Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AIL 2022-2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭good_afternoon

Why??

Sorry, just saw results.

Terenure the team to beat.

Con going about their business quite well...as always.

Lansdowne struggling.

Tarf probably didn't take fixture seriously yesterday.

YM.. Hot and cold.

Shannon building but need points.

Trinity slowing a touch it seems but still going to be in the mix.

UCD will be bottom half.

Hinch good start but hard to see them in top 4.

Garryowen will need miracle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Terenure do seem to be doing well. Will IRFU clamp down on them about players getting IPADs for man of match like they did on Ballina giving player use of car a few seasons ago???

Lansdowne are struggling but should be fine as Garryowen are worse...

Buccs going well in 1B. Would be good to have connacht side in 1A.

Queens, Blackrock teams to beat in 2A. Cashel next best. Bohs look likely to be dropping to 2B unless something big changes soon

Greystones 6 clear of Corinthians in 2B. Enniscorthy and wegians well adrift at bottom

Instonians 7 clear of Tullamore. bottom 2 are Ballina on 1 point and Well on 5. next sides are a bunch on 12/13.

• Advertisement

The ipads

UCD will be worse than Lansdowne also and someone else will drop back to bottom half... Hinch or cookies. An obvious top 4 of con, Trinity, tarf and nure forming. Hinch/cookies... Then bottom 4 of shannon lansdowne garryowen and ucd. I think they'll get away with it as they are sponsored and im curious to know what happens if they lose and the player of the match is from visitors?? Is it always gonna be given to their own. Connacht badly need a 1a team.. Buccs dropped quick last time.

That its sponsored should be irrelevant. I know a car is different but Ballina got 2 points deducted and 1000 fine for player having use of sponsored car a few years back...

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭luke9311

lansdowne struggling but with abit of luck hopefully we get going again, kinda hard to see us struggling for relegation tbh i think mid way/bottom half be where we end up simular to i think it was 2015/2016 season year after we won the league we had a simular season but did just enough to stay up mathematically. up to now i always thought tarf were the team to beat but second guessing now after the weekend but goes to show u anybody or their day is capable of beating one of the big teams/favourites if things go there way.

Id say shannon are kicking themselves tbh... i saw the game on the live stream while in work i think it was dineen? one of their players made a break during the game andif he passed to his teammate he would have been in for a try but didnt and set up a ruck but didnt score a try off it later one and the game ended up with a 1 score game. so yeah in a way could have should have one if you look at it like that

anyone at the cookies tarf game?

i seen it in this thread a while back saying stevie crosbie is in tarf now but didnt know if it was rumouirs or certain tbh...

I seen tarf put up their teamsheet before the game on twitter and he was on the bench.... was it the same stevie im thinking of that played that day that used to be in old belvo or just another player with the same name? Thanks

• Advertisement

Fixtures for next weekend

1A

Shannon v UCD 2pm

Ballynahinch v Cork Con

Clontarf v Terenure

Trinity v Young Munster

Lansdowne v Garryowen

1B

Banbridge v Naas

Armagh v Old Belvedere

Malone v Highfield

Marys v Buccaneers

UCC v Old Wesley 3pm

2A

Ballymena v Dolphin

Cashel v Crescent

Barnhall v Navan

Nenagh v Queens

UL Bohs v Blackrock

2B

Belfast Harlequins v Dungannon

Galwegians v Greystones

Malahide v Corinthians

Rainey v Wanderers

Sligo v Enniscorthy

2C

Clonmel v Instonians

Midleton v Ballina

Omagh v Bangor

Sundays Well v Bruff

Tullamore v Skerries

Should be some good games tomorrow.

If didnt have my own game would probably go to the 2 games in Thomond park

1A

shannon 36 UCD 24

Ballynahinch 13 Cork Con 20

Clontarf 24 Terenure 29

Trinity 24 Young Munster 25

Lansdowne 47 Garryowen 28

1B

Banbridge 35 Naas 20

Armagh 31 Old Belvedere 20

Malone 20 Highfield 17

Marys 9 Buccaneers 23

UCC 15 Old Wesley 25

2A

Ballymrns 26 Dolphin 10

Cashel 14 Old Crescent 8

Barnhall 32 Navan 12

Nenagh 32 Queens 24

Bohs 26 Blackrock 31

2B

Belfast Harlequins 10 Dungannon 15

Galwegians 12 Greystones 14

Malahide 20 Corinthians 26

Rainey 14 Wanderers 21

Sligo 17 Enniscorthy 10

2C

Clonmel 14 Instonians 28

Midleton 13 Ballina 13

Omagh 13 Bangor 14

Sundays Well 3 Bruff 10

Tullamore 18 Skerries 16

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Purple Fox

The Bateman Cup was confirmed during the week.

Jan 7th is Buccs V Queens in Dubarry

Jan 14th is Terenure V Young Munster in Lakelands (Double up of the AIL Fixture)

Final is February 4th venue TBD

Saw that. Nure Cookies doubling up no surprise..

Would be good to see the final in a provincial stadium if it cant be in Aviva like a senior national club final should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

Great win v Clontarf, fantastic crowd there and seriously tough rugby.

Being able to win such a physical game without Jordan Coughlan a big help too for the confidence.

hes over in dubai on a tanning top up i think 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Hey_Ho_Lets_Go_3

Henry McErlean starting at 10 for Terenure tomorrow

Who?

Wouldbe nice to see these totals and lists for the other divisions and if the lists for previous seasons could go up on the site..

Seems to be a really talented footballer. Heard very positive things on him while training with Leinster in recent weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Will nure be stopped or what

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

Seriously tough win v Trinity at weekend. Missing both our 10s but young Henry McErlean did well.

Down to play a strong Young Munsters this weekend

Predictions for the weekend?

Blackrock Cashel in 2A one of ties of weekend. 3rd v 1st...

Think rock will edge it. Queens should beat Ballymena. Nenagh to beat Navan. Barnhall to beat Bohs. Crescent to beat Dolphin

In 2B Greystones to stay unbeaten with win against Wanderers. Belfast arlequins to beat Malahide. Wegians to beat Enniscorthy. Dungannon to beat Rainey.

2C Clonmel beat Sundays Well. Bruff to beat Midleton. Instonians to beat Omagh. Skerries to beat Bangor. Tullamore to beat Ballina.

are most games across all divisions cancelled tomorrow? i know lansdowne and trinity have called off there games...

Good few called already. more in morning i guess after pitch inspections. i see some clubs will have bars/dinners going and try get people in to watch world cup games in the clubhouses..

lansdowne 31 - 41 shannon...... lansdowne werent ath the races for most of the game really! shannon better team on the day

• Advertisement

Mark mchugh has stepped down in Lansdowne

Advertisement