Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

I'm on Abbey Heights myself although could have sworn Pocket the Profit won a week ago but apparently finished second.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

and i'm on Vespasian in that Wolverhampton race

8.30 Wolverhampton

go with Pop Favorite 14/1 each way, and Stranger Things 9/1 win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I made a rookie mistake here not going with Pocket the Profit that was in my notebook - that was weaker race which I failed to notice. I thought Abbey had more potential to improve but it didn't work out, pissed off as usual.

Same as today in first in Lingers, my notebook told me Calonne but due to lack of current run I got swayed by well handicapped Mumayaz, but hey slow starters don't do too go in Lingers, and here I am cursing again.

ok, let's do it again. In the last in Lingers today, Hot Day 9/4 is in my notebook but Laurentia 15/2 caught my eye too, so I went with the higher priced one, obviously. GL.

• Advertisement

In 3.20 Lingfield the slow going could put the cat amongst pigeons as far as form goes

Am scared to back any shorties here on account of their form/course-distance form may not be backed up/franked

Laurentia not without a chance being topweight here

I'm going for Gary's first-time blinkered Henley Park each way here at 33/1. Is drawn in box three here; will hope the horse is held up, as he doesn't normally go very well when chasing the leaders, but the slow going might help him stay if he decides to get on with it and be front-ranked early

A place will do me here as am not hoping for a lot. Perhaps a combination forecast with Laurentia as well

a man who knows time of day tells me he thinks Bellagio Man 11/2 4.35 Southwell has a proper chance tomorrow Thursday 15 Dec

I told him I like Embour 9/1 in that same race, and he agreed that he thought a right good case could be made for Mrs Carr's gelded son of Acclamation; although I'm not as bullish about Embour as the other chap is about his fancy

think I'll back them two to win, myself

Cases can be made for all of them in that race. I had a look at it earlier, it's a trappy little affair, I put a tiny bit on the fav because I backed him lto and lost out and I'll be well pissed off if he wins today.

I decided that I fancied a long shot today, so I dipped my toe into 3:03 Sth, Capla Blue is my fancy.

• Advertisement

Bellagio Man w'drawn & Embour ran no sort of race :(

go each way on Papa Stour 25/1 in 8.0'c Chelmsford. Will excuse latest run as was after absence. Think seven furlongs on Slow going on Polytrack is his bag. Looks like he could or should be half the price he is!

all academia now 😒

Chelmsford ALL WEATHER meet "ABANDONED" - guess "The Cold" must be exempt from the "All" part 😪

subject to a 'precautionary' , so Southwell may not go ahead. have only looked at one horse in the one race, and that race is the opener - the 1.25

Ustath is drawn in four box, and previously acquitted himself well over the course and distance - when racing prominently. he came 1st and second in two consecutive races in July over 6furlongs, with both those on the Standard to Slow going, when leading - or attempting to. hasn't raced on the course/distance Standard/Slow going since then, and the hope is is that conditions should, tomorrow, be ideal

ticks enough boxes; been almost three months since he ran - which is a niggling concern tbs

anyway, will go each way on USTATH 22/1 1.25 Southwell

not much point trying to study when racing mayn't go ahead, so will leave off as only a masochist or a recluse with no life and/or nothing better to do, would bother his h00p

still, in the last - the 5.25 Southwell - ELETTARIA caught the eye. ran okay at Wolves lto after an absence over the extended mile trip. will be only her second run for latest connections, and the filly showed potential on her last run for Clive Cox when she came 5th over 6f at Kempton. Looked, going on form shown then, as if seven furlongs should suit.

don't know if it will, but looks a nice price at 25/1 . will go each way on Elettaria here also. chance each way double too

guudd luke 😋

Ustath not without chance in the first, having gone close off higher marks. My pick is My Brother Jack however who's been very consistent last few months, would've more encouraging if the mark had fallen a bit but it's not, so nothing crazy.

And just a random thought - with no jumps racing going ahead, all punters are now throwing all their powers into AW racing and with so much attention, nothing should go unnoticed and not reflected in the prices...

3rd, mb+

Let's go again. Just a quick glance, as there's not much to work on in 2:00 Sth, I like Sweet Idea & Smile and Pay, Sweet Idea was badly squeezed out last time and Smile&Pay led for most of the way and kept on till the very end only to get beaten by two hot favs, might be able to grab a place again now back in trip.

Sweet Idea 2nd by a head ffs, mb+ but still, not so lucky with Smile&Pay. Arbbawi was hammered in the betting just just before off, no one is surprised he's won. I need a winnah, quick.

3:10 Sth, a toss up between Zealot that might be on the upgrade and Swiss Cheese, I mean Perfect Swiss, who's on serious downgrade and now is well below last winning mark. And then there's a Lordsbridge Girl that ran a very good 2nd in Kempton lto. Decisions, decissions...

*** no gut feeling about any of those, I let it be.

Post edited by j@utis on

5:25 Sth, Back From Dubai 11/4 is obviously obvious, right, I'm on.

