Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Kev8360

So... that happened, We were in cruise control 1st half and then once Arizona got going we had no answer on offense. Credit to the defense , they kept us in it and only some moments of real quality from Kyler Murray we may have held on but just too many mistakes no offense to overcome.

The offense went very conservative in the 2nd half and O-line protection completely broke down , production on the ground was poor and we didn't take any time off the clock.

Need to build on the positives from the 1st half and kick on...

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

I dont know what to say about last night's efforts......Chandler Jones at the moment is a definite bust and the defense as a group is awful. On Offense Waller picked a bad night to have an off one, oh Well. Denver at home, what could possibly go wrong????

its been a season for strange results so who knows maybe we will beat Denver but if not it could get ugly very quick - kansas city up next after that!

Well would you look at that -we actually won a game!

Great performance from the defence and also from the big players on offence

We will need to build on that for next weeks game vs chiefs cos they looked impressive against Tampa bay last night

We won!!! Well done us!!! Not even thinking about next week but this was nice to see. Great seeing another team get more penalties than us and we seemed to be much more settled in all aspect of play. It would be nice if..................no, I said I wasnt going to think about about next week and thats the way I'm keeping it!

• Advertisement

And they actually showed the game on Sky, too. No sitting there hoping it came up on the Radzone!!

Only caught the highlights this morning (and the lowlights at the end of the game)

but some positives to take going into arrowhead and losing by 1 pt isn’t bad but some of the decisions late in the game were very strange - 2pt conversion when an extra point ties it with 4 mins left , the 4th down play call where the routes got mixed up when maybe a quick slant or a run would have been better giving how well josh Jacobs was doing last night.

I know this team is 1-4 and hard to argue based on some of the performances. I feel like McDaniels still doesn’t have a good idea how to get the best out of what is there.

it’s probably a good week for the break to regroup and see what can be rescued out of the season.

Funny, although we are 1-4 I still feel the season has not run away from us. Our schedule gets a lot easier from this point on for hte next six weeks. Now, I'm not suggesting that we are going to win 6 weeks in a row, but the Texans, Saints, Seahawks, Jaguars, Colts and Broncos are games we should be able to compete in, if not win. We do need to regroup and come out firing on all cylinders in a fortnight. McDaniels needs to readjust his playcalling and we need to see the side of him that brought the Pats so much success.

Whats been really strange is that he has not found a way to get the ball to Darren Waller on any consistency this year so far - 16 catches in 5 games is way below what I expected. I understood Davante Adams would get more targets but I hoped that would leave more space for Waller and have better opportunities in the intermediate routes but its just not working out.

Seems like we have found a formula the last few weeks with josh jacobs running the ball and being more balanced on offense.

hope we can keep that up for the next few games and get the season going in the right direction.

• Advertisement

Well that was a disappointment - offense didn't really do anything at all. The offensive line just couldn't hold up under the pass rush and there was nowhere to run. We seem to never have a good offensive line and lots of talent at the skill positions at the same time - its a feast or a famine. Thats what happens I suppose when you cant settle on a front office long term.

Need to rebound against the jags, would be a great time to get Darren Waller back and have a bit more output from Chandler Jones.

I agree Kev. On Social Media over the last 2 days loads of fans calling for McDaniels head but I still think he can turn this around. Chandler Jones is a bust. End of. Another Jordy Nelson/Antonio Brown/Richard Seymour/Warren Sapp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Somehow appropriate that this thread has lost all hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Another 17 point lead blown. That's 3 already this season. The same number as they had blown in the previous 628 games before McDaniels.

No, its not that we've lost hope, we havent had it since 2002!!!!!!

that's unfortunately true. There is talent in this team because they are getting ahead in games but I do feel like once we are put under any pressure the offensive line can't cope and it certainly hasn't helped us the last 4 games that Darren Waller has been watching from the sideline - 3 and outs in the 2nd half of games are just gassing the D.

I think with time McDaniels could get the offense in a better spot but I have no confidence he can fix what's going on with the defense. Outside of Max Crosby we have no quality depth.

