Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your own pictures of bad parking **WITH CHAT**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Ah tesla drivers, fast becoming worse than a BMW driver ever was. Or maybe just migration 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I drive a big FO tank but I’m sh1t at getting between the lines when parking so I just take half the footpath instead.

My little brother parked around the corner, both in Nutgrove SC.

Pedestrians going to and from Windy Arbour Luas can go and sh1te, especially if they use a wheelchair or a walking frame or push a buggy.

I must park right outside my front gate. I’m too important to take thirty seconds to walk around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

If they wanted to I'm sure they could contact the council to cut out the path to access their garden for a driveway, I think it's around €300?

I honestly think it's time to implement permit parking in housing estates in some areas. The estate my old house is in is a bloody car park because people keep parking their car outside their house so others don't park there. It's ridiculous. Several paved over their garden for a 2 car driveway they don't use. People are also afraid to park up on the curb to leave a little space to protect the precious grass. One time we needed an ambulance and the guy had to get out to direct the driver so he could zig zag around all the cars. There's a few vans on the road now too and people are parking right at the junctions. I'm amazed the bin truck can navigate the side roads.

The guy in the house directly across from my old house parks on the road even though he's the one who's always out first and in last, the other car doesn't leave most days. He's just a miserable príck. I make a point to park outside their house when I'm visiting if he's not there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

If anything like here recently they park out on the road so they don't get blocked in. The estate over from the hospital has grief because parking charges in the hospital is robbery. Few people have had to call the police to get cars towed from the front of their houses because of selfish idiots parking across driveways. We have a few here on the estate that visit and park across someone's driveway nearly every time they visit. He's had to tell them to move to get in and out a few times now and when confronted, the person living there acts as if it's his fault rather than her friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭harmless

Tipp CC at it again, last time was a GAA match this time to have a pint perhaps.

That's a school across the road btw and that Rang Rover is there all day most days, possibly work in the pub that is on the side I am.

It would be impossible to spot a child trying to cross on the same side I am on. I don't often see children attempt to cross on their own, their parents have probably warned them not to.

Cars would park on this footpath all the time. One day I saw traffic wardens give some of them tickets and it has stopped for this section of the path.

Further up the path are long term residents, never mind getting a ticket they didn't even have to move while two wardens were there.

Ah nothing like that, just houses with 2-3 cars or people just not wanting to park in their drive to block someone else parking outside the house. Estate is all semi detached so plenty of space between drives, my sister and neighbour both parked outside our houses between the two drives, just about. One car parking would have tons of space around the drive. Don't think anyone every got blocked in, people just being petty and leaving the drive empty just to keep the road for themselves...

• Advertisement

They keep on coming;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Returned from dropping my father in law off at the Mater Hospital, only to find this lovely person had left me the impossible task of reversing out. Went off for a cup of coffee and thankfully as there was only 20mins left on their parking ticket, they were gone when I got back.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Timfy

A photo from a recent trip to the UK proving that it's not just an Irish problem... The silver Kia was parked like this for five hours! There is an empty free car park literally 50ft away. The woman behind pulled in but then drove off when I started taking pictures.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

One of many ignorant drivers, alive & well in Tubbercurry,Co Sligo

Parked on main street causing an obstruction in front of the no parking bollards.

Gardai ignore & allow the behaviour to carry on daily. No traffic wardens.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭maebee

An almost empty car park. Tipp drivers have to be the worst in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ARX

Sure why would they go to the bother and expense when they have free footpath parking for life?

Dear Lord, grant me the lack of self awareness and complete absence of empathy to allow me to park at the empty turning circle right under the no parking sign and sit back watching all the other school parents struggling to get out of the cul-de-sac. From Taney school Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Someone finally snapped in the UK. Painting move on a few cars parked on the footpath

Another cul de sac, but with an access route for pedestrians mostly blocked by this genius, despite the ample space on the road. Lucky that I wasn’t pushing a buggy or using a walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,834 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They appear to be abandoned - flat tyres - the one nearest the camera definitely is anyway so presumably they want the council to "move them on"

Just noticed they both have smashed windows as well

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

People in estates get mad possessive about ‘their’ space, myself included.

When I lived in the DCC area I became a bit of a pest with them over bad parking, but I got to know them in there and it made a difference. Got double yellows down in a few places cars ticketed a few days.

Just have to be persistent with them to get results.

The urge to pick that Corolla in Roscommon with a teleporter and drop it next to a river is strong too 😂

Cui bono?

Dickhead in the white Kia blamed the grey Merc (marginally over the white line) for taking up two spaces- peat demand at Cornelscourt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

So where should the Kia have parked then? In the left space, as close as possible to the Merc? If there, neither the Kia passenger nor Merc driver would be able to enter or exit their cars.

If fully in the right space, the middle space would still be unusable, unless you would expect the third driver to squeeze in & block anyone in his own car getting in/out & again, preventing both the Kia passenger & Merc driver being able to open their doors.

The spaces are far too small for today's larger cars.

We need larger spaces & more of them, to facilitate today's larger cars & all the new cars coming onto the roads.

😁.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No need for bigger spaces - just good thoughtful drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭maebee

I think most people would have parked properly in the space to the right.

It’s not the end of the world if a passenger can’t exit in the space. They can easily hop out beforehand. It’s also not the end of the world if the Merc driver can’t get in. They might learn to park properly if have to suffer the indignity of climbing across from his passenger seat.

Or if he had parked properly in the right hand space, he can still leave space for a small vehicle

Yeah, and you could park over the hatch marking a little bit to give the car in between a bit of space. Not a big deal really just the Kia not having the foresight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Then you'd have some S#### A### comment in his being over the hatch marking. He couldn't win.

• Advertisement

Tipperary county council replacing brick pavement with tarmac to accommodate pavement parking.

How does this happen, what councilor has the power to legally encourage illegal parking?

Advertisement