Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PlayStation Plus Extra & Premium Game Catalog lineup for November

PS Extra

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Special Edition | PS4, PS5

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege | PS4, PS5

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX | PS4

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue | PS4

Kingdom Hearts III | PS4

Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory | PS4

Oddworld: Soulstorm – Enhanced Edition | PS4, PS5

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 | PS4

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint | PS4

Chorus | PS4, PS5

What Remains of Edith Finch | PS4

The Gardens Between | PS4, PS5

Earth Defense Force: World Brothers | PS4

Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain | PS4

Onee Chanbara Origin | PS4

PS Premium is the R&C games announced earlier this month. No additional games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

You would have hoped they would have put Skyrim Anniversary Edition in there instead of the special edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Surprised it isn't in Premium considering it was originally on PS3. It would be in keeping with all the other PS4 native upgrades like Yakuza and Uncharted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ah, but the Special edition was a PS4 game. You still get the PS5 upgrade, but im guessing Bethesda wanted people to potentially spend money for the upgrade stuff.

That'd be my thinking anyway. Also happy Chorus is there, been wanting to try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭madmoe

My PS Plus Essential is coming up for renewal on 27/11/2022 and I am thinking about not renewing it this time around (not using the online element at all and have played most of the PS4 catalogue on PS5). If I do and then down the line signed up again would my library from today be intact or reset back to scratch?

Thanks,

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

Your library would be intact. Once you "buy" the free monthly games, they are yours to play so long as you are currently subscribed to PS Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Danick

I've been away from PS plus for a while - what is the deal with the different versions of Plus these days and how do I get the best deal? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

PS Essential - Same as before. 3 games a month.

PS Extra - 100+ additional games, plus the previous tier.

PS Premium - PS1, PS2 and PS3 games, as well as the ability to play timed demos of new games, plus the previous 2 tiers.

I don't think there are any deals any more, such as discounts on annual subscriptions, but Black Friday is next week so probably best off to wait until then. They might have 25% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭nullObjects

The person above did a good job explaining but if you go into the PS plus app on the PS5, at the top level it has all the games divided by what plan you need to play them so you can have a look at what's included at each level

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hhhmmm interesting to see how this plays in with Upgrades. I'm on Essential and waiting for the right games to be added before going back to Extra. It gives me a reduced price anytime I check the upgrade as it will extend until my Essential is expired so hopefully it gives me 25% off that instead of 25% off a year sub for either Essential, Extra or Premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

If it's less than 90 for 12 months of the highest tier, it'll be worthwhile to me!

I used to get 12 months plus and 12 months now for 45 each on special.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭jj880

Nice. Was waiting for black friday deal but not very hopeful. Can stack and forget about it for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Happy days, ill just pick up essential agin for the reduced price

Just cancelled my PS Plus Essential, was due for renewal tomorrow. Can see myself going back again at some stage but right now have way too many single player games to get through!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭jj880

Oooooh. Have never played Mass Effect. Excellent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Biomutant finally ending up where it was always destined to belong: as the second-tier offering on a monthly subscription service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I really enjoyed Biomutant. Long way from perfect but was a lot of fun which is always my no 1 criteria

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ketchupmessi63

Wow I envy you sooo much... I've payed the whole trilogy like 4 separate times back on the PS3... But the prospect of a new playthrough on a better console does gets me excited hehe

I also appreciate the inclusion of Biomutant - seems like it's gonna be a fun, sloppy romp.

But Dark Souls Remastered is the one I crave...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭tigger123

Are the PS Plus games expected to be available today, or is tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Should be today.

Just checked and I see them on the app now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I require Playstation insight my doods.. So i havent plugged my PS4 in, in a long time so im absolutely clueless with any changes made to the software in like the last 2-3 years. It will likely never get hooked back up.. However.. i get my nephew his PS Plus membership as a christmas present every year, i knew how it worked, it didnt require any thought.. simple times.. But, I was looking to get it again this year as usual and noticed they werent selling straight up yearly memberships as usual in the brick and mortars, just credit/gift cards for the PS store. So i investigated.. looks like theres 3 tiers to the membership now.. PS Plus Essential, Extra and Premium.. I had heard about these and thought it was just how the PS5 side of things worked. But what im reading, i think its how it is on the PS4 now to?

I was just going to get the standard PS Plus membership for him as usual so he could play games online on his PS4, so am i right in thinking that he would need to go with the PS Plus Essential?

Also if i did go for the PS Plus Extra option, can you access/play the games in the catalog on the ps4? or is it pointless and it only works on ps5?

Or am i a dope and the membership on ps4 works the same as it always did and im just reading into ps5 stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

All PS+ tiers are available on all consoles. Essentials is the old tier of Plus, Extra gives you access to the game catelogue and Premium adds classic games and game trials.

Premium isn't worth the additional money over Extra, especially on PS5 as all the PS2 games have major graphical issues on the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Has anyone with an Irish account that was expired been able to do the stacking of essential memberships and cheap upgrading to a higher a tier?

My account expires on the 19th so just in time for me to try this to get a cheaper subscription.

Must not have an active sub for this to work

I signed up to 12 months of PS Plus Essential at £24.99 then stacked another 4 years of PS Plus Essential making 5 in total.

The price to upgrade to the Premium tier = £74.99 for 3 years - I noticed the price doesn't go up at all after year 3. So if you stack more years of Essential it will still only cost a maximum of £74.99 to upgrade to Premium.

I stacked 5 years and it cost £74.99 to upgrade 60 months of Essential to Premium. Others have noted they stacked up to 10 years!

In total it cost less than £174 for 5 years of Premium which works out less than £35 a year.

If premium isn't for you, this trick also works with Extra which will cost you £58.99 to upgrade.

STEPS:

1. Must have a new account or lapsed PS Plus Subscription

2. Purchase 12 months PS Plus Essential at £24.99

3. Stack another 4 years by re-purchasing Essential at £24.99 (This worked on my desktop when clicking on the Essential tab (see image below)

4. Once you have stacked as many years as you like upgrade PS Plus Essential to Premium for £74.99

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Woah nice additions to Extra! Premium still not worth the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Premium really needs a torrent more of retro games, dropping in 3 or 4 a month is just too vague and likely to not scratch any itch of consumers. And I have premium and I still think it's a poor showing. I had a blast for about a week after I got it, but other than dipping in for nostalgia once in a blue moon, it's a crazy price difference

Advertisement