Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Can GPU be shared with family playing via cloud streaming on Samsung tv? Can’t find any definitive info on this situation, I know can be shared between two consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I am wondering will cloud streaming only setups backfire for MS ? People will see janky performance and buy a PS instead.

Works fine for me, no jankiness. Besides, it would make more sense to buy an xbox so you can download the games if you are having jankiness.

Not a great experience for me even though it's a wired 100 MBps connection. Handy for checking a game out before downloading.

But, my point is that people won't know this or won't buy a console. People have no way of knowing if they are getting the right framerate or response times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

If you are using a Samsung tv for the streaming you may want to invest in a usb 3.0 lan adapter or use wifi as the built in lan ports on tvs are notoriously bad.

I've a series x, I download games only. I've a wired connection to it. 100mbps and it's a yuck experience if I stream.

A previous poster was querying about TV access.

Good advice re: ports on TVs.

MS definitely need some way to indicate if your gaming experience is optimal while streaming otherwise people will think, this looks **** compared to x,y,z.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

I don't bother with downloading anything if it's on cloud. I am shocked at how seemless the performance is tbh. Even playing multiplayer games like crossfire X.

I have my series x set up on a the 5ghz network at home while most other things connected to 2.4 WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I played that crossfire x earlier, to get an achievement for a rewards card.

I played it on cloud and despite being awful at FPS's in general, was able to get 4 kills in my first ever match.

Cloud gaming is almost asynchronous for me on a wired 1gig connection!

It's a pity Stadia had to fail, but Google's mismanagement of the technology should not take away from how good it's going to get!

All the major players are still involved in cloud.

There is going to be some bad too, no doubt! I was playing Torment the other day on cloud too and the video stream just crapped out and started tiling and glitching. I had to restart the session, but it was fine after that.

I'm optimistic for the future anyway :)

Yeah, it's where the market is going. And 5g will provide this on mobile as well.

Played the Lego Star Wars game on GP for a couple of hours. Looks great and plays very well. But not for me. If you are a Star Wars and Lego fan you'll love it. Also, perfect for kids.

• Advertisement

I don't think we'll ever see proper 5G in Ireland. Not the latency free type that would revolutionise gaming like they have in California. We'd need transceivers on every other telephone pile and rooftop, it would take far too much planning, organisation and legislation that puts it way beyond a possibility in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Friendly bump, does anyone have experience with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭eggy81

Xcloud sucks on my connection too. 1 gb wired to my series x. It’s poor compared to stadia. On the whole though series x is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Jaysus, the YouTube app is non-stop ads lately. It's almost unwatchable on Xbox now.

Yeah nothing like getting a pre roll ad then getting more 1 minute in. They're also getting more aggressive with unskippable ads.

They will experiment to see what's acceptable for most people Vs max profits for ad revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Youtube premium in India lads. €2ish a month, can be shared with 6 accounts.

Brave is youtube and spotify's kryptonite on pc/laptop never an ad do I see or hear. On mobile and tv apps though... which is really what they care about really they can kiss my Raspberry Pi Hole ;)

If you have kids install the kids apps on the TV though most of the content is adults making ads for plastic crap from China ....aka Ryan and his Ma and Da

Got FarCry5, Fallout4 and Mass Effect Legendary Edition cheap from CEX.

One if the advantages of physical games and being new to a platform.

I've tried them already on GamePass so I know I'll complete them (the main games anyway) eventually and I don't need GamePass to complete them, as they are all huge games.

But mostly I like getting video games in the post, like I'm 12 again 🤣🤣🤣

Digital games and DLC suck, unless it's a subscription service.

The content is tied to an account and can never be transferred.

So, next on my wishlist is a cheap physical copy of Skyrim special edition or anniversary edition..can't really buy the latter second hand as it's a one time download code for the anniversary stuff.

Then, I think I've got all my XBox games covered. Only a small collection, and only the ones I want to play.

Hoping Starfield is good and should have about 6 months to play around with it on GamePass.

Also, hopefully the world is a bit more bright, colourful and cheerful than Skyrim or Fallout 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

We have the series S and it’s hidden underneath the desk with no access needed to insert games so for us it’s perfect, along with game pass and buying games and dlc from the Microsoft store when they are on sale we never had any issues but we are getting a switch off santy this year so will probably be back to cex regularly buying and selling again!

If I could transfer/swap/sell digital purchases on the MS store then that'd be fine.

Anyway, apart from that makesure you also check out cdkeys and eneba for cheap digital games for Xbox as well.

It's been a long time since I traded games but my recollection was it was barely worth the bus fare into town. Their greed lost them the market. If it was better value to trade physical games everyone would still be doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have booted up RDR 2 the last two or so days and it is my first disc game to play in years. It's actually pretty loud for a few minutes when you first start to play. I thought it would just use the disc to confirm you own it and then play from the files on SSD. That is what it does do but the disc does make noise far longer than just a quick read to confirm ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

With the soon to be gone Levels in GameStop, I got NFS Unbound for €13 with GoW Ragnarok traded in. Level 4. Without it, on fhe new "Pro" thingy, it would have cost €20. That was good value imo. Not sure how much it would have been without the Level 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Yeah saw that. I am level 3 so I have to change it on my profile to the new card and read up on it properly what the benefits to it are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

GameStop had a big sign up saying 10% off Atrix accessories but when I got to the till they told me it dosnt apply any more, i have a level 3 card and was expecting some kind of benefit from it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The benefits for the levels really are trading in. Especially if you trade against a preorder. That's all I really used it for. This new Pro craic is less about discounts and more about extra fluff like discounts in other businesses that have nothing to do with gaming. I'll keep my Level 4 and if they want me to pay to sign up after the promo I'll just start shopping in Smyths and use them to trade in only. There's little benefit with the new Pro thing imo.

And all those other offer codes that were given were on a UK site and only available to UK residents.

They have done other things with Pro though. They recently sold MW2 for €40 and the Series X for €450 with a free Atrix pad for Pro members. You do lose 5% of the trade boost of level 4 though.

• Advertisement

This all just sounds like desperate attempts to justify their existence. I'm sure if they sold stuff at a good price available to the general public without any gimics they'd be in a much better place right now.

Advertisement