Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost-Effective, High-Functionality, User-Friendly Replacement for Pay TV

1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭NewClareman

I wasn't aware that Fox News was on my favourites list. I used to watch it on IPTV, where it used to be FTV. I never had it FTA on 28.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sqsqswqdwdwq

I have a Tiviar Alpha Box loaded with NCM's openATV6.3. When I switched the box on today, the unit boots up normally (Channel Readout in the front display (e.g. RTE1)), but the TV screen shows a splash screen only (OPENATV 6.3). Of course I retried several times, but the result is the same - splash screeen and no audio on either Terrestrial or UK channels. I reflashed the box (from a fresh NCM's 6.3 download) but the result is the same. I've a sneaking feeling that my box is toasted? I'd certainly appreciate any input you might have in troubleshooting the issue. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I flashed NCM's image a couple of days ago as I hadnt updated my tiviar in a few years. I restored my own settings so I'd get my previous channel list back.

Now each night, some process is running and wiping out my favourite channels each night. I dont think it's ABM.

Any idea what else it could be?

I haven't looked at this in at least two years - I've no satellite dish since I moved house.

As a general rule restoring your own settings will break my configuration. Enigma 2 has many settings, some of which interact with each other. All I can advise is to reflash and then configure your favorites manually.

(It most likely is ABM that is causing your problem. You can check this by turning off the schedule. There is also a way of excluding certain bouquets, eg favorites, from updates. I forget how to do this.)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 phil49

Anybody know why webif has stopped working on this box, I can see it is connected to my router, samba is running. webif plugin is running.when I type in 192.168.x.x I get Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.x.x. ( correct address as per network information on box). I have tried restarting both router and box. Image version is Openatv 6.4

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

Hi Guys,

I'm setting up a Zgemma H7S with OpenVix 6.2 for my BIL in Macroom, Cork. I am having an issue with scanning Saorview with ABM which I hope you can help me with.

If I scan on the Tuner C (Combined DVB-C/T2) with Region set to "All regions, Republic of Ireland, (Europe DVB-T/T2)" it will pull in all of the Saorview channels. When I go on to the Saorview coverage checker, it says that MULLAGHANISH with channels 21, 24 is my nearest transmitter, however, this is not listed in the Regions. I have gone in and manually selected and scanned every region in Cork but it does not pull in any channels. It will only pull in the channels if I set it to all regions. But, there is no option with ABM to select All regions as above so the scan within ABM fails.

Would love it if someone could help as i am heading back home tomorrow and would love to get this setup for him. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Thats an old version and wondering if non supported , 6.4 and unsure if 7.0 is working.

Wiping out channels seems like ABM is rescanning and moving your lists.

You have to go into providers and press the the right of okay to change regions and green to save and should then pull in channels.

It is listed KERRY,MULLAGHANISH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

The Saorview coverage checker is often hopelessly wrong , in my case the saorview coverage checker says its Kippure for Celbridge , but that wont work on any combo box under ABM , you get nothing.

I had an old triax saorview box that showed the frequencies of the channels I could pick up with an autoscan , with a bit of detective work I found out that only two transmitters used the frequencies that were being picked up in Celbridge , that was the one in Donegal , very unlikely , and Dublin 3 Rock .... so put in Dublin 3 rock in ABM and it worked.

Dont rely on the saorview coverage map , its hopeless , like most RTE stuff really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Assuming the Saorview channels are already saved in the favourites bouquet, all you need to do is update the channel database. The actual channel names in the bouquets are the same identifiers. It is just the database entries that are pointing to the wrong masts. The easiest cure for this is to manually re-scan the appropriate frequencies.

SETUP>TUNERS & SCANNING>MANUAL SCAN> (The exact wording varies between different images but should still be more or less the same.)

Now select the DVB-C/T2 tuner using left-right keys if needed.

Move down and select PREDEFINED TRANSPONDER. Then select the TRANSPONDER option and again using left-right arrows to pick your local mast channel/frequency.

PRESS GREEN to scan and you should get a list of channels if you have the correct details. PRESS GREEN again to save this set of channels.

You will then repeat the above steps using the second local channel/frequency for your area. Scan and OK the second batch of channels found. You can now exit from the menus and if all went to plan the entries in your favourites bouquet should work.

I never used ABM but would assume it would be wise to disable any auto update for terrestrial or it may undo your hard work.