And two more speculative bets in maidens in Kempton, I expect them both to improve on their previous runs 5:45 New Dayrell 5/1 & 8:45 Alice Knyvet 15/2. GL.

I also see that Total Commitment is entered in 7:45 Kempton, only narrowly beaten yesterday *again*, I'm surprised that he's still "a runner"... I thought Tyger Bay beat him quite easily last time they met and I wouldn't be surprised he's gonna do it again.

Post edited by j@utis on

• Advertisement

Torre Del Oro - 4th in Kempton's 5.45 is definite "notebook" job. came 4th so won't go unnoticed for nto.

Meanwhile: A ruddy inspection going on atm at Kempton ;( 😕😓

ABANDONED!! - Kempton

fekkit anyhow 😭 what me supposed to for next c. 2hrs ?? they didn't take that into consideration, did they, da chooontz?? 😄😭😢

Got myself a winner but I won't be going to Dubai with the winnings at those prices.

Kempton maidens aren't going to plan so far.

still, in the last - the 5.25 Southwell - ELETTARIA caught the eye. ran okay at Wolves lto after an absence over the extended mile trip. will be only her second run for latest connections, and the filly showed potential on her last run for Clive Cox when she came 5th over 6f at Kempton. Looked, going on form shown then, as if seven furlongs should suit.

Out the back early Elettaria, and never in contention. came with a couple of low-key "runs" after final bend, up home stretch, but never looked like getting involved. ended up beat c. 8lgths, so not exactly "a mile back"

hard to know what to make of that run. i'm gonna take an optimistic view and say that they were just bringing filly out for a spin today, and trying to get more of a clue about her for future races

can't rule her out for next race or three she may partake in, and she may well run a decent race over the 7f, or a similar, trip; and, is possibly one that may benefit from application of cash ☺️

no #racing at all on today it looks like

#that'd be Horseracing "Under Rules" here in Eire and also across pond

Jebel Ali goes ahead tho 😂

ya'd be too pi$$ed off to do any study this weather, what with the way us punters are being treated with all the cancellations etc 😒

either race or don't ! fekk this 'abandoning meetings' mid-meet shoyte 😒😓

looking forwards:

Chelmsford Monday 19 Dec

6.0'c

The 2/1 Paper Fav Evolicatt is a 'likely' leader here; she has led in her races before, and if nothing else goes on, then she can make running, p'raps

Bonnsie, a paper Burlington Bertie shot, is another, and perhaps slightly more likely, leader here

nonetheless, this is a claimer, so they're a poor enough bunch

I just hope something tries making running here, as I feel a true-run race will suit my pick

My pick Do It For Love - a paper 13/2 poke - is a hold-up horse. She came a decent and close 4th lto over the trip at Lingfield. That was her 6th ever run, and looked to be an improvement on most of her five previous ones. Only seven #due to go to post, so she should have no problems navigating her way through a (hopefully) well thinned out field, come the business end of proceedings. She went fair wide lto off the final bend at Lingfield - will hope she takes shorter passage Monday eve

She's by the enigmatic Zoustar, who's (on both sides) of unknown parentage - makes ya question all this "pure-bred" cráp they speak about 😏 Anyways, Zoustar had a Chelmsford 2yo winner last week over the 7furlong trip at Chelmsford - so breeding angle bodes well. That horse was Secretary in last Thursday wk's 5.30 race at the course

#if racing goes ahead at all

If she's near enough, she may just well be 'good enough' 😊 all things equal, she's worth a fiver win at them odds imho

DO IT FOR LOVE - WIN

#maybe racing will be for good banned - who knows??? going on about "Whip Usage" this morning on the ITV programme 🙂🙂 "backhand position" 😂 Wotta load a bajollox; all in an effort to appease a bunch of fringe lunatics. Might seem funny to those who are indifferent to the "Pro-Cush" and its use, and/or them what don't care about punting, but, to those of us who see a "curtailment in our civil liberties" angle, going by schtuff spouted by the woke folks in the MSM at every and any available opportunity, then it aint funny at all 😓

guud luuk

^^^

a general 4/1 shot is DO IT OR LOVE

about right , without being in any way generous. Worth a € or 2 win imo. No value in current price, but no obvious outright contenders in this race neither

tomorrow Monday 19 Dec

Lingfield

(if it goes ahead - "Inspection" planned, so unlikely imo)

anyhow, my picks

1.30 FURKASH 11/2 , PATIENT OWNER 15/2

2.30 LUCKOFTHEDRAW 25/1 , LADY OF THE NIGHT 20/1 , SHELDON 20/1 , WALK IN THE WILD 5/2

3.00 HACKER DES PLACES 16/5 , DR T J ECKLEBURG 8/1

3.30 PUNCHES CROSS 14/1

each way on the above

guud luuk

nowt today

hope to put up a guud one on the tomorrow chums 😊

• Advertisement

Advertisement