Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I'd agree 2 and 3 are much better, in 1 the gameplay is so dated.

I would say there is a lot of dialogue in 2 and 3 as well though so ymmv

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

My playstation plus sub is up in February I'm on the premium version atm. I haven't looked into it to much since the plans changed but can you still get PSN credit online for cheaper then updating the sub online via the playstation website?

Had a quick look at Enaba and cdkeys there all sold out of the Irish store credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Very difficult to get Irish credit for less than face value, prepaid subscription cards have also been phased out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

yeah it's been since Brexit came about that CdKeys and Eneba stopped having Irish PSN Credit in stock. Eneba have had stock the odd time last year but there usually wasn't much of a discount. And you also can no longer use your mobile credit to get PSN credit too😫

Last time I'd seen a €50 Irish voucher on Eneba it cost more than face value after their fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Feck! Guess just gonna have to drop a tier or two cause not paying 120 a year!

Premium isn't worth it, especially on PS5 as all the PS2 Classics are currently broken on the console.

Extra on the other hand is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I was thinking of buying my nephew, who lives in Spain a Playstation Plus subscription.

Am I correct in thinking he needs this to play multiplayer online games? And if he does get it, he can download a lot of games to play on the sub?

Finally, what would be the best way of getting it for him to use in Spain?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions...

PlayStation Plus sale: New subscribers get 40% off for Extra, 35% off for Premium. Existing subscribers get 30% off tier upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh ****, i was about to upgrade my sub just last night, thanks Eoin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

Is this one good for Irish players?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭KH25

Don’t think I’ve asked this before, but has anyone had trouble with games coming up as locked? I have the Mafia trilogy of games on my account but I can’t download or even buy any of them as the system says I already own ‘Mafia Definitive Edition Tracker’. From what I can tell it seems to be something to do with licences but I’ve restored mine and still no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

I signed up for a month of PS Plus Premium. It expires on 27th Jan. There is currently a sale on with €40 off 12 months but this doesn't seem to be available to me (presumably because I'm already on Premium).

Any way I can avail of this offer?

PS Extra:

Back 4 Blood | PS4, PS5

Dragon Ball FighterZ | PS4

Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition | PS5

Devil May Cry 5 | PS4

Life is Strange: Before the Storm | PS4

Life is Strange | PS4

Sayonara Wild Hearts | PS4

Jett: The Far Shore | PS4, PS5

Just Cause 4: Reloaded | PS4, PS5

Just Cause 4 | PS4

Omno | PS4

Erica | PS4

PlayStation Premium | Classics

Syphon Filter 3 | PS1

Star Wars Demolition | PS1

Hot Shots Golf 2 | PS1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Life Is Strange games are quality, top of the story/choices genre for me. But don't bypass Sayonara Wild Hearts, a delightful little gem of a game that doesn't get talked about much

Weird it's not the remastered version of LiS even though the originals looked better. Like Jim, can't recommend them enough, especially BtS if anyone played the first and skipped that prequel, adds a ton to the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Apparently Sayonara Wild Hearts was announced in error (no reason given), so won't be available next week.

Jim jinxed it :D

Ffs Sony, I said DON'T bypass....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I blame your bad pun. I assume it was intended as a pun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Excellent, been wanting to play B4B and DMC5 so thats a great month for me.

Leak for next month from the usual source. Will likely be announced on Wednesday

OlliOlli World (PS5 | PS4)

Mafia Definitive Edition* (PS4)

Evil Dead The Game (PS5 | PS4)

Destiny 2 Beyond Light [DLC] (PS5 | PS4)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

That's a great selection. What's Evil Dead like playing by yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Poor month for me, already have Mafia and the other 3 don't interest me. Here's hoping that line about Mafia possibly being replaced in some regions is good, and we get something different. /selfish

Think it's only places like Germany that get alternate games in Europe.

Happy out with OlliOlli World, loved the last one but never pulled the trigger on this.

I own Mafia but an absolute treat for those who never played it .

I wanted to try Evil Dead for ages so another good one for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭jj880

Happy with that. Some random titles there to try out. First 3 have very good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

OlliOlli World is a great game and really enjoyable.

Those games confirmed

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/02/01/playstation-plus-monthly-games-for-february-evil-dead-the-game-olliolliworld-destiny-2-beyond-light-mafia-definitive-edition/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sony has sneakily announced that the 'PS Plus Collection' is also being removed from May 9th (an announcement naturally buried at the bottom of a blog post).

The games can still be played past that date at least, but claim them now if you actually want to play any of 'em.

Advertisement