Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,512 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Thanks for the heads-up. Outside of the app itself, have you come across a good listing of new additions for Amazon Prime Ireland?

I can find lists for US version, but that doesn't always track for Ireland.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't have Prime so can't confirm accuracy but does justwatch work for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yeah I use that in general too pretty accurate

Thanks for the tip, yeah that looks good.

And if I set release year this to this year I can get a good idea of what is 'new' Amazon Prime content.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭delboy85

I'm up to episode 5 of "The Devil's Hour". I think it's just okay. It feels like something you'd see on BBC1. Solid but unremarkable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

What the hell is up with Prime? Lot of shows are now geo blocked and you have to buy others and prices are in sterling???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I watched a movie with Woody Harellson about two soldiers that are assigned the mission of informing the next of kin of deceased soldiers killed in action.

The Messenger (2009) is a very good film

Can you name a couple of the shows you are seeing as geo-blocked?

Watching first episode of Three Pines. It is set in Canada, brings in tensions with indigenous communities in Quebec. Main actor is Brit Alfred Molina who is very good in it as a detective in the Maigret mould. Reminds me of Cardinal also. I like what I have seen so far but wonder how well they will stretch it out into a series.

I gave up after episode 3...I was pretty confused tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭steve_r

Are the Premier League games on the 26th on Amazon Prime ROI or is that just for the UK?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Just for U.K., on Premier Sports here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭gidget

Post deleted

Post edited by gidget on

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Debub

Does anyone know if John Wick (part one) is on Prime please? I can see part 2 and 3, but not one

thanks

Only 2 ad 3 there on mine when I searched.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Mike Flanagan to Adapt Stephen King's Dark Tower for Amazon

In the wake of moving from an overall deal with Netflix to Amazon, writer/director Mike Flanagan and his longtime executive producer Trevor Macy have revealed that they have acquired the rights to a screen adaptation of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower. Flanagan said to Deadline in an interview that he’s already written a pilot script and season outlines for the show, and imagines a series that will run for five seasons and culminated by two self-contained feature films.

The Dark Tower is, at it’s core, a Western. It fuses science-fantasy and horror and sets in the frame of a classic Americana tradition. The plot follows Roland of Gilead as he chases down the mysterious man in black. It’s a very contained story, weaving worldbuilding and travelogue, and when it was first published as a series fo five short stories, fans immediately latched onto it’s genre-mashing and King’s grim style. King later revised and expanded the Dark Tower series, which now stands at eight novels.

https://gizmodo.com/mike-flanagan-stephen-king-dark-tower-amazon-1849868950

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,956 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh wow, that's a helluva swing. I don't blame Flanagan for bailing on Netflix. Doctor Sleep was way better than it ever had any right to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Please be good, please be good, please be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Thats amazing news. He seems to have an affinity for King adaptations (or creating shows in a similar vein). I'd love to see this series being tackled properly. After so many false starts over the years, it felt like the failure of the movie squashed all future plans.

Only surprise here is that Amazon are willing to fund yet another sprawling fantasy series, having so recently invested in Wheel of Time and Lord of the Rings. I hope that, once started, they can see the series through to its conclusion (something I doubt will happen with Wheel of Time).

New Christmas film added called something from tiffanys its not too bad at all if you fancy a sappy romantic Christmas flick. Zoey Deutch (who is in one of the most underrated recent romcoms set it up) is really good as the lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

‘God of War’ TV Series a Go at Amazon

The streamer has greenlit a series based on the award-winning PlayStation game God of War. The Wheel of Time’s Rafe Judkins will serve as showrunner on the adaptation, and Oscar nominees Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (Children of Men, Iron Man, The Expanse) are writing and executive producing with Judkins.

Sony Pictures Television and Amazon Studios are producing God of War in association with PlayStation Productions.

God of War is a compelling, character-driven franchise that we believe will captivate our global customers as much with its expansive and immersive worlds as its rich storytelling,” Vernon Sanders, head of global television at Amazon Studios, said in a statement. “We are honored to share in the adventure of exploring the God of War mythology in such a momentous way with Sony Pictures Television, PlayStation Productions and [game developer] Santa Monica Studio.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/amazon-god-of-war-tv-series-1235281943/

I usually watch prime through a fire stick but I recently got myself a Chromecast with Google tv and the amount of different movies that Ive came across that you wouldn't find after scrolling every genre on the fire stick.

Not sure if it's down to different platforms or what but I might try the PS4 next and maybe the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Really? You'd think it's the same account just different streaming medium. I also use a firestick and generally give up on prime when looking for a movie!

Yes 100% on the home screen without opening the prime app on the Chromecast, there is folders there from most of the streaming apps and here you'll find many movies on prime that you wouldn't normally see whilst within the prime app.

So prime app looks to be the same on both Chromecast and FS but it's the home screen on Google where the difference is.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

The biggest issue with making an effective Dark Tower series is the scope of the whole thing. There are 8 novels and other short stories/novellas, but as any fan will tell you, it goes well beyond that, e.g. The Stand is heavily tied into the Dark Tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Lads is there anyway I can watch the football being shown on prime UK today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Not on Prime but you can get Sky Sports extra on nowtv for a fiver for a month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My Prime experience:

Programmes I don't want to watch = Available

Programmes I want to watch = "Not available in your country"

• Registered Users Posts: 48,153 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anyone who was watched Three Pines that can give feedback on whether it’s worth starting ?

• Advertisement

Yeah I liked it.

It's a little different to your normal who done it concept with there being a different murder every two episodes.

The lead detective is a very likeable character and there's a few others that have there moments.

Advertisement