• Advertisement

If you don't know the correct Saorview channel numbers or frequencies for your area, you can manually search using the signal finder option under TUNERS.

Again make sure the selected tuner is DVB-C/T2 and PREDEFINED TRANSPONDER. Then step down to the TRANSPONDER section. Using the left-right buttons step slowly through each number. Pause for a few seconds on each one to see if you get a signal. When you do, SCAN and save using the GREEN button as above. The range of numbers goes from 21 - 69. (you will also see 5-12 but they are for cable systems and not applicable here)

Remember there are two sets of channels on two different channel numbers for each area. In some cases you may get more than two results. In that case choose the strongest signals.

If you don't get any results, your aerial may not be good enough.

I have no access to the box, but there is a method to update providers within ABM. You can only select one provider as ABM scans that provider to look for changes. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭daheff

I have to ask a very newbie question (so apologies)

With the FTA system taking 2 inputs (satellite & saorview), does RTE/saorview stations appear on the same menu as the satellite stations?

You can create your own list of favourites with any mix of Saorview and satellite you like.

But on a tv ?? never tried to do favourites but use the box for that

If you're using my software they do. There is a full list of categories that update automatically.

(I haven't used it in a while, so hope it still works ok.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭trabpc

Anybody willing to share thier AutoBouquetsMaker settings?

Have box since Nov 2018 on NCM's image and worked great thanks NCM.

But crashed this week so updated to 6.3 but no ITV or C5. Have Saorview sorted.

Thanks

Managed to get them in through manual scan.

select predefined transponder.

select 11306 Horizontal 27500 . Not vertical.

Refreshed ABM and all back but Bouquets need tidying now......

Favorite's gone.

• Advertisement

Many of your images and old and not up to date is why channel movement is not caught.

?

You shouldn't need to scan them manually, if you do there is a risk that they will be overwritten when ABM runs. There is an option on ABM to update the provider files, I would try that to see if it is the problem.

Before you recreate the Favorites Bouquet, make sure you have configured ABM to ignore it when it scans.

It wiped all my bouquets as you said..... So download your latest 6.3 again and configured the Saorview settings in ABM and refreshed so back working again including C5 after a frustrating Day messing around. Thanks again.

Why are people wanting to use old Images ? 6.3 is old and even 6.4 has been replaced on ATV ??

Stability. Tried 7.2 and kept crashing

@greasepalm Why would anyone update to a new release of software that adds no new capability? The Tiviar is now old and any regression testing on new releases for that box would be minimal.

Even 6.4 would have needed work, for little in return. I rolled it back and stayed on 6.3 for that reason.

• Advertisement

Once ABM is updated and working correctly all channel movements should be 'caught' automatically. It has nothing to do with the release version, once up to date provider files are available. If there is still an issue after checking for updated provider files then it could be worth while seeing if there is a new version of ABM available for 6.3.

The only area where changes are not automatically captured is in the Favourites list. Depending on how channels are added to this list changes may have to be managed manually. This is nothing to do with the software version, it applies to Favourites lists on all platforms.

If you think about it, most manufacturers only provide software updates for TVs and STBs for a limited period but they continue to carry out their basic functions perfectly well. The only reason I can think of to update the Tiviar is if it is being used for some IPTV services. That is something I never set out to support and I have no interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 spaced

Could someone recommend a tv box , E2, basic combo with saorview and satellite.

Just 2 tuners, don't need the ability to record. Like the H7S but just cheaper .

Reliability first, don't need the apps.

Beware that cheaper combos often only have now/next instead of full EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BettySwollocks86

Don't know if I'm the last person alive using this but have ran into a problem. When updating through ABM it was crashing on the FreeSat scan. I looked at the log and it stated KeyError 3645.

I believe the problem was also reported here:

https://www.techkings.org/threads/autobouquetsmaker-crashing.172854/

I didn't want to mess with the providers since the OP warned against it. However I did change the FreeSat one from "BBC Northern Ireland" to "BBC London/ITV London" as recommended in the TechKings thread above.

God knows if the change will lead to more problems or not.

It wont cause havoc, worst case it will cause a few changes to the channel list. I recommended against changing providers as I created a customised list of channels, that was provider specific. However, if I remember correctly, I moved away from that altogether, as it was difficult to maintain. Sorry I cant help more, I no longer use satellite TV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement