Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla/Lithium stocks discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Same as that.

When Tawana went bust, I lost 2k. I liquidated positions I had in Pilbarra & Magnis ASAP ....(fool me once etc. ). Wouldn't touch anything on the ASX again.

Have done plenty good on other US & EU stuff.....thank you very much 👍

Post edited by littlevillage on

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Liontown is another one, that another lad on here bought very low. He's up on 5 figures now.

I had 1000 shares in PLS, and got an extra 131 at a discount through their share offering, or what ever it's called. I'm down in 6 other shares, some big, some small. But the gains I have in PLS give me a plus overall.

I had PLS, TAW and Carnaby Resources on the ASX. Lost out big on TAW but have made loads on PLS and Carnaby these last few months and I'll hopefully be using the losses on TAW to offset my capital gains from PLS and Carnaby which I'm starting to sell off and take profits on. Hopefully the TAW disaster will be sorted soon once and for all so it's removed from my Degiro account.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭kerry_man15

Thanks Thargor, I'm Irish but based in Oz so was curious as to how you buy ASX stocks there. I agree on Lithium and all the battery metals, massive demand and will be for many years. Was in Galaxy (GXY) and ORE (Orocobre) in the past. They have now merged. I'm big on copper and graphite too and have Carnaby (CNB) and Renascor (RNU) in my portfolio. Also got on some recent IPO's (CPM) Cooper Metals and GT1 (Green Technology Metals...one of the founders of PLS is chairman here). It's a very exciting space to be in!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Make sure you dump whatever few Midas Minerals shares you were given in exchange for TAW just in case if claiming cgt on the TAW shares.

• Advertisement

I'm planning on buying more exposure to a few every time I get paid this year. My biggest regret is AVZ, looked at them but didn't jump, missed a 10 bagger there and they're still going.

Good strategy. have been doing similar here. Topped up on CNB several times over the past few years. Currently researching more Lithium shares, GL1 and CXO are others that look interesting.

I've got CNB in my portfolio for the past few years and have bought several times, it finally broke out last month! Missed out on PLS but have been following their progress.

Hadn't thought to do that. Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Can you give some more insight into AVZ please?

• Advertisement

Tesla FSD price gone up to 12k. I figure that it is being priced so that people won't buy it and if they do they'll be the King's new clothes where those who do buy it embarrassed to admit it doesn't work well and keep quiet.

Electric Semi promised 2017 introduction in 2019

cyber truck promised 2019 introduction in late 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭littlevillage

If you want exposure to Lithium, buy Albemarle or SQM on NYSE.... nevermind ASX nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

I'm based in Australia but will be moving back to Ireland later this year. PLS gone beyond my wildest dreams at this stage! Not looking forward to moving back to the Irish CGT regime! I've invested in AVZ before and got out for a decent profit but it's too much of a gamble for me given where it's located and the political volatility added to everything else. I've invested in story stocks in Africa before and vowed to never do it again!

Don't know much about AVZ tbh, one of the largest Li deposits in the world, based in The Congo (DRC). Market Cap of 3bn already. Close to production, scheduled for Q1 2023. Pretty massive market cap already but room to grow still. Established LI producers on the ASX are valued at over $6bn.

Like FernandoTorres mentioned, I also find it a bit of a gamble with investing in some of the African countries due to the political instability, corruption etc.

I've focused on some up and coming Li explorers like LTR (Liontown) CXO (Core Lithium) both around 1BN market cap. and some new IPO's GreenTech (GT1) and GL1 (Global Lithium) with great projects and market caps of $160m and $260m approx. GT1 is head up by the founder of PLS (Pilbara Minerals) so worth watching.

Price of lithium is going parabolic. Now at 327,500 Yuan per ton, up 506% in twelve months. Massive supply constraints across the board and the legacy carmakers still havent even attempted to transition which they absolutely have to do now.

I have to buy a house soon and I thought Id be cleaning out my portfolio to do it but Ill have to dump all my crypto instead, cant risk selling lithium at this point, companies like PLS are 10 year holds at this point imo.

Sunday night should be good aswell, Chiles government saying no more foreigners ripping us off cancelling a few recent lithium contracts, that should spook things even further + Kazakhstan + whatever the Congo decides to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Anyone eyeballed Lepidico, LPD on the ASX?

One of the natural resources people I follow has done some extensive DD on them and they kind of look attractive to me. Can't quite figure out why I haven't bought them yet.

For PLS there's 2 options on Degiro- Aussie Exchange (not available to trade on Degiro) and the Euro

Which one would be the better buy & what platform do people recommend for ASX please?

Its definitely tradeable in ASX on Degiro I bought a month ago on there, Degiro do seem to just update the price every 24 hours for some reason, trades go through in real time accurate to the cent when the Aussie markets are open though.

Yours is a common question about dual listed shares, tbh it doesnt make much difference as long as its a company with good volume and liquidity, if the gap got too big people would pile into whatever market was cheaper to exploit the difference and it would equalise in price, it happens all the time.

Listen PLS has been on an insane run lately and is probably due one of its many pullbacks, nothing I say in here is investment advice or a buy recommendation, Im happy to hold and see what happens but Im up bigtime on my buys because Ive held so long, its dropped 50% in the past a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Rivian just cannot stop falling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

• Registered Users Posts: 34 KrazyKMM

Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but it deals with EVs. Any thoughts on NIO stock? Are LI or XPEV better?

Anything in particular behind Tesla's recent spike? Fairly phenomenal!

The world is going EV sooner rather than later thanks to crazy fuel prices and meme stocks seem to be coming back into demand (not that TSLA could be classed as meme but Musk is part of the whole ecosystem)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Short again from 800.

He can't have many rabbits left.

Let's gogogogogogo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Bump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Not really sure what way Lithium is gonna head at this stage.

Seems to be on the way down after the talk of Chinese subsidies coming to an end and possible Covid/recession fears. Hard to know if Tesla circus is dragging on it as well. Thinking I should have got out in November, hindsight as usual.

Advertisement