Hi Kev, good points well made! I do think that McDaniels can work with the offense but of course he isnt our Offensive Co-ordinator. He has to be present on both sides of the ball. Graham when he was hired came highly recommended and I suppose we all thought that he would raise the level of the D. And it hasnt happened. McD hasnt endeared himself to the fans because he is much more aloof and doesnt wear his heart on his sleeve. This doesnt sit well with the Raiders fanbase because we all want another Madden and McD just isnt that. I dont know what I would prefer at this moment, the head says give him time, the heart is going sack him!!

Johnathan Abram has been cut. I suppose its not really a surprise but the timing of it is very strange. Was he really that bad? I know his coverage skills werent that great, but are we leaving ourselves short of bodies??

I am not sure about his coverage skills but he is the type of safety the league is moving away from - he has poor tackle form , doesn't wrap up and tries for big hits most of the time. I think we have trying to trade him since the off season and cutting him is a realization of his value to the team and trade potential.

He will likely land on another team quickly as a serviceable backup but I cant see him as a starter in the league.

It really does show up how badly the Raiders draft when you look at all those first round picks we had over the last few seasons and how few have actually panned out. Kolton Miller is the last good draft pick by us. Incidentally this is not just on Gruden and Mayock. The last 25 years or so, we have been awful at drafting first round picks.

• Advertisement

Yes agreed , our 1st rd selections have been awful for a long time. when you consider we have had 6 1st round picks from 2019-2021 and only 1(Josh Jacobs and will he re-sign now that we didn't pick up his 5th year?) is still with the team now that goes to show the inability to draft quality. We seen to always draft players above the projection and based on their performance you have to question the scouting reports that lead to those decisions.

just nowhere near good enough... we will be playing for a high draft position for the rest of the season

This is near enough to the most low I have ever felt as a Raider fan, and god knows we've had practice....

i was at a game in Oakland when we lost to the texans 23-14 , texans in that game had -5 net yards passing ( i wish i was kidding). that defeat was not as bad as this colts game.

the sad thing is that i actually picked the colts to win in the predictions thread , we have no fight in us this year. The colts are bad but they kept playing for 60 minutes for their new head coach

Yep, I dont blame you for that selection, new Head Coach bounce coupled with our fragile dressing room it wasnt a reach to pick them (Lets see how they do this week). As regards us, I'm always loath to advocate changing the Coaching structure. The best Franchises are the most stable ones and we've always had a scattergun approach to hiring and firing since the mid 90s. But I do think that McDaniels has lost the dressing room. Thats the first thing (and hardest thing) to fix. Then the Defense, and also the O-line. Graham was a highly rated Defensive Co-ordinator before he came to LV so its either the personnel or communication between coaching and the players in terms of philosophy. Everyone wants the current Coaches out and I'm not so sure that is the wisest of moves. I see loads of fans want Sean Payton on board or Chucky back. Payton would be good but can we please stop thinking that Gruden is going to pick up where he left off in 2001? His drafting was awful and it was Bisaccia that got us to the playoffs last year. Anyways, as always, the Raiders find themselves in the middle of a maelstrom and we are trying to make sense of it all!

A win is a win - but oh my! we had to work hard for it. An awful defensive lapse to leave Devante Adams uncovered on that last play. You have to wonder if Denver will have the same HC at the end of season. From all reports McDaniels will be there anyway as we cant afford to pay him off

I agree. We made hard work of it but we got there in the end. Up until the Mack Hollins receptions in the 3rd Quarter, I really did wonder if any WR's were actually trying apart from 17. It really seemed like Carr had lost the WR corps. But it worked out okay. Next up, Seattle. Man thats going to be v interesting.

well that was a real back and forth battle. great to see us pull off a win in Seattle in a tight game. Josh Jacobs really went off on one. chargers up next will be a tough challenge - would be good to get a dose of revenge for wk1

It definitely would, Kev! And given that the Chargers run defense is not that good, its time for some more Josh Jacobs!

• Advertisement

Ah now, there's a tiny bit creeping in, despite our best efforts. Really enjoyed that win on Sunday. Always great to get one over the Chargers. Now roll on Thursday with the Rams. They are in bits, which means we are going to get shut out 49-0 by them!!!

Advertisement