Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Kev8360

close loss last night - it’s going to be a hard slog for the rest of the year if we can’t get some production out of our wrs.

Wow that was bad tonight. I did not expect us to win but that was a beat down.

Given that half of Cleveland was out with Covid last night it was not easy to prep for that game so I am very happy we won but still worried that our offense is regressing - even with all of our own injury problems!

I thought we had blown it with the interception but fair play to Derek Carr for putting that out of his head and coming back with a drive to setup the FG.

This season has been so weird - I cant even begin to predict whats going to happen for the last 3 weeks. Just got to enjoy the ride I suppose...

RIP John Madden. A giant of the game. You will be missed.

No matter what happens next week - I have to give credit to Rich Bisaccia and the Team. They have really put in a big effort to stay in contention for the playoffs with all that has gone on , losing HC and 2 top offensive players and a 1st rd drafted CB.

Great final drive with massive catches by Zay Jones and Hunter Renfrew. Daniel Carlson is becoming a real clutch kicker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Happy New Year lads and its great that the Raiders are still relevant going into the final week. A winning season too , no matter what! As you said, Kev, credit to Rich and his Management team.

Happy new year !

yep I don’t think we will beat the chargers on Sunday but progress has been made and let’s see how we go.

Really hope we can lock down a new head coach early and get a plan in place for next year to push on from this seasons positive improvement

Waller is apparently in line for a return on Sunday. If that happens it will be a massive boost for the Offense. Moreau is not turning into the player fans hoped he would become. Having Waller and Renfrow working the short and medium routes will be crucial to having a chance to beat the Chargers!

It would be great to have Darren Waller back for sure but only if he is really healthy. We really miss that deep threat- I was hoping desean Jackson would be more of a factor for us but we just haven’t had everyone available to play since the Dallas game so that doesn’t help him getting settled in and take some attention off him.

wow - what an end to the season! its been a rollercoaster ride. I am glad that Derek Carr has a chance to lead us in a playoff game, and that it is on Saturday night so I can watch it.

• Advertisement

I stayed up to watch the game and it was totally mental!! Very enjoyable result but I got put through the emotional wringer during it!

Fair play for staying up to watch it - I had work in the morning and only caught the highlights. The end of that game would have put years on to me!

it was always going to be tough and after the fumble in the first half I never really felt we were able to get back into the game. A lot of miscues on the o line cost us momentum - that definitely needs to be tightened up next year. Alex leatherwood has struggled and the 1st round status hasn’t been justified.

still though I thought the team stayed in the game and was happy that they were in a position to tie late on. The defense did well to contain the bengals and keep them in contention.

lets hope 2022 is a better and less controversial year for the raiders!

I'm still proud to be a Raider fan today. We didnt deserve to win and agreed on the O-Line, Kev. It was awful last night. But we can hold our heads high nonetheless! Oh, and well done Cincy! Burrow is one hell of a QB.

Yes I agree with you - proud of the team and being a fan, something that hasn't always been true over the last 20 years since we were in the superbowl last.

And now Mayock is gone....let the management carousel spin begin!

yeah having both 1st round picks from 2 years ago flame out is always going to put the GM on the hot seat. His low and mid round picks have been great but Ruggs and Arnett let him down massively.

Whats disappointing already is that at least one candidate is mentioned because his DAD was a success in the organisation. I'm referring to the son of Ron Wolf. I mean, shouldnt we be appointing on the basis of talent as opposed to ties with the organisation? By the way, the guy might be well capable but the reason he is being mentioned is because of his Dad.

Yes we have a habit making hires based on previous ties to the club - Mark Davis will continue to follow that path I fear . I would like to see us hire a GM first and then a Head coach who the GM has a say in. The previous situation was not ideal - always felt that Gruden had the final say on who we brought in.

The Bengals keep rolling - I wonder how they will do against the Chiefs? I cant see them winning but you never know they surprised KC earlier in the year. That will give them some confidence, I hate to say it but Kansas City look unstoppable - I think only the Rams defense can slow them down.

Post edited by Kev8360 on

• Advertisement

The path to the Superbowl is paved with "unstoppable" teams. I couldnt believe it watching that game as they collapsed!

So true. The opportunity just before half time to score was huge that the bengals got the stop. I think that turned around their confidence.

I do fear for that bengals o line in the super bowl against Aaron Donald and Vonn Miller though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭golfball37

Devante Adams - welcome to Raider nation!!

Wow! This season the AFC west has been busy with Trades.

Khalil Mack back in the division with the Chargers , Russell Wilson with the Broncos. We had to make a move and it makes a lot of sense especially if we renew Derek Carr.

Will be interesting seeing how this division plays out next year.

I wasnt sure initially about the new management team but it certainly looks like they are a measured professional team. I like that they arent afraid to splash out and also that they got Adams and Chandler. It would appear that they are going to use the current O-line personnel which worries me a little but I'm assuming McDaniels thinks we have the right players, the training and system just needs tweaking. I'm glad that they seem committed to Carr and hopefully this puts an end to the uncertainty about his status. The AFC West will be insane this season! I'm thinking of the NFC East in the late 80s early 90s type insane!! Anyways its good to see football in some form is back, even if no-one has snapped a ball yet!

yep The o line will be a weakness but hopefully we have more weapons and Carr won’t have to hold the ball long - McDaniels scheme is to get the ball out quick which I think will suit us.

The defense is where we do need to see an improvement. I was disappointed to see Yannick Ngakoue go as he was a great leader last year but Chandler Jones is a really good addition.

Delighted to see Derek Carr getting an extension for 3yrs.

I was surprised Josh Jacobs featured so much in the HOF game. Does anyone feel like McDaniels was putting him in the shop window or is he really just giving all the RBs reps?

Its not a good sign seeing as he didn't get the 5th year contract extension. Given his MO I do think McDaniels will implement a RB by committee vs a workhorse back so it will be a prove it year one way or another. I know its only preseason but just nice to watch a game again :)

Really good showing by Davante Adams last week - nice catch for the TD as well. Not a great day for Derek Carr but even with 5 turnovers we only lost the game by 5 points.

I do feel like the Chargers are going to be really motivated this year after how they threw away a post season spot last year. Khalil Mack is an excellent pick up for them and is going to be a nightmare with Bosa on the other side. A real test now is to rebound and get a win at home against the cardinals who will be smarting from the beatdown they got from the Chiefs.

• Advertisement

Hi Lads, having stuck it out watching the match, it was a real gut punch watching the end of that game. That loss hurt last night. I still think we have the right management and personnel but we really have to pull it out of the bag against Tennessee. In a timezone that West Coast teams normally struggle with.

Advertisement