks like a great recovery. He started on the back 9 and was +2 after 4 holes. 7 birdies over next 14.

• Advertisement

I didn't see this but it looks horrific. One shot went 6 inches 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭OEP

I didn't see it either but it was probably a chip up a steep run off that rolled back down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭boardise

Seamus talked a good game coming in -seemed pretty buoyed up but alas -----

Thought he would have been well able to manage a cut of +5. And again he keeps racking up these wretched bogey 6s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭dublin49

Why do they jink themselves by" I CAN WIN THIS" quotes,keep it low key and if its your week ,share after the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

They're not ringing the local newspaper, they do an awful lot of interviews, they have to say something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭coillcam

With a mic in your face and sponsors etc watching, you're hardly going to say: "Jaysus the back is twitchy and I'd 8 pints last night, haven't a hope of a top 10. Making the cut would be grand like". Any coach never mind a sports psychologist, will tell you to believe it and say it. "I can win this" is about as ABC 101 as it comes.

I think I can win is about as standard as the same boring GAA/Soccer/Rugby interview that pops up weekly. Trust the process, great team of lads, respect the opposition, bounce of the ball, key decisions (blame ref) etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Seamus always seems to be out of form this time of year. In 2022 between the Wells Fargo and the end of the season he had one top ten, four missed cuts and three finishes of 30th or worse. That's in twelve tournaments. His best two finishes were in the PGA and US Open. It's like he's trying to be in prime condition for the Majors. Sometimes that works out, other times it's a disaster.

That PGA was very difficult. Look at Jon Rahm who loves difficult courses and he had an awful championship. Tony Finau came into it in great form and finished on +15. Justin Thomas and Max Homa struggled mightily. Jason Day, Matt Fitzpatrick and Wyndham Clark were all recent winners with other top tens in recent weeks and they all missed the cut as did Mr Consistency Cam Young.

I wouldn't pass any heed on how anybody played there.

They'll get another crack at a brutal course in three weeks time and nobody knows anything about this course which will make it very interesting. It could be level par or worse that wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Hard to see Power making the Ryder Cup. Looks like another missed cut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Yeah...his form has fallen off a cliff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Scrabbel

Pity, it'll come back but timing will be the problem alright.

Advertisement