Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Three have stopped using phone credit for Prime Video membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I notice they added the first 2 seasons of 'The Handmaids Tale' so it's all up there for watching now, might finally get around to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Here's a list of all new additions to Prime Video

• Registered Users Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Anyone watched the devil's hour yet? Reviews look really strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. I'll stick with it.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 24,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Binged the first 5 episodes of The Devil's Hour over the bank holiday and would have finished it out last night other than it was 2am when we finished episode 5... hoping it ties itself up nicely as there's a lot to bring together/explain in the last episode...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Very similar, I had to make myself switch it off at midnight last night when episode 5 finished. It's very good, I hope the last episode isn't a huge let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

The last episode is by far the best episode. Very good mini series overall.

hi, I've an irish prime video account and just finished season 4 of vikings and when I went to season 5 I can't watch episode 1,2,3,4 but I can watch 5 and 7...I can put them on my watch list but no option to play. .does anyone else have this issue..watching on my smart TV app..also all of season 7 of fear walking dead seens unavailable

• Advertisement

Search for Season 5 again. You will locate a block with all episodes intact rather than continued watch from one you ended up in.

Season 7 of Fear the Walking Dead isn't there because it hasn't dropped on the platform yet.

Thanks for the reply but even when I search for vikings as a block when I select it …only some episodes are available..it’s very strange..I also tried using app on mobile device and it’s the same

I checked there when I search for it on app 'Vikings', two season 5 part 1's appear and yes the top one has all episodes the bottom of which then you are referring I'd say just episodes 5 and 7 showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,178 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I get two results as well but it is the bottom one the that has all of season 5. The top one starts at episode 5. The one on the bottom left in this pic

Thanks everyone…went into the search and just searched “vikings” and not “vikings season 5” as I did before and all episodes are available..worked on iPad app and also worked on app on smart tv..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,178 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I watched the first 3 episodes of The Devil's Hour last night with Peter Capaldi. Genuinely unnerving and creepy. Can't wait for the last 3 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I finished The Devil's Hour and really enjoyed it. I would like a second season, although it could stand perfectly well as a one-off. Strong performances from the cast and a lot of characters to care about. Only thing I didn't really like was the use of music in certain scenes which didn't add anything imo.

If you like how it resolved the overall storyline in the final episode, check out this book which deals with a similar concept:

'Replay' by Ken Grimwood. About a man who dies in his early forties and reawakens as his 18-year-old self with all his memories of the future intact.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Just finished The Devil's Hour.

Brilliant watch.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

What's the lastest on purchasing prime video content? Using revolut temp card linked to PM address no longer seems to work. Any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Neighbours is back: Amazon resurrects hit soap

Three months after it stopped broadcasting, the Australian soap is being revived for a new series by the streaming giant, starring favourite old characters

Amazon clearly believe that everybody needs good Neighbours. After the long-running antipodean soap opera stopped broadcasting in July, the streaming giant has decided to save it.

A new series will start filming in Australia next year, after the production company Fremantle signed a deal with Amazon Freevee. A number of fan favourites are due to return, including Stefan Dennis as Paul Robinson, Alan Fletcher as Karl Kennedy, Jackie Woodburne as Susan Kennedy and Ryan Moloney as Toadie Rebecchi.

“Neighbours is a unique series with a powerful connection with its fans across the world,” said Jennifer Mullin, Fremantle’s CEO. “We cherish the show and all those who have been part of its incredible story over many decades, so we are thrilled that we have found a new home.”

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/nov/17/neighbours-soap-opera-australia-to-return-on-amazon?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

But ... ... why?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AJB39

Is Amazon Freevee available in Ireland or might it end up on Amazon Prime here?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

A film added recently called The People we hate at the wedding.

Top notch cast Alison Janney, Ben Platt and Kristen Bell.

It's formulaic but watchable and entertaining I thought.

No it isn't but if they are Freevee originals they likely be on there here alright.

If its licensed content (e.g. 30 Rock) that's on there you wanting unlikely to be on Prime at same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

New addition to the library- a run of the mill 80s actioner made prestigious by the always compelling Rutger Hauer. It reminded me of an 80's version of Kuffs. Gene Simmons could have broke into acting based on his performance as the bad guy. Its a really fun flick and a reminder how great Hauer was in his prime

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I enjoyed it right up to the last few minutes. I didn’t like how it ended.

Not saying it was bad ending, just that I found it unsatisfying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Has anyone else been having problems with Prime over the last few hours?

several times it has gone to a black screen with the buffering icon - sometimes it resumes or jumps ahead

other streamers are working fine.

Advertisement