Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Your own pictures of bad parking **WITH CHAT**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

• Registered Users Posts: 45,872 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Spotted this van at a local Community hospital/HSE offices here in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,549 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Spectacularly obnoxious parking by a van driver from Pat.ie on Knockmaroon Hill for evening rush hour this evening, making it effectively one way. Absolutely no chance for a wheelchair user or parent pushing buggy.

Post edited by AndrewJRenko on

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Arnout

At least there's a sign on the second photo announcing a road narrowing.

The same crèche I posted earlier. They've also blocked off some space between the parking spots so you can swing open your doors. Not so you can park on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,549 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is that supposed to justify blocking the footpath?

No, I was being sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I’ve noticed an increasing trend in these awful Parker’s. It’s those with a sense of entitlement whether it be the rich or government spongers. Always the same

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭PatM65

Drove against the traffic arrows to park like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭maebee

What is it about Tipp drivers? I notice it all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭maebee

Dunnes Stores Car Park, Ennis Road, Limerick today. Shur there's loads of empty spaces, I'll take 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Ah fair is fair lad, a monster truck 6 litre engine beast like that would need 4 spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭PatM65

That was the Aldi car park in Cahir. Within minutes of taking that photo two more cars had driven against traffic to find a parking space

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

This at Cavan Hospital today, carpark was packed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

I’d like to have an old Micra to drive around in situations like this. Reverse it in and leave a couple of inches for the driver’s door. Even if they belted the micra leaving, it could only improve its appearance.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

BUT its an expensive German car - you can do what you like when you have an expensive German car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

As an avid follower of the Twitter account @YPLAC, I was particularly appalled by this Amazon Prime driver.

Van abandoned while he delivered, across two disabled parking spaces in the Blanchardstown Retail park.

Don't you know you can leave your vehicle anywhere (but preferably in disabled spaces) as long as you put the blinkers on?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭ofthelord

This guy earlier pulled into two spots in busy carpark @Centra Rathnew. not a bother on him jumping out and walking into the shops with other cars looking for parking spots. And then to top it off a big van parked up covering the footpath & cycle lane just outside the exit blocking view of traffic coming up the road making exiting the carpark fun

With apologies for the crappy picture: can anybody guess what went wrong here? (Hint: look at the other cars)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,189 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

one way street?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

And we have a winner. Right here (where the black Polo is parked): https://goo.gl/maps/HxfFwE97CFyqpfg37

Maybe he/she reversed up the street!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭harmless

Why would anyone pay and display when you can drive 80m down the road and park on the footpath for free with zero consequences.

You need to get in nice and close to a pole like this to prevent those pesky parents with buggies from getting too close.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭peneau

This afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭J_R

Lane off High Street, Sligo

Post edited by J_R on

I can see some sort of yellow sticker/paper on the windscreen. Hopefully it's a parking ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭J_R

• Registered Users Posts: 34,189 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭harmless

Down to Earth but Up to no Good. Only able bodied people can pass, no disabled or children in prams!

The second pic is where the van is parked every evening until the morning, lots of parents with young children live locally.

You'd think the company logo would give some incentive to behave.

Will the Garda traffic reporting portal put an end to this if it ever goes live?

Advertisement