Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RickBlaine

This has been my favourite season in years. There isn't a weak link in the cast at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,211 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just one point in the series between Sarah and Dara!

Fun tasks.

The obvious thing with the tail one was to use string but John still managed to kinda mess it up 😂

The hand one - fair play to Sarah. But Munya worked it out well too.

In studio one was solid but curse you trick Henry the hoover!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Taskmaster New Year's Treat line-up revealed. The line-up is....

• Amelia Dimoldenberg
    • Carol Vorderman
    • Sir Mo Farah
    • Greg James
    • Rebecca Lucy-Taylor/Self-Esteem

Haven't a notion who Amelia and Rebecca are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I've seen Amelia in an Olay ad, but I don't know what she's actually famous for. RLT is a singer-songwriter. She was on House of Games there recently. Seemed good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,211 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Self-esteem/Rebecca Lucy is really talented and quite funny.

I would say Mo Farah will be interesting he did smash it in the cube to be fair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Amelia became well known (I'm not sure if famous really applies here) for her YouTube channel Chicken Shop Dates, where she interviews various celebrities in fried chicken restaurants. Only ever seen one episode, her interviewing style is sort of deliberately awkward. She could be interesting on a one off Taskmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭griffin100

Fern and John doing the snort - raspberry - whistle task this week was TM gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Dara's performance and the production of John's one minute play was superb. Genuinely impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've seen Amelia on Soccer AM where they showed bits from her Chicken Shop Date thing, and Rebecca Lucy-Taylor was on Richard Osman's House of Games recently. I'd say they both have potential to be good on Taskmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They struck absolute gold with Fern for that task. That was hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yeah, I thought it was a disgrace that John got more for 'writing' his than Dara got for his actual play. Dara's performance made John's play into some good. (And I do realise it's only a bit of fun.) 😉

Fern doing 'Snort-Raspberry-Whistle' was hilarious. 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I've only heard of Carol Vorderman & Mo Farah on the New Year Treat.

Don't know about the others but Vorderman's fake "ha ha ha" laugh puts me off straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I've seen Carol on other shows where I thought she was drunk. If she turns up half-pissed it might be tolerable!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Probably the best series since series 7. Amazing throughout. Fern was surprisingly the star, she was absolutely hilarious.

Can't believe they got Frankie Boyle for the next series. Holy sh*t....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Solid lineup next series bar the random Jenny Eclair.

Frankie and Ivo will be fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RickBlaine

I'll miss this season a lot. They struck gold with this incredible cast. All of them got big laughs from me throughout the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cracking episode, cracking series. One of the best casts they've had, they all brought their own bit of brilliance.Can't wait for next year, Frankie and Ivo will be great.

Ferns second gig went on sale today for a show in Vicar Street next June for anyone who wants to see more of her.

Kiel Smyth Bionne and Jenny Éclair I don't find remotely entertaining but Frankie and Ivo have been 2 contestants I've wanted on the show for quite some time

Easily the best of the Channel 4 seasons. John and Fern will go down as 2 of my favourite contestants ever (Dara not far behind)

Delighted Dara won, found Sarah to be the least entertaining of the 5

I've never heard of him, but I don't mind her too much, although it's been a very long time since I've seen her. Really looking forward to Frankie Boyle and Ivo Graham, but I haven't been impressed with the little I've seen of Mae Martin to date. That said, I thought the same about John Kearns before this series and he was massively entertaining, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I see the show.

Ths series was definitely one of the best in years, looking forward to seeing Dara O'Briain on the next Champion of Champions.

• Advertisement

People surprised by how good Fern and John were honestly need to watch more of Dave and Comedy Central's original shows.. they've been established there for a long time but TM picks them and fires them to a new level..

While we're at it - here's Phil Wang masterfully roasting Fern Brady (2 minutes in - give or take):

https://youtu.be/cUPaqcocQeY

"Trans Fred Flintstone" gets me every time.

Comedy Central is mostly where I've seen John Kearns, on that show Guessable. The show is fine, I'd watch it if I'd nothing better to do, but he makes me want to turn it off every time, I just don't find him at all funny on it. But he was like a different person on Taskmaster.

Understood.. the role is a bit 2D for him alright!

Try Richard Herring's interview with him on RHLSTP:

Genuinely hilarious and puts Richard on the backfoot more than once, which is a common trend in all the best episodes of RHLSTP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Delighted dara won! Absolutely Loved this series

I was actually slightly nervous for Dara in that last episode. I'd have been a bit gutted had Sarah ended up winning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Fantastic series, the best in quite a while. All contestants were great in their own way but John Kearns was the standout for me. Dara getting so exasperated with him in the team tasks was gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Caught up with the last episode, I had never heard of him before but John Kearns was very good, he plays the sad sack very well. Fern was good and Dara played the older smart part, I think the balance between the personalities was very good which is really what makes things work.

Has anyone been watching season 2 of Outsiders? Probably the closest alternative to Taskmaster, finding it very enjoyable(season 1 was very good too) . Phil Wang and Joe Wilkinson are in season 2, both are very funny in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Finally finished this series, it really was the best in a long time! Delighted for Dara!

• Advertisement

New Year special was so so. Self Esteem was the pick of the bunch

Advertisement