Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Nobody cares about Covid anymore"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

most were probably less than two years away from death anyway, lockdown was about extending the life of those aged eighty five to eighty eight

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I still wear a mask in busy shops and on flights.

Nobody in real life has ever said anything negative to me about wearing masks.

As far as I can see most people are happy to let others make their own mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Covid alone killed very few. The poster is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,765 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Possibly, I'm just going with the official figures. I'm sure your stats from the pandemic are very different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭seanin4711

what do you mean anymore?I never did!

had it paddys week on day 4 i was back training.on to the next pandemic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I'm in Ireland I would assume people in certain jobs will be asked have they been vaccinated eg people who work in cafes or upmarket restaurants .I don't expect staff to ask the public ,have you been vaccinated? Would a dentist employ someone who is not vaxxed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭RoTelly

No, I don't think so. At this point you do not have to be vaccinated before starting a job or that an employer can ask if you are vaccinated or that an employer insists you be vaccinated.

If the person is the best qualified then yes no matter if the are vaxxed or not you employ them.

Should we ask our medical professionals if they have been vaxxed?

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ Cup

I care about it ‘cause I just caught the fecking thing again. That’s twice in three months after thinking I was super immune, and being well vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

What of it ?, my wife caught it November 21 and March 22 , I got it in March , it’s a dose which is harmless to the vast majority of people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It will never be forgotten by people who were treated like leper’s because they decided to say no

True heroes of their time. They didn't wear masks, social distancing rules didn't apply to them, they didn't get vaccinated and took up 80% of ICU wards. They really stuck it to the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I honestly couldn't give a sh!te about covid. Covid has had its day as far as I'm concerned, time to forget about it and live your life

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Yes how smart you are to refuse a Vax that can save your life and also stop you from infecting other vulnerable people that may be older than you or not as healthy as you no man is an island yes you are really a rebel

or maybe you are a stupid idiot

If they government was giving away pills that make you live 10 years longer

some people would not take them and say

its some kind of mind control scam

Post edited by riclad on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

They don't stop the virus from spreading, they thought it would but sadly they were wrong.

It would have been a great achievement if it worked that way.

That's why now they're suggesting vaccination for the vulnerable and elderly first and foremost.

Healthy people have an option, but the vaccines alone won't stop the spread.

No possibly. Very few died from Covid alone.

Pre existing conditions, old age, obesity. These were the difference of a cold or death

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭RoTelly

This is partially correct. TBH, Having looked at the stats that the government initially gave I will agree, yes, but then as those stats reversed they stop publishing meanwhile those same stats showed of those that died 80% were fully vaxxed while 20% were not vaxxed. These are HSE figures. If you can give me those stats for the very few currently in ICU with covid over the last few months I am happy to be corrected on this. But I don't see any up to date Irish stats. I doubt the stats reversed for deaths. Last week 39 deaths were reported.

Again the vax does not stop you from infecting others weather vulnerable or not, while on balance for a healthy/young person the vax generally seem lacking any benefits, with the vax if you get infected it will be mild, same if you are young/healthy and you will spread Covid if you are vaxxed or not.

Cameron didn't go to the launch of Avatar because he got covid, it was because he could still spread covid, if he was a 25 years old (and healthy) an unvaxed most likely he would have the same outcome.

You should during winter months consider supplement with Vit D, Vit K2, with a balanced diet, keep active and avoid crowded places where possible. This will help to prevent almost most winter bugs.

If anything the pandemic should have proved how important a balanced diet and exercise is to helping your immune system.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Do people really still think that if you aren't vaccinated covid is a death sentence? Each booster has had decreasing uptake, so most people would be 'unvaccinated' at this point, considering protection wanes within months. Anywhere that still publishes these stats show that most hospitalisations and deaths are in vaccinated and boosted people now and have been for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,553 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I don't wear masks anymore except if I go to the GP or the Hospital which is thankfully very rare.

I see very few people wearing them. The odd person on public transport wears them but that is about it. I still sanitise my hands when I go to the shops and if they have no sanitiser I use my Dettol hand wipes.

I think we need to just live with it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Have now had it twice (as of last week🙄).Have wasted enough of my life on this virus.Somehow it caused asthma to be "switched on" for me first time round (don't ask!), and I am learning to deal with that, but I only tested and stayed at home for a few days last week out of courtesy for my fellow workers and family members, and due to the time of year.

Life goes on otherwise.I loathed every second of all of those restrictions we had to put up with it.I got the 3 vaccines, I did what I was meant to do, and I have moved on.

If you chose to wear a mask or wash her hands that is 100% your perogative.A person shouldn't be criticised for it by any means, but it is personal choice.I could have picked it up absolutely anywhere last week - the most likely culprit is a restuarant I went to for a christmas lunch with my work team.I can't filter my life to suit covid, or risk assess every situation for germs I might catch - while my kids go into primary classrooms every day and are exposed to a battery of germs they might bring home - so we're moving on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

I was never bothered about covid.

It was only the old and the sick who had any real risk of getting sick from covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ Cup

It’s a dose, and I caught it. So, I care about Covid.

Millions died as a result of Covid. Those are the figures.

If you have "other" figures, please share.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭deirdremf

You are generalising, but mostly your message is codswallop.

Certainly, when they whole thing kicked oof almost everyone I saw anywhere I shopped was wearing a mask, and the social distancing rules were fairly rigorously adhered to. Of course, there were plenty of stories about people travelling a bit further than they were meant to, and young people partying. But then at that stage, everyone was unvaxxed, and the vast majority complied. And because there was no vaccine, 100% of ICU beds were taken up by the unvaccinated (hey, has the government doubled the no of ICU beds as they promised to do?) - it wouldn't come as a great surprise to find out that those numbers are included in your overall figure of 80%.

The measures used to get people to accept the vaccination were draconian and widely resented. While most people went along with them, the decreasing uptake in booster shots tells its own story. At this stage people have mostly filed 2020-2021 away and are trying to forget about those two years of hysteria.

It was actually higher than 80% at certain points, at one point in time, hospitals were stating up to 90% (and higher) of their ICU Covid patients were unvaccinated.

As for the stats, proportionally more unvaccinated (representing less than 5% of adults) die than vaccinated (representing 95% of adults)

The vaccines don't stop transmission or infection, they reduce it (depending on variant). They significantly reduce hospitalization/death from the disease (depending on variant).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

No doubt 5 million of those were of people already on their deathbeds. Or like the motorcycle accident victim who had his death chalked down as covid near the start of the pandemic.

Millions died with Covid. No doubt about it.

Old age, obesity and pre existing conditions were a co contributor

The measures used to get people to accept the vaccination were draconian and widely resented.

First part of this sentence is conspiracy theory stuff and the second is untrue. Polls showed a majority of people supported the measures.

• Advertisement

In the US for example, around 100 people under the age of 50 were dying each day as a result of Covid.

Advertisement