Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Your own pictures of bad parking **WITH CHAT**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭zg3409

Not discussed is that many of these drivers struggle to park and all involved may be safer if they stay away from everyone and park in such a way no one will want to park near them.

Many spaces are impractically narrow for modern cars and those that don't want to end up with dents on their pride and joy need to improvise.

I am not saying some of these are not those who can park, but decide to park in front of the door or in a disabled spot, but many struggle in shopping centres. Should bad parkers be put off the road, maybe, but I would be more worried when the cars are moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I’m noticing a lot more bad drivers that drive into spots instead of reversing. They generally end up crooked in the space and when it’s time to go they put themselves and other at risk by reversing into oncoming traffic as well as holding up traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,656 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

There’s plenty of room for his tank, but he just couldn’t be arsed reversing properly- look at the huge gap behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Needed room to open the boot.....

Seven Worlds will Collide

Or open the door without hitting the bar of the trolley bay.

But jaysus, that is a big car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fcukin' yokes like that need to be either banned or taxed as a truck.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

lotto winner, with money to burn i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

You don't need a lotto win to buy an X5, they are from €80k and up. Very common sight and the PHEV is a popular company car.

They are also not BMWs biggest SUV, the X7 is 5.2 metres, compared to the X5 at 4.8.

Why?

A diesel X5 is a far lighter car than a Tesla EV. An X5 PHEV emits about the same level of pollutants as a Toyota Prius.

All these calls for SUV taxes are utter nonsense. More than that, with battery tech and chassis design changing to accommodate longer range, the SUV body style is going to get far more popular, not less. What they should be judged on, is their green credentials, not whether a bad driver can park them properly in Dundrum.

• Advertisement

Not a great car for discreet unloading!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Magnum popped in for a.....Magnum?

Why? Because of the ridiculous amount of road space they take up - not just length but width.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Hello, I'm from AAC Painting Contractors. I always try to take up two parking spaces for my tank, even when the spaces are big enough to fit in just one.

It certainly has a reputation for being wide, but really thats only due to the disproportion with its narrow front end. At 1,976mm its quite a lot less wide than an X5, GLE or even a boggo Transit van.

And to the earlier poster, Magnum drove a 308 GTS, this model is the Testarossa (F110). Sonny Crockett drove a white example in Miami Vice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,773 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

And my CVRT is out since 18th December 2020 😂

An X5 is a lot less wide than an X5?

How many Testarossas do you reckon are on Dublin roads? and they're already stratospherically taxed

A Testarossa is a lot less wide than an X5.

There are 2. Whats your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭harmless

Is there any hope of pedestrians reclaiming footpaths?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

What hope do we have when the County Council flagrantly flaunts the rules like above?

• Advertisement

Hope of being able to walk safely and with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭harmless

I'm not sure about other counties but in Tipperary cars blocking footpaths is a major problem. I frequently see disabled people and parents with children who have to walk out in traffic even though there is a footpath.

The fine for parking on footpaths was doubled earlier this year(was €40 now €80), Of course it makes not difference without enforcement.

I don't know if there is any hope of resolving the problem when the county council(as seen in my pic) are part of the problem.

Or push a buggy or use a wheelchair

Edit: harmless beat me to it

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Lazy arse white van w***** in Howth this evening. 5 spots when he only needs 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I usually avoid this pavement because of this. There are two cars here, but there was a third one a few yards behind me before I pulled out the phone.

Audi drivers doing what they do best

• Registered Users Posts: 45,913 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I was in Strabane yesterday morning and while the car park of a local store was only 10% - 15% full I saw this as I was parking....

Honestly, I don't think the above ^^^ in Strabane is an example of bad parking, per se, as in they mis-judged where the lines where.

I thnk its an example of selfish parking, done deliberately so as to make it difficult as possible for anyone to park beside them.

I see it all the time and its a total dick move.

• Advertisement

At least Audi drivers are consistent.

Advertisement