Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriend of Three weeks told me she's pregnant - I'm not sure that I'm the Father, What to say/do?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 doyoue

I am assuming you're in your 40s also. So time to be realistic. Like others have said: a woman in her 40s who has just dumped someone and is then delighted at a positive pregnancy test from a guy she has known less than three weeks: it is a red flag.

Secondly, it is REALLY UNLIKELY that she had a false positive pregnancy test. And I find it odd that despite the first red flag, you are just gonna believe the second claim.

One caveat: it is possible she had a very early miscarriage: some women think they are having a heavy period and dont even know that it was a very early miscarriage. It is possible she was recently pregnant. Especially given your report of heavier than normal bleeding. If so, it is likely not your baby in that case anyway, and she was still delighted at the positive result.

Not sure both your personal situations but this relationship really sounds like a bad idea. I say this out of kindness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭Tork

OP I'm glad she's not pregnant but this still sounds like a relationship with more red flags than a communist party AGM. If you choose to stay with her, be very careful.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod Note - As the OP is not looking for further advice on the situation for which he originally opened the thread, I will close this off.

Thanks to all who offered advice.

Hilda

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement